• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I Got A Job!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fresh Prince

Superhero
Reaction score
In this tough economy were its hard to work I got a job working at CVS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You should've got a job at McDonalds, I hear they're hiring

I see what you did there.

Your avatar is perhaps the most grotesque image in the history of modern cinema.

on the subject at hand. maybe Mariah can put in a good word for you at McDonald's if CVS don't work.

Your avatar is perhaps the most grotesque image in the history of modern cinema.

on the subject at hand. maybe Mariah can put in a good word for you at McDonald's if CVS don't work.

I need to find a larger image of it.

What movie is that avatar from?

Well, at least you didn't get hired as a movie critic.

I kid of course, congratulations.

In this tough economy were its hard to work I got a job working at CVS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been working with them for almost four years and i'll i have to say is

Good luck cause you'll need it, while the good news is you will be making more $ than me,

Here's some pointers whatever your manager tells you, get in writing ESPECIALLY if they say "learn photo lab and you'll get a raise in 90 days", make sure you keep a written record of every clock in/clock out. Also there's a good chance they hired you @ this time cause minimum wage goes up in two weeks, and that means the base wage per hour for new hires will go up so whoever gets hired after you will most likely make more than you. Don't take it personal when new people who know less than you make more. Remember that first week when they leave you up front (by yourself) its ok to make mistakes. And if they offer you a promotion within the first six months make sure you have a general idea on what the people in other stores who work that position make. I know of a guy who quadrupled his responsibilities for an extra 30 cents an hour.

But Welcome Aboard

Last edited:
Also there's a good chance they hired you @ this time cause minimum wage goes up in two weeks, and that means the base wage per hour for new hires will go up so whoever gets hired after you will most likely make more than you.

Minimum wage is going up everywhere in two weeks or is this just a CVS-only thing? :huh:

Minimum wage is going up everywhere in two weeks or is this just a CVS-only thing? :huh:

Effective July 24 2009 the federal minimum wage goes up to 7.25 an hour. I believe some states have higher min wages though

Time to steal Fresh Prince's thunder...I just got a job at the Ritz Carlton! Take that!

But seriously, congrats. It's hard as hell to find a job these days.

Thanks for that info Trainwreck!

I'm gonna hold off on the job search until then.

Here's to not getting fired in the first month. :up:

Congratulations........ can I hold a dollar?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"