I Hate Zoos!

If humans were ever to go extinct would you want to be left in cage or accept that we had a nice run, but nothing last forever?

Last edited:
If hum were ever to go extinct would you want to be left in cage or accept that we had a nice run, but nothing last forever?

You're one funny feller.

If hum were ever to go extinct would you want to be left in cage or accept that we had a nice run, but nothing last forever?

Definitely the cage and so would most people. Why do you think there is such opposition to the death penalty throughout the world? If most people have a choice between prison and the firing squad, they are going to choose prison.

If humans were ever to go extinct would you want to be left in cage or accept that we had a nice run, but nothing last forever?

if humans were extinct, wouldn't that mean that there would be no humans left to put in cages? extinction means no more of that species...

And somehow you managed to top your previous statement in the stupidity scale.

You seems to be mightily ignorant about the roles modern day zoos play in both conservation and research.To some of them(the animals) the only hope for survival in wild comes from their brethren that are stocked in such zoos.It is the ultimate goal to release them into the wild (after proper acclimatization) and they are multiple pioneer projects on those .The days that animals live in cramped enclosures and horrid conditions are coming to a close(thankfully), this type of zoos should go the way of the dodo .

I'd be content if it was due to a survival of the fittest thing or a catastrophe like what happened to the dinosaurs. However, if it was due to another species hunting and killing them off, like humans have done with many species, then stick me in a cage with a female and give our kind another chance. I live about a mile away from a zoo, have an annual pass and go there often, the zoo was built on a very large portion of land and the animals do have room to roam. Sure some aren't well run, but there are some run very well and do their best to take the best care they can for the animal.

If you feel very strongly about this, then maybe you should educate yourself, find the poorest run zoos and find ways to get them to either change their ways or shut them down. If it's a passion do something about it besides just complaining on the internet. Find a poorly run zoo, but a blackfish like documentary that will help bring it's practices to light.

Also, just to mention pets again, wolves became dogs largely by choice, they realized it was easier to befriend a human and have food given to them than hunt. Their hunting instinct is largely gone, my dog chases squirrels, birds, chipmunks all the time, she caught on of each and each time let it go immediately and acts almost like she can't believe she actually caught it. I think it's the chase she likes, she's not actually hunting.

And somehow you managed to top your previous statement in the stupidity scale.

You seems to be mightily ignorant about the roles modern day zoos play in both conservation and research.To some of them(the animals) the only hope for survival in wild comes from their brethren that are stocked in such zoos.It is the ultimate goal to release them into the wild (after proper acclimatization) and they are multiple pioneer projects on those .The days that animals live in cramped enclosures and horrid conditions are coming to a close(thankfully), this type of zoos should go the way of the dodo .

I love how you try really hard to lay on the condescending tone of this post yet have numerous grammatical and spelling errors.

i'd like to be one of those wild animals that they release into gladiator arenas

I love how you try really hard to lay on the condescending tone of this post yet have numerous grammatical and spelling errors.

Hey ,English is not my native tongue and I can never claim to be an expert at using it (me rarely doing spellcheck is another fault of mine).If you find any errors just feel free to kindly shove it in.:woot:

Release all animals from zoos and let them live! This is crap!

Ahhh to be naive and free from the burdens of reality. It must be nice. Animals raised in captivity can't just go back into the wild.

Releasing animals back into the wild is pretty much a death sentence for them.

How would you fare if we dropped you off naked into the middle of the woods and you had no way to get help? You'd probably be dead in a few days at most. You don't like zoos, fine. We have animal reserves around the world.

If I was a dog I'd rather be hit by a car or eaten by deers than forced upon a family.

I know I'm not the first to notice this but what? That sounds like something out of Silent Hill. Except those deer would be the repressed memory of your mother murdering your grandmother or something.

Last edited:
I know I'm not the first to notice this but what? That sounds like something out of Silent Hill. Except those deer would be the repressed memory of your mother murdering your grandmother or something.

Ominous-deer_zpsjnfg158p.jpg

Not around here. We gots us a hunting season. Pew! Pew!

Yes, why, would you want a pet fish? But that is a lower level offense. listen I know this is a messed up world very, very messed up and you only have one life and it sucks that you have to be humans entertainment. If I was a dog I'd rather be hit by a car or eaten by deers than forced upon a family.

This is one of the dumbest things I've read on the Hype and that's saying something.

All of my dogs have been rescued from bad home and with me and my parents they've wanted for nothing. They are warm in the winter cool in the summer. They have toys to play with and never go without food. They don't have to deal with the diseases and near death experiences of wild dogs. They go to the vet for checkups and they sleep in a nice comfy warm bed at night and they are excited and happy to see me when I arrive home. Same goes for my cat who sleeps beside me most nights and spends a lot of time in my company by her own free will. None of my pets have to worry about predators either and they will experience longer, healthier, happier safer lives.

But sure go on believing your nonsense. Dogs evolved alongside homo sapiens and have been our faithful companions for around 40,000 years. It's a symbiotic relationship that is beneficial for both species. Some dogs do suffer at the hands of cruel humans but assuming that all dogs are worse off as pets is pure naive stupidity. You should try to open your eyes and stop parroting PETA's stupid nonsense.

w41t98h.jpg

That's why we have hunting season.

NEVER AGAIN. :argh:

If we went extinct, I'm pretty sure that we'd have more concerns than letting every pet and animal out. Besides if we went extinct then they'd die too in one way or another.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"