I Want To Talk About This New Resident Evil Movie

Joker

Avenger
Reaction score
So, there's a trailer for Resident Evil: Degeneration on the DVD for RE: Extinction. It looks to be in continuity with the games, not the movies, and Leon and Claire (both looking exactly like their video game versions) are in it for sure. It's set 7 years after Racoon City, so it would be after Resident Evil 4, but before the upcoming Resident Evil 5 game, if it is indeed in continuity with them. It looks good. What say you?

Already a thread about it.
And the trailer has been on yahoo for awhile now.
And yeah...
I can't wait for it.:)

I think it should be cool. RE4 made me a fan of RE.

Well I'm not digging through pages to find the thread, and I just saw the trailer, so :p

It's cool.
I posted it in the other thread a long time ago.
And that one went nowhere.

That little trailer is better than all the live action movies put together. I wish they'd make a video game adaptation of this....cause LEON is the best.

Stupid as the other movies were, I won't mind another one as long as it makes good on the horde of Milla Jovoviches.

this looks friggin' dope! I loved the Final Fantasy 7 Advent Children movie so this continuation from RE4 will be a welcome addition for fans...it was perhaps one of the greatest games I've ever played. Right up there with some of the best and last titles from next gen consoles at the end of their run.

I GREATLY enjoyed the RE flicks. But this looks great too :)

The trailer looked pretty cool. Not quite Advent Children quality in terms of animation, but still on par with series expectations. I'm looking forward to this. It should be a good companion to the games, and a breath of fresh air after that awful trash that was the Paul Anderson RE trilogy.

BTW, has anyone else seen the 4D RE movie that was in a few Japanese amusements parks years ago? It was called "Biohazard 4D Executioner" or something like that. It was pretty cool, you can probably find it on Youtube.

That trailer has gotten my attention, being a longtime fan of the Resident Evil mythology (Not including the movies) I was more then happy to see the trailer. Hell, the trailer is better then all three RE movies combined, lol.

Im getting ready to watch the movie in a few,so I'll see what all the fuss is over this new RE movie.
To be honest I lost interest with RE after the second game,did play the 3rd for a few,but lost interest. Played RE4 on nintendo,and thought it was pretty darn good.
I enjoyed the first RE movie,was decent. Second RE movie was kindof a let down,it had potential,but the whole Nemisis stuff was BS,and lame.
RE3 was decent,hopefully it will be one of those movies thats better watching on the tv(find out in a few) than on big screen..

what is 4D?

"4D movies" are an interesting "gimmick show" that they have at some theme parks. At Disney Land, it's "Honey, I Shrunk the Audience!" At Sea World and Busch Gardens, it's "Pirates 4D" (or was, last time I was there). Basically, they sit you in a special auditorium, have you wear 3D glasses, and they you watch a 3D movie, accompanied by a bunch of live-gimmicks to further immerse you into the movie. Like if say, there was a water balloon tossed in the movie, water would actually splash you in the face. Or if there's a hurricane in the movie, you'll feel wind all around you, accompanied by little splashes of water. And if there's a bunch of mice or bugs or whatever, you'll feel something brushing against your feet.

It's no surprise that Resident Evil 4D never came to the US. Not just because most amusement parks are family themed, or even because RE is just a videogame that most park-goers wouldn't know about, but also because it was probably way too intense for most people. Just simple family-fun like Pirates 4D seems a lot more intense with the 3D glasses and live-effects, so one can only imagine how intense it would be to feel zombie guts splattering on you and to feel undead hands brushing against your body during an intense scene.

So, there's a trailer for Resident Evil: Degeneration on the DVD for RE: Extinction. It looks to be in continuity with the games, not the movies, and Leon and Claire (both looking exactly like their video game versions) are in it for sure. It's set 7 years after Racoon City, so it would be after Resident Evil 4, but before the upcoming Resident Evil 5 game, if it is indeed in continuity with them. It looks good. What say you?

Yeah, the Degeneration movie looks awesome. I can't wait. We finally get to see characters from the videogames in their actually states, which is awesome, can't wait for it.

Hopefully this is how they release the movies from now on. I have no problem with CGI.

Looks intresting. It looks like a cutscene from a video game. The last RE movie was decent so ill be checking this out one way or another.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"