Ideas for Man of Steel 2

Superman having a supporting role in Supergirl is the perfect way to introduce a post Cavill Superman. They would be fools not to do it.

Cavill or no Cavill Superman should be in it.

Yeah by having Superman in a Supergirl film it would still be her film but he wouldn't take the focus off of his own cousin in her solo outing but more or less being a supporting character just adds to the starpower of a Supergirl film

And honestly I trust they can do it without pulling the crap they pull in the TV show where they go out of there way at times to make her look better than him. Infact if they're smart they will take a oage out of WW's book, not once did they belittle Steve Trevor to boost Diana. To me if you do stuff like that you're just showing weakness as a writer.

If anyone's read Being Super I would take that as an inspiration but nit an adaptation, have Superman discover her, show a scene or two of him popping in to check on her. Have him come back at the end to give her the old thumbs up.

I wonder if something like Amy Adams or Jesse Eisenberg opting out of a sequel would be more encouragement for WB to soft-reboot or if they'd rather just recast those characters while keeping Cavill, who's still the Superman who exists alongside Gal's WW and Jason's Aquaman. It would suck to have to mold storylines around the absence of key actors.

One thing that would be a tall order to replace is the S symbol. Snyder's S symbol is a damn fine design and it'd be easy for something different to be seen as a downgrade. I do like Brohawk's design from the art he posts on Deviantart. It's spikier and a bit more "playful", maybe too much by some standards. But pretty great.

APCTE5L.jpg
BkKHTFU.jpg

DC Icon Superman
Super Sketch

Thing is, if the s shield was 2 d, it would like indentical to MOS in terms of lines/patterns on the s. The negative space hides the chests actual definition and would just look wrong, unless it was a moulded plate similar to a knight/gladiator chest plate.

Cavill or no Cavill Superman should be in it.

And honestly I trust they can do it without pulling the crap they pull in the TV show where they go out of there way at times to make her look better than him. Infact if they're smart they will take a oage out of WW's book, not once did they belittle Steve Trevor to boost Diana. To me if you do stuff like that you're just showing weakness as a writer.

If anyone's read Being Super I would take that as an inspiration but nit an adaptation, have Superman discover her, show a scene or two of him popping in to check on her. Have him come back at the end to give her the old thumbs up.

Yeah Supergirl can of course fight the villain herself in her own solo film but Superman of course can help her by providing backup should she need it

I'd skip the origin story. Show it in the opening credits like the animated series.
This superman ( the film is set in the 1950's ) has been on the job for 6-8 years and he has pretty much seen it all, ie, Lex, Lex building metallo, creating bizarro. Etc.
Lex is a tycoon/mad scientist, played by Bryan Cranston.
Clark has his DP job, in a time when newspapers and reporting actually meant something.
He is 100% the educated farmboy as Clark, and 100% the boyscout as superman, no emo, no wishing I was normal attitude here. He loves his powers and helping people.
Brainiac is the villain, played by hugo weaving.
Imagine a Brainiac that even by 2018 standards would be far superior to us.

Eh, the more I think about it, given WB's current apparent lack of desire to do ANYTHING with Superman on the movie front, I find myself leaning toward taking advantage of that to build toward a soft reboot with a new cast...using a trilogy of stand-alones based on his supporting characters:

1st movie: Steel, set after BvS when Superman is dead, with John Henry Irons as a member of the Army's reverse-engineering team assigned to the Scout Ship; an armor suit made of an Earth-based Liquid Geo analogue Irons has created; Metallo as a secondary villain, an Iraq War veteran crippled during Black Zero who's subjected to a much more unstable Liquid Geo analogue created after Irons quits the project; the Eradicator as the main villain, an A.I. encoded in Zod's Command Key programmed to complete his General's mission by any means, at any cost; and Sam Lane as the overarcing character of the trilogy, a sort of anti-Nick Fury who believes humankind shouldn't be looking to gods and monsters for help because we don't know when they'll turn on us.

2nd movie: Supergirl, set during JL when Superman is dead and/or amnesiac, canonizing the MOS prequel comic with Kara Zor-El living as an amnesiac herself in a halfway-house in a northern Canada mountain town (after fishermen found her newly-thawed body adrift and afloat not long after Black Zero); her powers just now manifesting after being stunted by a hundred-thousand-year nap in the ice as the town is besieged by a stray group of Parademons; and the entire affair drawing the attention of not only Lane, but also an intelligence who's been keyed into our satellites and Internet since they first came online, one kept alive through the ages by bionic components, one who has kept endless watch from the stars for any sign of his long-lost daughter's Scout Ship...yep, Cyborg Superman by way of The New 52, a.k.a. Zor-El.

3rd movie: Superboy (Conner), set about four years after JL but located mostly in space, with the first 15 or so minutes focusing on the top-secret efforts of CADMUS, reluctantly supervised by Lane, to create a programmable Superman clone via their own version of the Genesis Chamber; Mongul as the big bad, hiring Lobo to go to Earth to "collect" Superman as a new "recruit" for Warworld, and Lobo instead chasing the escaped teenage clone because Lobo doesn't pay enough attention to what goes on on Earth to know Superman's a grown adult; Mongul getting ticked off as a result and hunting both of them, with Conner bonding with one of Mongul's security dogs, a cloned Kryptonian wolf-hound *koff*Krypto*koff*; and, following on the endings of Steel and Supergirl, Kara showing up halfway through the picture in the Scout Ship as a surprise (especially for her) rescuer.

And THEN, and ONLY then...

4th movie: Superman: Rebirth, based on what its title infers - the first two Superman arcs of DC's Rebirth event (with a dash of "Revenge" from later on tossed in) - a new Clark and a new Lois, a full 10 years on from JL married with a preteen boy of their own whose powers are kicking in. Three-act structure a la Superman: The Movie - the first act focuses on Clark's efforts to protect Metropolis AND his family from a second, CADMUS-made Doomsday with nary a Kryptonite spear in sight; the second act, Clark helping Jon cope with his powers after the boy's first use of them ends in disaster, while Lois investigates just what the hell would possess (hint, hint) CADMUS to create another Doomsday (a task made more difficult by the fact that Doomsday II slew the entire team present to oversee his creation, not to mention her own dad's general lack of cooperation); and the third act, of course - showdown at the Scout Ship/Fortress (once again crashed in the Arctic following the events of Superboy) against the Eradicator, who's revealed to be working on behalf of Faora, whom he intends to release from the Phantom Zone to avenge Zod and complete his mission (and who it turns out was able to influence CADMUS' techs to create Doomsday II from within the Zone) with the aid of Zor-El and the "recruited" Mongul and Metallo, having sent the Justice League on a goose chase that will effectively prevent them from appearing in the movie...leading to the rallying of the entire Super-Family up to this point: Clark, Lois (in an improved Mech Batsuit - a wedding gift of sorts from Bruce), Jon, Irons, Kara, Conner and Krypto.

Yes, yes, I know this means there's two Superboys - to that I say, "Martha"! :p

More seriously, though, I would actually avoid having Superman appear prior to Rebirth, partially to get enough distance from what came before so as to better facilitate the re-casting of the character, and partially to make his ultimate return to screens an EVENT deserving of its own movie instead of a just a measly cameo in somebody else's (which is also why the first three stories are set in the timeline that they are). Also, switching the background antagonist to Sam Lane helps get away from Luthor and creates a more personal source of conflict for Clark and Lois, as does setting up a live-action version of the Rebirth-era Revenge Squad with the end purpose of re-introducing Faora - it'd be the REAL payoff of the Necksnap, a consequence that would come back to bite Clark in the ^$$ in a way that Doomsday, or frankly ANY other Superman villain, never could (in fact, I'm not so sure I wouldn't swap out Corben for Braverman as Metallo, since he was already in MOS and that'd be one less Kryptonite-powered villain to fall back on). From there, then, I'd focus on Superman without any larger regard to the DCEU in general.

Last edited:
I had this random thought - what if it’s present day and Superman was a thing - but back in 1938. He is this crazy urban legend - that time has kinda made into a myth - sure there are pictures and recordings and witness accounts but after the war history kinda rewrote itself and he was ‘made’ to be forgotten, sure government files are on him similar to Roswell but no one alive then is alive now - also he just vanished one day... no one knows where or why. Some say he was propaganda, a publicity stunt for the local circus... so obviously he was real and life now is kind of alternate - it has made heroes step up from the shadows - the Batman protects Gotham, the flash is causing a stir over at central city and talk of green space men with rings orbiting the earth...
They know this superman existed - government files aren’t hard to hack and Barry wants to know more.. he steps into the speed force and appears in 1938 - only for it to go wrong and instead of observing he pulls Clark out of his time line and into ours!
That explains why he suddenly vanished in 1938 and Clark Kent of the newspaper ‘the daily star’ too!
What we see is Clark Kent/Superman coming to terms with being a living legend/relic of a golden era in a time that never needed him more... I just had fun with this idea in my head - sure it’s similar to Capt America but just a cool way to make Clark act and look a certain way and be plausible.
Also... side note - I was thinking realistically what kinda woman would be able to handle dating superman, a humanoid alien, that is hiding in plain site and I figured that Lois in my mind for this to work herself needed to be a bit quirky - not so much ‘the shape of water’ but I figured an actress like Zoey Deschanel, Anne Kendrick, Aubrey Plaza could and they do... play those kinda off the cuff girls with something hidden - does this make sense - obviously this is just me thinking whilst driving home but I am kinda leaning towards Lois being older than Clark - only a few years and she is so wrapped up in work that she is out of touch with the real world in regards to dating etc and she really does obsess over superman but because she can’t see superman in Clark, nothing ever more happens and that tension is great comic relief but also adds a bit of depth and emotion - Clark likes her she likes ‘him’ they are so close but it’s just not clicking as the clogs aren’t lining up!!

I actually like the idea of a movie predominantly set in space on a satellite/station - a cadmus operated vessel, top secret and hidden in space - almost like Alien but the hero is a clone superman - Suberboy or..... the girl from krypton 18,000 years ago has been kept in stasis ever since the ship was discovered in the 60's as they don't know what to do with her, besides tests etc. Maybe there was so much more on the scout ship that CADMUS/FBI took and it's all up there and from that they were able to create AI, internet etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"