Josh Trank Thread

Discussion in 'Fantastic Four World' started by The Overlord, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Flint Marko Bring me Thanos (P)

:hehe:
    I'm listening to that video just posted about the production issues. There's so, so, so many that it's pretty damning hearing them all at once.

2. Willie Lumpkin Trophy Husband

The gestalt is the thing. Over the past year and a half, we would hear something - maybe true, maybe not, who knows. Then we'd hear another thing - maybe true, maybe not, who knows.

But after a while, you've got enough puzzle pieces that you can start to put them together, and this video does a nice job of assembling them logically (while discounting obvious spin).

There's really no way to put all the pieces together in a way that creates a nice picture. You can either get a bad picture or an awful picture, but the pieces simply don't have the components to add up to sunshine and unicorns.

3. RAE072 Samhain

Fascinating, fascinating stuff.

Sad, hilarious stuff.

4. norse_sage Registered

It is pretty amazing to rewatch the video covering the 4Chan incident that went down ages ago, and then this new video covering Comic Con.

None of the claims made on 4Chan have been proven false, but the Otoy guy turned out to be right about the 3D conversion, and as for the Trank impostor's Chronicle claims ... :thud:

If it does turn out that Doom gets his powers the way that was claimed by the Trank impostor, then he was no impostor at all!

Then it was the real Trank that let out some less than flattering things about Kinberg and Vaughn too...

#129 norse_sage, Jul 14, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2015
  5. Ragnaroknroll Registered

Now now guys. You're just being negative. Everything is just peachy keen with Trank.

[​IMG]

6. Ragnaroknroll Registered

Sorry can't help it. That GIF never gets old for me when it comes to this production.

7. Willie Lumpkin Trophy Husband

This is what I thought afterwords. It may be unclear to us if it was or wasn't real, but Kinberg and Vaughn would have known, based on the information, if it was.

And despite some people being very quick to dismiss it, I never saw anything to convince me it couldn't have been him (and I found it oddly suspicious that the handwriting on the real and 'fake' Trank signs looked nearly identical - almost like Trank wanted people to know it really was him).

So what was suspected to be very uncomfortable behind-the-scenes relationships may have been made even more so by that rant.

And even if that specific element was complete BS, I think we have a lot of evidence from a lot of sources that Trank pissed off a lot of people.

And as the video points out, while it seems he made a lot of enemies, he didn't have one single friend willing to back him up.

8. Val_Zod No, I am not Calvin Ellis

I'd be very interested in seeing a documentary detailing the behind the scenes of this film. Seriously. They are the only things that make me comeback here. Much more interested in them than the actual film.

9. superboy13 Farmboy

I just can't wait for the first media outlet to use the "Josh T(r)anks Fantastic Four" headline.

10. <(o_o)> Evangeline Is My Hero!

If Fox wanted to keep the Fantastic Four film rights they should have demanded a better movie either way.

11. Kelly #RESIST

There is now a thread to post problems with characterization, promotion, the movie itself, tv spots and trailers. Post your problems there.

THE FFINO ZONE!

#136 Kelly, Jul 20, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2015
  12. Gabe99 Registered

Deadline:
    Tom Hardy To Play Al Capone In New Movie ‘Fonzo’ From Josh Trank – AFM

13. Willie Lumpkin Trophy Husband

In Trank's version, Capone will be an Irish guy from Texas who moves to San Francisco to open a flower shop.

Hilarity ensues when his shop is over-run by feral cats... but he learns that "cats can be people too" when he falls in love with a flaxen-haired feline beauty named Lucinda.

14. Zarex Registered

We really shouldn't criticize "Ailby Cat-pone: The Golden Gate of Love" until we see it on the big screen.

15. Gold Samurai Registered

Tom Hardy VS Josh Trank.

Trank is going to get wrecked if Tom Hardy is pissed off.

16. Doctor Octopus Registered

Lol I hope that does happen because Trank so immature.

17. Snaaaaake! Registered

IDK....

Fox may take moviegoers giving Trank another chance at directing the same as fans being willing to let Fox do another F4 film.

I say "NAY!" to both. At least until Marvel gets half their stuff back should Trank be able to regain his career.