Resident Evil 5 - (News, Spoilers, Thoughts and Ideas)

Who was that chick in the purple suit? I thought she was absolutely terrible. I haven't seen acting that bad since Sindel from Mortal Kombat 2.

That was Sienna Guillory playing Jill Valentine.

I don't think I've ever said this about an actress in their 30s almost 40, she looks 18-19 years old. She looked barely older than K-Mart.
Her voice was very young sounding as well, she sounded like a high schooler trying to act out a clearly older role.

Sure she might actually be 39, but she looked and sounded way too young to be a believable Ada Wong that the movie was trying to portray. When I aw her in Forbidden Kingdom I felt she looked like a teenager there too. Had no idea she was much older.
That's those asian genes for ya.

I don't get why Weskey is actually a good guy in this movie. In the last movie he needs Alice and her DNA to perfect his own, as he has the virus inside him also. He stated he needed Alice's DNA to keep his virus permanently under control. Then why doesn't he eat her now? Wesker himself showed his super-strength and speed in the previous movie. He can rid the world of the zombies himself when he has Alice's DNA absorbed. Why suddenly the need to keep Alice alive and even return her stupid superpowers?

Alice is the star of the franchise. There's no way Wesker is eating her and taking over the next film.

I liked the action, that was cool
The story was dull

Honestly, they need to get S.D. Perry involved in writing the stories for a reboot.

I read somewhere Resident Evil six would be the end of this series. So a reboot can't be too far away.

Wasn't there talk about a reboot, but with the same production team and actors?

Wasn't there talk about a reboot, but with the same production team and actors?
:funny:
Most pointless reboot tbh, things will be confusing if that happens

"Wait, what? Now her name is not Alice?"
"Why are they making the T-Virus again?"
"Zombies? Again? I miss the Uroboros"
"She kicks zombie dogs in the face again" (assuming it happens)
"WHAT THE **** IS GOING ON HERE?!"

Alice is the star of the franchise. There's no way Wesker is eating her and taking over the next film.
I had already anticpated that. But the whole thing is so contradicting. In the previous movie Wesker needs Alice to eat her for his control over his own body and mutation. And now he suddenly only needs her to help ged rid of the monsters. He has his superpowers as shown in the previous movies. He can rid of the monsters himself if he eats Alice and gets complete control over his mutation. They should have never teamed up those two. It creates this plothole.

^^
It is Resident Evil, the writing has never been the strong point of the franchise.

:funny:
Most pointless reboot tbh, things will be confusing if that happens

"Wait, what? Now her name is not Alice?"
"Why are they making the T-Virus again?"
"Zombies? Again? I miss the Uroboros"
"She kicks zombie dogs in the face again" (assuming it happens)
"WHAT THE **** IS GOING ON HERE?!"

Yeah I know right?

I saw this movie recently and I'm not gonna talk smack about it but man I really wanna see a proper reboot of this. I remember reading the Romero script many years ago and that could have been such a good movie.

Anyway, the backwards scene in the beginning was actually kinda cool but I hated the damn scene with Alice talking about the past movies. Doesn't she do that in every movie?
I liked the soundtrack though, but it wasn't as good as the one for the fourth movie.

Decided to watch the series again, ended it with this one
Claire and Chris were completely ignored after Alice asking about them early in the movie, no one knows if they are dead or alive, same goes to every one on the Arcadia ship
I had already anticpated that. But the whole thing is so contradicting. In the previous movie Wesker needs Alice to eat her for his control over his own body and mutation. And now he suddenly only needs her to help ged rid of the monsters. He has his superpowers as shown in the previous movies. He can rid of the monsters himself if he eats Alice and gets complete control over his mutation. They should have never teamed up those two. It creates this plothole.
Wesker's plain exploded in the air with him in it in the fourth movie, what's he doing in the fifth?
Luthor West, Leon, and others joining Wesker how and why?
Ada said she's not working for Wesker anymore, and a screen pops out and Wesker gives both women his commands

Poorest movie in the series, wonder if the sixth installment could be a glimpse of any saving grace this series could have

For me the series lost any chance of redemption with the 2nd film

Seriously, this needs a reboot not another outdated sequel that clings on to The Matrix and the early 2000's.

Even if they rebooted these movies, I don't think people would really care at that point. These movies make money sure, but I doubt people will be sikked to see a reboot so soon.

These films have already tainted the franchise too much, i'm actually interested in seeing how worse they can get, last i heard Resident Evil 5 revealed the villain were aliens. I thought Hollywood was more careful about their scripts, and as Paul Anderson was the youngest student to achieve a BA in Film & Literature at his school i wonder how he writes something like this.

Only watched up till 4, heard in the end they had to stop a coming invasion of flying aliens or something like that

Those were just flying Plagas, straight out of Resident Evil 5 the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"