Josh Trank Thread

Ah, so it's agreed that rumors are only accountable when convenient.

We're making progress people! :bnd:

:hehe:
I'm listening to that video just posted about the production issues. There's so, so, so many that it's pretty damning hearing them all at once.

:hehe:
I'm listening to that video just posted about the production issues. There's so, so, so many that it's pretty damning hearing them all at once.

The gestalt is the thing. Over the past year and a half, we would hear something - maybe true, maybe not, who knows. Then we'd hear another thing - maybe true, maybe not, who knows.

But after a while, you've got enough puzzle pieces that you can start to put them together, and this video does a nice job of assembling them logically (while discounting obvious spin).

There's really no way to put all the pieces together in a way that creates a nice picture. You can either get a bad picture or an awful picture, but the pieces simply don't have the components to add up to sunshine and unicorns.

It will be interesting to see. Since that was the first mention we heard of crystals, basically if there are crystals in this film, the 4Chan ranter probably was Josh Trank.

Fascinating, fascinating stuff.

Sad, hilarious stuff.

Oh wow I completely forgot about Trank mentioning those crystals from Chronicle showing up in Fantfourstic on 4chan. And then what he said at the panel about it being a continuation.

Wow. Just lends even more credence to that person on 4chan being Trank.

It is pretty amazing to rewatch the video covering the 4Chan incident that went down ages ago, and then this new video covering Comic Con.

None of the claims made on 4Chan have been proven false, but the Otoy guy turned out to be right about the 3D conversion, and as for the Trank impostor's Chronicle claims ... :thud:

If it does turn out that Doom gets his powers the way that was claimed by the Trank impostor, then he was no impostor at all!

Then it was the real Trank that let out some less than flattering things about Kinberg and Vaughn too...

Last edited:
Now now guys. You're just being negative. Everything is just peachy keen with Trank.

post-33707-nothing-to-see-here-gif-please-BeZM.gif

Sorry can't help it. That GIF never gets old for me when it comes to this production.

Then it was the real Trank that let out some less than flattering things about Kinberg and Vaughn too...

This is what I thought afterwords. It may be unclear to us if it was or wasn't real, but Kinberg and Vaughn would have known, based on the information, if it was.

And despite some people being very quick to dismiss it, I never saw anything to convince me it couldn't have been him (and I found it oddly suspicious that the handwriting on the real and 'fake' Trank signs looked nearly identical - almost like Trank wanted people to know it really was him).

So what was suspected to be very uncomfortable behind-the-scenes relationships may have been made even more so by that rant.

And even if that specific element was complete BS, I think we have a lot of evidence from a lot of sources that Trank pissed off a lot of people.

And as the video points out, while it seems he made a lot of enemies, he didn't have one single friend willing to back him up.

I'd be very interested in seeing a documentary detailing the behind the scenes of this film. Seriously. They are the only things that make me comeback here. Much more interested in them than the actual film.

I just can't wait for the first media outlet to use the "Josh T(r)anks Fantastic Four" headline.

If Fox wanted to keep the Fantastic Four film rights they should have demanded a better movie either way.

There is now a thread to post problems with characterization, promotion, the movie itself, tv spots and trailers. Post your problems there.

THE FFINO ZONE!

Last edited:
Deadline:
Tom Hardy To Play Al Capone In New Movie ‘Fonzo’ From Josh Trank – AFM

In Trank's version, Capone will be an Irish guy from Texas who moves to San Francisco to open a flower shop.

Hilarity ensues when his shop is over-run by feral cats... but he learns that "cats can be people too" when he falls in love with a flaxen-haired feline beauty named Lucinda.

We really shouldn't criticize "Ailby Cat-pone: The Golden Gate of Love" until we see it on the big screen.

Tom Hardy VS Josh Trank.

Trank is going to get wrecked if Tom Hardy is pissed off.

Deadline:
Tom Hardy To Play Al Capone In New Movie ‘Fonzo’ From Josh Trank – AFM

IDK....

Fox may take moviegoers giving Trank another chance at directing the same as fans being willing to let Fox do another F4 film.

I say "NAY!" to both. At least until Marvel gets half their stuff back should Trank be able to regain his career.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"