Resident Evil 4?

Isildur´s Heir;12813679 said:
Because that´s the rule #1 rule when making a video game adaptation, to make the audience feell the same as we did playing the game, no matter what game that is.

Silent Hill FTW

silent hill had its moments

Just do a new trilogy with Ali Larter as claire.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=52418

Resident Evil 4 Heading to Tokyo & Alaska
Source: Arrow in the Head
January 29, 2009

Paul W.S. Anderson has completed his script for the fourth installment of the "Resident Evil" series. An insider told Arrow in the Head today that writing will commence on a second draft.

According to the site, a few other things will be happening in quick succession during this time: Right now they're trying to lock Milla Jovovich so she can reprise her role as Alice, then a director (not Anderson) will be sought and casting will begin. As hinted at the end of Resident Evil: Extinction, the story will shift to Tokyo and some shooting will take place in Toronto (to front for Alaska).

Arrow's got the word on the tone of the script and a few other players said to be involved behind the camera - check out their story here!

You know, they already ****ed up the continuity. When I think of Resident Evil 4 I'm thinking of Leon's story arc as a badass FBI agent.

Here's how the films should've went down.

RE- Inside the mansion with Chris, Jill, Rebecca, and Wesker. It'll introduce the Umbrella conspiracy with the zombies.

RE2- Since RE 3 happens before RE2 you can have RE2 be the story where Jill is alone in Raccoon City and being chased around by Nemesis. Introduce Carlos, Nikolai, and Mikhail in the process as the mercenaries employed by Umbrella.

RE3- Introduce Claire and Leon. Start planting the seeds of Claire looking for Chris and dive into the story of William Birkin and his family. We can see the introduction of the Lickers, Mr. X, Ada, and etc.

RE4- This will be the story where Leon is the badass special agent we know from the game. I think this would be the ideal concept mainly due to the fact that you can combine some terrifying horror elements with some realistic, gritty, and violent action. I always found the creatures in RE4 to be more terrifying than the previous ones. The Novistadors, Regenerators, Zealots, Plagas, and Garradors are just screaming to be on the big screen in a faithful depiction.

You know, they already ****ed up the continuity. When I think of Resident Evil 4 I'm thinking of Leon's story arc as a badass FBI agent.

Here's how the films should've went down.

RE- Inside the mansion with Chris, Jill, Rebecca, and Wesker. It'll introduce the Umbrella conspiracy with the zombies.

RE2- Since RE 3 happens before RE2 you can have RE2 be the story where Jill is alone in Raccoon City and being chased around by Nemesis. Introduce Carlos, Nikolai, and Mikhail in the process as the mercenaries employed by Umbrella.

RE3- Introduce Claire and Leon. Start planting the seeds of Claire looking for Chris and dive into the story of William Birkin and his family. We can see the introduction of the Lickers, Mr. X, Ada, and etc.

RE4- This will be the story where Leon is the badass special agent we know from the game. I think this would be the ideal concept mainly due to the fact that you can combine some terrifying horror elements with some realistic, gritty, and violent action. I always found the creatures in RE4 to be more terrifying than the previous ones. The Novistadors, Regenerators, Zealots, Plagas, and Garradors are just screaming to be on the big screen in a faithful depiction.

There is really no need to do a seperate movie for RE2 and 3. With the right cuts to characters roaming aimlessly (while maintaining the narrative) they could very easily be combined into one movie.

I don't want another POS live action Resident Evil movie.

There is really no need to do a seperate movie for RE2 and 3. With the right cuts to characters roaming aimlessly (while maintaining the narrative) they could very easily be combined into one movie.

Why not? You don't want to clutter the story of Jill, Leon, and Claire along with Nemesis and the Umbrella mercenaries. RE2 and RE3 would need to be their own seperate films in order to avoid clutter and lack of character development.

But as a whole I doubt we'll ever get a faithful RE film or even a good one. I still haven't seen Extinction and have no desire to do so either.

man, you guys are so negative. why even come to this forum if you are going to complain about something that is going to happen? the videogames and movies are entirely different creatures, i like them both, but no need to be negative about it

i, for one, was really hoping they'd make a 4th film. after the way 3 ended i couldn't accept that as the conclusion to these movies. i really like all 3, probobly 2 the least, but i still enjoy it enough because its book-ended by 2 superior movies. if they get milla back and maybe pursue the film version of wekser in tokyo, i'd like that very much.

it's also quite intriguing to kno thatthey are bringing patrick tatopalous in for this. he did such an amazing job on the lycans in the underworld movies (especially part 2 and 3) that i wonder if hes being brought in for just zombie effects or if they are trying something new? we've already seen lickers, dogs, nemesis and tyrant...could they be finally be bringing in the almighty hunter? maybe a bandersnatch too? i'll be keeping my eye on this project

man, you guys are so negative. why even come to this forum if you are going to complain about something that is going to happen? the videogames and movies are entirely different creatures, i like them both, but no need to be negative about it

i, for one, was really hoping they'd make a 4th film. after the way 3 ended i couldn't accept that as the conclusion to these movies. i really like all 3, probobly 2 the least, but i still enjoy it enough because its book-ended by 2 superior movies. if they get milla back and maybe pursue the film version of wekser in tokyo, i'd like that very much.

it's also quite intriguing to kno thatthey are bringing patrick tatopalous in for this. he did such an amazing job on the lycans in the underworld movies (especially part 2 and 3) that i wonder if hes being brought in for just zombie effects or if they are trying something new? we've already seen lickers, dogs, nemesis and tyrant...could they be finally be bringing in the almighty hunter? maybe a bandersnatch too? i'll be keeping my eye on this project

We need to see a product actually be portrayed to its complete potential. There's nothing wrong with not being satisfied with a mediocre or horrible final product. You're right to your opinion and I'm not going to put you down or anything, although I do question how you can state that these films are superior films?

Nothing about them(IMO) is superior. Continuity is messed up, characters are changed, concepts are changed, acting is horrible, writing is god awful(thanks Paul), and it just doesn't scream Resident Evil.

Maybe you should play the games more often and see why so many fans are dissatisfied with the product. When I play Resident Evil I don't think of Matrix like moves, CGI zombies, dogs, and crows, I think of a realistic apocalyptic scenario where different zombies, creatures, and etc start coming into the picture and causing chaos.

but what i'm trying to say is that i've played the games, i love the games and i dont' connect the games to the movies whatsoever. the resident evil movies are NOT my favorite movies. theres potential that could have been in them that wasn't reached, but i enjoy them. i believe that if they translated the games into movies it would have been awesome, even though there would have been no surprises. have all the main re games (1,2,3, c:v, 4) and i look forward to resident evil 5. the movies themselves, however, are far better than most in their category of late. the remake of dawn of the dead has been the only other zombie movie that i actually enjoyed besides re. i have pretty high standards, and i kno a piece of garbage when i see it, but i realize that they are forms of entertainment. i like milla, i dont' think paul anderson is AS BAD as most here say, they keep me interested. apocalypse isnt' the greatest movie- i really hated it when i first saw it, but after i saw part 3 i rewatched it and didnt' think it was as bad as i remembered.

everyone is entitled to their opinions. i respect that. i won't trash-talk anybody on here about anything they say. but i will back up my opinion, because its mine. i know a LOT of people dont like these movies, but i can say that for any movie i like. i know people that don't like spider-man, transformers, crank, finding nemo, lord of the rings, harry potter, jay and silent bob, terminator, phantom of the opera and hundreds of other movies that are totally different films (that i like) and what i say about them isnt' entirely going to agree with them.

BUT i do look forward to the next re movie just as much as i do the next re game, full-well knowing that they are TOTALLY different creatures. i've watched and played both, and realistically the only thing they have in common with each other are the names. but i like it that way.

BUT i do look forward to the next re movie just as much as i do the next re game, full-well knowing that they are TOTALLY different creatures. i've watched and played both, and realistically the only thing they have in common with each other are the names. but i like it that way.
Wow, fanboy ranting that makes sense. Who'da thunk it lol. I agree with you man. I'm a huge fan of the games and I also enjoy the movies. They took alot of liberties I wasn't overly pleased with, but all around I was entertained by each film. Oh and I don't understand the hate for Apocalypse. It's my favorite of the group.

This is crazy. I thought every RE movie has been good so far. I have enjoyed everyone.
As for Alice. I frikin love that character.

You guys are acting like this movie is as bad as Pathfinder. Jesus tap dancing christ that movie what horrible.

I agree Alice is an awesome character and I like all 3 films... can't wait to see what they'll do with the 4th

I thought the first resident evil was ok, could've been better but more or less a decent film.

Apocolypse I hated, for me its one of the worst movies i've ever seen. Sorry I just thought it was that bad. The only reason i'd ever watch that film again is to see the actess playing Jill, she was smoking!!

Extinction: I didnt think was as bad as the second but still not that good.

I'd rather them close the door on alice and forget making these movies altogether. Degeneration is an example of how to do the stories and characters justice, not these movies hollywood put out!

Whats funny is that everyone was sure there wouldn't be a 4th one, especially with the CGI film coming out, but I remember reading that ideas for 4 were set up during/right after 3 and everything has come true. It was obvious 4 would come to fruition, it was just a matter of when.

As for the story, I view the films completely separate from the games. Hell I liked the premise from the first film, but I feel they failed to take it a better direction than they did.

thank you for the support

i just think that if paul anderson was more devoted to apocalypse more than avp at the time, we could have gotten a little bit of a better movie. the only gripes i have with it are mainly the "zombie-vison" and the lack of animatronics in the nemesis face. past that i stil like it. i remember when me and a friend saw extinction, at the end he looks at me and said 'i thought this was supposed to be the last one?'. which, honestly, i though it was too, until that end shot of the clones. ever since then i had my fingers crossed for a 4th, and it really seems like its gonna happen. i dont' see any reason why milla wouldn't return either.

anybody have any hopes for what BOW's will appear in this film? i persnally hope that the hunter is finally introduced and is just as important (if not more) than the licker in RE1. i woudlnt' mind a bandersnatch either, if they did it the right way. as for gant versions of animals, etc like in the games- i kinda have my hopes reserved for the gravedigger- but that might be asking for too much.

i was reading up on wikipedia and found it interesting that originally william birkin was going to be in part 2. the guy that plays lucious malfoy in harry potter i guess had an uncredited role in part 1 (?). that would have been cool. always thought that bulging eye was perfect for a movie lol.

Have we forgotten movies don't always follow the game/comic story arc and nor should they. Its two different mediums of entertainment and one doe'snt always translate well for the other....
So, I did'nt expect them to follow the game word for word story for story character for character. The movies were just subpar no matter what they did imo. It was bad acting,bad dialog,bad script imo...Lets face in RE3 u can't and sit there and tell me that Milia/Alice had makeup on in the desert and it did'nt smear:whatever: It made her bad acting even worse,lol...
RE: was okay nothing special a decent story..

RE2: had good potential,but crappy special effects(Nemisis),and lowsy acting/actors..This one they could of made like Dead of the Dawn and it would of been great.

RE3: Just had nothing goin for it. It was okay,but the whole desert crap was terrible. Now if they had some actual nighttime fights and action it might of been different or if they had more scenes in Vegas..The whole Jedi mindtrick stuff was like WTF was that..

RE4: I don't have high hopes for it really,but I'll be a sucker and go see it for sure..Millia can't act but still think shes damn sexy,now if they can get her in some orange hair again:cwink:

Have we forgotten movies don't always follow the game/comic story arc and nor should they. Its two different mediums of entertainment and one doe'snt always translate well for the other....
So, I did'nt expect them to follow the game word for word story for story character for character. The movies were just subpar no matter what they did imo. It was bad acting,bad dialog,bad script imo...Lets face in RE3 u can't and sit there and tell me that Milia/Alice had makeup on in the desert and it did'nt smear:whatever: It made her bad acting even worse,lol...
RE: was okay nothing special a decent story..

RE2: had good potential,but crappy special effects(Nemisis),and lowsy acting/actors..This one they could of made like Dead of the Dawn and it would of been great.

RE3: Just had nothing goin for it. It was okay,but the whole desert crap was terrible. Now if they had some actual nighttime fights and action it might of been different or if they had more scenes in Vegas..The whole Jedi mindtrick stuff was like WTF was that..

RE4: I don't have high hopes for it really,but I'll be a sucker and go see it for sure..Millia can't act but still think shes damn sexy,now if they can get her in some orange hair again:cwink:
Yeah I agree. I hated the whole Alice has super powers things. That just annoyed the **** out of me. Granted I own all of the films and have seen em multiple times, but thats just out of my love of Resident Evil on the whole.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"