Plot Ideas you could run with for Man of Steel 2

I want an Idris Elba as Bloodsport cameo

This, definitely this. Though, post-TSS or flashback? I lean to the latter, so that Superman can do Superman-y stuff like asking Bloodsport how things are going with his daughter, wishing him the best in his new quasi-hero life, and otherwise showing that he's chill with the guy and doesn't hold a grudge over being sent to the ICU at all.

Matthew Vaughn wanted to direct a Cavill lead Superman film
“I was desperate to do a Superman film. Desperate. “I pitched a big Superman movie before they made Man of Steel. I just got to work with Henry Cavil again, which was lovely, on Argylle and he’s unbelievable in it. I still think there’s room for a new Superman film, but a proper Superman film. A colorful, fun Superman movie. Not a dark one.” I loved the [Richard] Donner Superman movie, and I think Wonder Woman worked because, I think, Wonder Woman was basically remaking [Donner’s] Superman in a weird way. Yeah, I love Superman.”

Vaughn has worked with Cavill twice (Stardust and Agylle).

I'd argue that the best villains they could use are Conduit and Brainiac.

Conduit if it's Superman alone since he's Superman's most personal enemy. He was teased in Man of Steel 1 and also has a really cool look which will translate well to film. He's Clark's old rival who seeks to prove himself since his entire life was a tragedy.

Brainiac if it's a Superman and Black Adam team-up since Brainac can tempt Clark with the Bottle City of Kandor and have it be Adam who has to keep Clark on the straight and narrow and bring him back to save the day since Clark would want to live with the other Kyryptonians while Earth burns. Adam lacks any connection to Krypton which puts him in the role of the good cop while Clark becomes the bad cop. I also like the idea of an alien AI in a cool-looking Skullship with skeleton robots as his army.

IMO, save Livewire and Silver Banshee for Sasha Calle's Supergirl. Save Lobo for Black Adam.

Man of Steel 2: Superman vs. Superman Revenge Squad (Metallo, Parasite, & Livewire led by Gen. Lane)

Supergirl:
Brainiac (ft. Superman)

Surely using Braniac for Supergirl and not Superman would be a breach of faith with the fans? We’ve been asking for Braniac in a Superman film since the 80s.

Not sure if the Flash film recons everything,
I assume it does, so......

The film opens with a quick comic book style montage. It's partial comic art and partial live action. It's in motion, but moves slowly.

We see several villains from superman's past, and present, as each page turns.
Lex, Metallo, parasite, etc.
A voiceover explains it all.

The pages stop turning.

It transitions to live action.
We see a beautiful sunrise. A farm is down below.
We see Clark kent on the farm. The real Clark.

He is in a T-shirt with no glasses.
He's carrying a tractor over his head with one hand as easily as we would a empty shoebox.

He holds it up while Jonathan patches a tire.
Jonathan - you know, your mom and I sure do like that Lois lane son. You should invite her over for supper one night.

Clark gives an aww shucks smile and says maybe.

We then see him in metropolis at the DP.

He, Lois, and jimmy are discussing lex Luther's latest scheme and how he always seems to get away from justice.

Money and power will get you anything Lois quips.
Clark - Justice will find him one day lois..
Lois - you sound just like superman. You're both naive.
Jimmy - laughs.

We then see Clark with a blank look on his face.
We still hear Jimmy and Lois in the background, but their voices fade off.

Clark cocks his head slightly, listening.
He/we hear an explosion and several screams off in the distance.

Clark feigns being sick and rushes off holding his hand over his mouth.

Lois and Jimmy look at each other and shrug.

Clark enters a empty room and removes his glasses.
We hear the superman theme start.

We see the classic shirt rip..
superman rushes out a nearby window and rockers up, heading for a falling passenger jet..

The people onboard the crashing jumbo jet see Superman rushing up toward them and breath a sigh of relief.
Thank Gods and cheers are heard throughout.

Superman reaches for the plane, it's just inches away and................................

He disappears into a blinding light.

The plane continues downward and crashes, exploding into huge fireball.
All onboard die.

Superman reappears onboard a strange craft, still in mid flight, still reaching for the plane.
He falls to the floor, powerless.

Greetings kryptonian. I am Brainiac.

Superman looks over and sees soulless red eyes staring at him.
It has a strange design on it's forehead. Three dots that form a triangle.

Several dozen copies of Brainiac are standing nearby, they do their masters bidding.

What have you done? Where am I?? screams superman.

What was necessary, and you are onboard my ship answers the android.
I needed you to appear.

Crashing the primitive craft served its purpose.
And so Here you are.

Superman is locked into a strange looking cage by the copies of Brainiac, it looks similar to glass but it's not. He tries to fight but he is powerless against them.
The Cafe is harder than the hardest known substance.

Brainiac stands before what must be the ships controls.

Red sunlight baths superman from above, keeping him powerless, But that doesn't stop him from trying.
He punches on the walls with his fists until his hands bleed.

Brainiac glances over at him. Futile, he muses, And turns back to his control board.

The ships engines starts up.

Where are we going? Asks Superman angrily.
Why, to warworld of course, answers Brainiac as if superman should have known.

We see a giant skull shaped ship from the outside, with what looks like tentacles hanging down.

They retract into the ship..

It then blasts off and disappears into hyper space.

Last edited:
Surely using Braniac for Supergirl and not Superman would be a breach of faith with the fans? We’ve been asking for Braniac in a Superman film since the 80s.

Brainiac (and Brainiac 5) are both so intrinsically involved in Kara’s story and character arc though; they’d be great to feature in a Supergirl film. Superman would still be a supporting character, of course, but maybe he’s miniaturized in Kandor throughout the film and reconnecting with his Kryptonian heritage (depowered under a red sun facsimile). He ends up leading the other trapped Kryptonians (including his uncle and aunt, i.e. Kara’s parents) in a revolt against the Brainaic robots that are keeping them in-check.

Meanwhile Kara is, for the first time, stepping out from her cousin’s shadow to save Metropolis and the world.

A solo Superman film could then instead feature him faxing off against any of his other Earth-based threats.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"