I think this deserves its own thread...Josh Trank denounces Fantastic Four

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope Studios stay away from him after all this drama he has shown... so unprofessional

No studio is going to hire a guy who trashes his 122 million dollar movie on opening day.

Thank God this guy is far away from Star Wars as possible. Dodged a bullet the size of a Death Star.

Looking forward to seeing more of Kinberg's "I don't know what you're talking about" attitude.

He obviously wants to talk but cant because he signed a confidentiality agreement when he signed on.

He is so screwed, and will be made to look like the villain by all this.

Honestly though...HIS DOOM was Victor Domashev. ahaha

Fox will blame Trank

Trank will blame Fox

The Blame Game.....

Hnestly not surprised. The reviews that emphasize the reshoots pretty much confirm that half the movie isn't Trank's.

But he is going to be in trouble for posting that, has got to be in breach with his NDA.

Well looks like he is done in Hollywood he surely broke some NDA by trashing the film like that.
That was extremely unprofessional and right on opening day too
Maybe movie studios should just go with the micheal bay type and stop risking it all on untested flash in the pan guys with hype.

I never understood why they went him in the first place, his previous film was ok not great and he didnt seem that interested in respecting the source material.

Me right now:

giphy.gif

This trainwreck is getting even better.

I never understood why they went him in the first place, his previous film was ok not great and he didnt seem that interested in respecting the source material.

I can see the logic of it. Chronicle was a low budget movie that did very well. It brought in over $60 million domestic. So he does this found footage movie about young people getting super powers. It's essentially a post-modern take on the superhero film. It found an audience.

So now, they have this up and coming filmmaker, has a pitch for Fantastic Four. His pitch is about hard, gritty realism and sci-fi. Fox is on a deadline and they need to get something done with this property. They probably figured something that was in the opposite direction of what the Tim Story films were could work. Why? It worked for Batman and Superman right? Why not the Fantastic Four.

Now I mean I agree with you, I am just saying, from the warped logic of a studio head, that's how it made sense.

Oh, I thought lord and Miller's anthology film was different from the one Trank was gonna do.

I'm not sure what the case was with that, but either way we got an upgrade for 2018.

Because he was the last guy to pitch his vision before the rights would revert.

I know that I posted my take three times on these forums for how to do a darker sci-fi horror take on the FF's origin which still respects the source material and balances the horror with action and comedy.

What does it mean if a total nobody on an internet forum can write a better treatment for the FF than professionals in Hollywood? I can post a full script on fanfiction.net if people here want me to.

I wish we can get a behind the scenes documentary for this film to see what really happened like the nic cage/superman film.

I think he's kind of p****** on the actors who looked like they really were trying to make this work. Miles Teller always gives a great performance, best young talent going around atm

The cast, Fox, Trank and Kinberg have all been denying for months that there were any behind the scenes issues and major reshoots.

They have been lying to the public about issues with this movie and now it has blown up in their faces.

While I respect him being frustrated, it is unprofessionalism to do this on opening day, no matter how **** the movie, Fox would br hoping to lose as little money on it as possible, and the director disowning the money on Day 1 doesn't help

Talented as he is, he is definitely never working with Fox again and studios will stay away from a director who sabotages a 125m dollar movie

If he said this like 6 months or an year down the line, it would have been understandable, but now Fox can sue him for monetary damage and they would be right in doing so

Sam Raimi also had studio interference on SM3, but humble that he is, he never mentions it, even now, after 8 years

John Campea on the Collider Movie Talk saying he's heard from very credible sources (sources once again) that in pre production, Fox came in and got rid of 3 GODDAM set pieces to lower the budget.

@Spiderdevil: It's clear that Josh doesn't give a crap now, he's been burned by everyone, he's taking the blame for everything, it just feels like payback time, not like he has anything to lose, he already lost the sequel and the Star Wars spin off.

John Campea on the Collider Movie Talk saying he's heard from very credible sources (sources once again) that in pre production, Fox came in and got rid of 3 GODDAM set pieces to lower the budget.

There was rumours that when Kinberg was brought in it was because the script was considered too expensive, its possible that the cuts happened then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"