Ideas for Man of Steel 2

Discussion in 'Upcoming Superman Solo Movie' started by BH/HHH, Jan 5, 2016.

1. Nemeres Easy, miss. I've got you.

I wonder if something like Amy Adams or Jesse Eisenberg opting out of a sequel would be more encouragement for WB to soft-reboot or if they'd rather just recast those characters while keeping Cavill, who's still the Superman who exists alongside Gal's WW and Jason's Aquaman. It would suck to have to mold storylines around the absence of key actors.

One thing that would be a tall order to replace is the S symbol. Snyder's S symbol is a damn fine design and it'd be easy for something different to be seen as a downgrade. I do like Brohawk's design from the art he posts on Deviantart. It's spikier and a bit more "playful", maybe too much by some standards. But pretty great.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    https://www.deviantart.com/brohawk/art/DC-Icon-Superman-59436511
    https://www.deviantart.com/brohawk/art/Super-Sketch-101954474

Vaibow likes this.
  2. Boy Scout Registered

This is a freaking fantastic post.

3. BH/HHH You Are My World

We definitely need a Metropolis focused story and I also agree we need a Superman whose treated as a superhero as opposed to a demi god. I think the threat needs to be less on a global level though. I’d go with Luthor using Metallo and the Parasite against Superman.

Also bring in Jimmy Olsen he can certainly help freshen up the cast if the other supporting actors are sticking around.

4. DerekLake Build a better world

Don’t get me wrong, I think it’s inevitable that the Superman character has some of those loftier overtones, but I think one consequence of the Snyder/Donner approach (by that, I mean Superman as the nearly omnipresent, superpowered savior) is that it tends to define Superman primarily by his physical attributes and through a God/man paradigm (in which he has to struggle between divine and human natures) rather than squarely on the sort of person he is and the actions he takes in pursuit of his broader motivation to uphold justice, defend the helpless, and help people bring about a better future. I think those themes (and how they agent played out in the progress-driven Metropolis) are what actually set Superman apart from other heroes who share some of his same strength and speed and flight or embody the general altruistic first responder mindset that most heroes possess.

While I would have liked to see Luthor back for a Superman film, I think the version that works best is the one who is a legitimate businessman (in the eyes of the public). And since Luthor is clearly going down the post-Byrnes ex-businessman/criminal mastermind route with the Injustice Society/Legion of Doom, I think it’d be better to reserve him for a grand comeback in a potential JL 2 and instead bring in another businessman who can perhaps embody Lex’s traditional rivalry with Superman over influence over Metropolis (just my opinion).

I do think city-level stakes would be great, only because I believe those provide a better opportunity to truly explore the Superman character. That said, I’d also rather see a threat directed at the people of Metropolis (or some subset of them) and not solely a threat directed at Superman, which is what we got in BvS and how the threat was largely presented in MOS (until the third act).

5. Binker Registered

Michael Rosenbaum as Jimmy Olsen, based on the Earth One version.

6. Boy Scout Registered

Yikes, what a downgrade.

7. T-Ray Registered

I wasn't able to find "Fan Art" tread, so I'll put this here...

[​IMG]

My take on possible live action version of the Parasite. I didn't want to overdo it and I wanted to keep him look sleek and "wormy". His body should be all muscle, but feel transparent and weird with grainy fluke-like texture. His organs are not human anymore and his skin is transparent, wrinkly and veiny. The bluish-white markings are cartilage-like tissue. His body is in constant flux, depending how well fed he is, e.g. how much and what kind of energy he has absorbed.

And the story...
    There were rumors that beneath all the good work Cadmus Laboratories have done there are something far weirder going on. Experiments with alien DNA, half-human hybrids, metahuman soldiers and all sorts of other conspiracies, depending which media are trying to report on it. Set up by Luthor, Rudy Jones was the perfect candidate to infiltrate Cadmus facilities. He was an asocial thug with almost no past, spending most of his life doing low paying menial jobs. He wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed, no regular friends, no immediate family, no interested cousins, nobody was worried about poor, old Rudy Jones. He was nobody, nothing. He got the job as a janitor, he was working as he always did, disinterested about anything. He didn't know all was a setup, he wasn't aware that he was a pion. A walking plausible deniability. When the plan was put to motion, the "accident" was arranged and Rudy got changed. After a week or so of painful mutation, his body was able to absorb and store energy of other living beings. Firstly, he "fed" on stray dogs, and as time went by, he got a taste of people. And then, he realized, not only was he able to absorb the strength and life energy, but also intelligence. And then, he realized that, all this time of his transformation, he was being watched. He realized that he was just a guinea pig. He went back to Cadmus, massacred people, killed scientists, fulfilling his vengeance. This attracted the Man of Steel and it was the turning point for poor, old Rudy Jones. He tasted Kryptonian strength, he realized that he is not just a failed mutant experiment but that he could be a god. As far as Rudy was considered, he killed people responsible for his fate, he accepted his gift, he relished the fact that he become a major player. As for Luthor.. Well, he was never there, his name is in no way traceable to Rudy.. He didn't get the sample he wanted, but he got something way, way better...

And the older try from a few years ago...

[​IMG]

Rorschach2012, Vaibow and BH/HHH like this.
  8. Tg11 Registered

Superman: Man of Tomorrow

This would be an adaption of the Superman: Brainiac comic story-arc which was previously adapted to the animated movie Superman: Unbound. The movie will start with scenes at the Daily Planet, like in the comic. Banter between Clark, Lois and his co-workers. It's Mother's Day and Superman is flying across the cosmos to find exotic flowers for his mom. Superman flies through space and hears cries of an alien civilization. He goes to help but by the time he gets there it's too late. A crater is where a city should be. Superman wants to investigate but has to take the flowers to his mom. But first he has to stop at Metropolis to change out of his Suerpman suit and into normal clothes. While Clark is in Kansas with his mom Brainiac shrinks and steals Metropolis. Superman hears about it on the news and again is too late and see the crater. He flies up into space and sees Brainiac's ship. Superman will encounter Brainiac on his ship. Brainiac is cold and calculating. He sees Superman as a small problem. Brainiac will use whatever body he thinks is best for the task at had. Brainiac will detect he is Kryptonian and place him into the shrunken city of Kandor. The city has an artificial red Krypton-like sun which stops Superman from having powers. There he will meet Kara Zor-El, his cousin. She is a scientist, like Jor-El. All of the residents have been trapped in a special state where they cannot age and are constantly being experimented on. You see that other people have been made to cyborgs. Most died in the process but Kara's father survived Bariniac's cyborg implants with the help of Kara's scientific knowledge. Superman tells Kara about the yellow sun and how it gives him power. They create suits that shield them from red solar radiation and provide Earth-like solar radiation. They bust out of the city. Enlarge themselves and defeat Brainiac together. Superman tells Kara that a population as large as Kandor, all super-powered, on Earth could lead to unknown dangers. He tells Kara how Zod and his soldiers almost brought the destruction of Earth. They use the suits they made to find planets for all the stolen cities. Looking for conditions similar to each city's homeworld. One city will have pale, wrinkly-looking aliens, like Bizarro, and the new planet they inhabit will be a square planet. The aliens love Superman and one of them even creates a costume just like his and shows Superman. Clark makes an exception for Kara to stay on Earth. Using Kara's knowledge of science and engineering they build the Fortress of Solitude together.

9. Aurakles Registered

An interesting route might be a CADMUS type story. Ever since the Kryptonian invasion, the US has been researching the ship, Zod and then Doomsday. Steppenwolfs invasion and the emergence of the JL convinces them that Amada Waller was right, metahumans are the future. They decide to try to make their own Superman, but they aren't the only ones. Other countries are doing the same. With material they bought from Luthor, Russia also tries to make a Superman.
    The result is Bizarro and Cyborg Superman, ready to fight each other for their respect countries, and possibly lay waste to the planet in the process. A new cold war with monsters instead of missiles, and Superman trying to keep the peace.
    All the while Luthor stokes tensions, both nations are eager for his help as no-one understands Kryptonians like he does. Losing Luthors input would mean falling behind in this new arms race. Lex can name his own terms, allowing him to play both sides against each other and build in weaknesses only he knows about.
    Luthors ultimate plan is to have the monsters destroy Superman and devastate the world before he steps forward to defeat them and become the Earths saviour, then it's dictator.
    The film could start with Superman dealing with an early model clone that got out of control during testing, which sparks Lois and Clarks investigation into CADMUS.
    Superman would save the day not by beating Cyborg Superman and Bizarro in a fight, but by convincing the leaders of the US and Russia not to use them.

#234 Aurakles, Sep 6, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2018
  10. Tg11 Registered

I really like this idea...love it and I would definitely pay money to watch this as a DCEU film

Mid credits or post credits you could introduce Supergirl

Aurakles likes this.
  11. Rijowhite Registered

If Cavill's gone then use his last appearance to kill this version of Superman off again...maybe the Motherbox overpowered him? Then I suppose Earth would be calling out for a new Supes like hero, leading to Supergirl...

Then you could reboot Superman for 2024 within a whole new DC Universe.

I never wanted it to come to this...

12. B [insert witty comment]

In all honesty, I realise that the DCEU hasn't been everyone's cup of tea based on what's went on thus far, but I think it would be a damn shame if they were even thinking of rebooting this universe with the likes of Aquaman, Shazam, Wonder Woman 1984 & The Batman very much in various stages of production.

For me WB should now be doing, what should have been done after Man of Steel, focus on solo films for their 'star' characters that are all connected via the same universe without forcing it down peoples throats that this is the case. Essentially soft reboots, similar to the way Thor Ragnarok was a soft reboot.

sf2 and Flash525 like this.
  13. Jericholyte Registered

I’ve started to think recently that Superman, in a lot of ways is like the Hulk, in that with CGI being what it is, they are too easily tempted to overpower them and so they become unrelateable.

My idea, kind of a reboot, would be to have Superman, as Clark, being a freelance journalist, often working for The Daily Planet. He uses his abilities as Superman to crack stories that others can’t, leading to rofessional envy from Lois.

This can lead to Lois investigating how Clark gets these stories, his evidence, his source, all the while building a rapport and eventually a relationship with him.

At the same time we could have the ‘President Luthor’ story where Lex is running a campaign, promising to crack down on ‘Vigilante Journalism’ and targeting the likes of Clark. We then find the technology Lex has at his disposal is either because of, or leads to Brainiacand a showdown against Superman.

I’m sure others can add more meat to this but the idea would be to push the action to the background and concentrate on the intellect of Superman, with only occasional outbursts of physicality. Have it be very much the ‘All the President’s Men’ of the superhero genre.

14. Tg11 Registered

I would definitely like this for a Superman film

15. Sorath Registered

The problem with that idea is this first we don't really know how good Aquaman or Shazam will actually be. I mean lets face it most of the DC films have had great trailers but the films where not all that great. Wonder-Women 1984 will be good I have no doubt. The Batman is not going to happen at least not with Ben. At some point I think it's going to come out that Ben is dropping out of the role.

The problem with doing a soft reboot is it won't work. Their to much damage to DCMU for a soft reboot to work. The DCMU foundation is very weak and not enough to really work with and take to long to fix it and even if they do DCMU will always be tainted. So right now their best chance is to drop the universe all together step away from it for a few years then come back sit down come up with a game plan and go from their. When they do they need to start with Superman work on individual characters and take their time.

16. unholyrevenger DC is Doomed by its fans

Nah soft reboot is fine. The "damage" is only too great with bigoted fan boys. The GA never gives up hope and is open more open minded
    And even if they did a hard reboot Superman and Batman stand alone should be Absolutely be avoided. They should be used as the Nick Fury Glue. MoS and BvS proved that the "fans" don't understand basic filmaking and character arcs and that before he can become the Superman people want he has to go through some **** and struggle.

17. Flash525 The Scarlet Messenger

I'm pretty sure Aquaman & Shazam - and even WW84 for that matter will be successful. I don't think there's any particular need to wipe the slate clean with regard to Superman (or Batman) and the DCEU either.

Apparently Aquaman & Shazam aren't going to focus too heavily (if at all) on the events of JL, and the previous WW film only had a reference to Bruce Wayne (we never saw Batman or Affleck in it). There's no reason why Aquaman, Shazam and Wonder Woman couldn't be inserted into a completely new continuity and continue to thrive.

We could still have a scene in a Batman film where he helps Diana out with that photo, we could have references to Batman and Superman in Aquaman and Shazam providing specific details are left out. It's definitely salvageable if DC/WB want to start those two characters off again whilst maintaining the DCEU.

The only film that may need a rework (which we may yet get depending on how they're going to go about it) is Suicide Squad.

18. sf2 Registered

if anyone is still interested to read a good story for MOS 2. I have written one, called MOS 2: HOPE LIVES. it is about why superman is the greatest superhero of all. it is Superman vs Brainiac, Lex Luthor, General Sam and... Supergirl.

The English is a bit poor though. comments and feedback are welcomed.

19. sf2 Registered

MOS 2: Hope Lives

Glimpse 01 Supergirl

A gentle voice suddenly pops in.

VOICE
    (softly)
    Kal-El, is that you?

Superman turns and sees a lady stands at the end of the hallway. She wears a white gown with a familiar “S” on her chest and she is as pretty as an angel is. She looks familiar to Superman.

SUPERMAN
    Who are you?

ANOTHER VOICE
    She is your cousin, TARA-EL

Superman holds his fists tightly when he sees Brainiac coming out from a side door of the hallway.

TARA-EL
    Kal-El, please don’t do anything rash. I think there is a misunderstanding between you and Brainiac.

SUPERMAN
    (stares angrily at Brainiac)
    Then I should assume that the six robots’ attack just now was just a warm welcome.

TARA-EL
    Brainiac is only testing your strength, if you’re really for the task.

SUPERMAN
    I will not perform any task for him.
    I don’t know him.

TARA-EL
    He is a guardian of the galaxy, taking care of the endangered species of the universe.
    He saved me from our planet catastrophe just as your father did it to you.

SUPERMAN
    Why should I believe you?

TARA-EL
    We are cousins.
    (honestly)
    Kal-El, I’m glad to see you.

She gives him a warm embrace. Superman seems confused.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

#244 sf2, Oct 31, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2018
    Vaibow likes this.
  20. BH/HHH You Are My World

Dude I absolutely love this, my idea for a Superman film is Superman vs Parasite & Metallo with Lex pulling the strings. One thing in my head I've struggled with is just how exactly to do Rudy Jones and you've nailed it. The design, the idea behind the story of how he gets his powers. Just fantastic.

#245 BH/HHH, Dec 15, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2018
    T-Ray and Vaibow like this.
  21. Vaibow Registered

Mate, this is very good, it's a good idea, however, people will draw comparison's to Venom - which is unfair - i actually get an x files vibe, a dark, twisted story and it can be handled with respect and not come across as camp, cheesy or predictable - soo good work.

Honestly, this is just my two cents, i would love Supergirl to be raised in Korea, k pop has such a distinct energy, look and tone that i feel could translate so well to supergirl.

almost like an analgamation of Red son and flashpoint, where she lands and is instantly protected, studied and weaponised/propaganda, but in a real fun, patriotic, not at all in your face opposition - think like, the tourism board down in korea have this youthful, woman like alien that everyone just worships and buys into - i could totally see how she would suit that style and come across as natural.

T-Ray likes this.
  22. Tg11 Registered

Supergirl being introduced in MOS2 but as a side character for now building her up within the DCEU so that one day she could have her own franchise like think Black Widow when they first introduced her into the MCU in Iron Man 2; Kara being introduced in the same way more or less as a side character and then having her cameo in other films too would be another way to further build her up as well

23. BH/HHH You Are My World

I'd have saved her for the third film myself but it seems like her movie will be made before any Superman mobie is unfortunately. Although just because they've hired a writer doesn't mean that will come to fruition. I just hope if the Supergirl mobie is next they don't miss the opportunity and actually have Superman have some part in the film.

24. Rorschach2012 Batman is my Dad

Superman having a supporting role in Supergirl is the perfect way to introduce a post Cavill Superman. They would be fools not to do it.

Tg11 likes this.
  25. Tg11 Registered

Yeah by having Superman in a Supergirl film it would still be her film but he wouldn't take the focus off of his own cousin in her solo outing but more or less being a supporting character just adds to the starpower of a Supergirl film