BvS IF Christian Bale returns as Batman...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive let go of this Bale thing a few months ago. But when a rumor like this starts up, I cant help myself. I don't believe this rumor is false, I believe in ElMayimbe. But I do however think (like he's said) that if theyre back in talks and Bale finally says no then ill once again move on. Id be more than happy to continue fancasting the new Batman and get excited for a new version.

They start filming this bad boy in Toronto I hear, I live closeby. Im gonna check that out and be super excited no matter who's playing Batman, unless it's a guy who cant act. BUT don't ignore the power 50 million dollars has. Don't ignore that Bale may be interested since Nolan/Goyer are involved and Amy Adams, Russell Crowe are in this universe...actors who he has worked with in the past. Don't be surprised if this whole Dark Knight RETURNS thing is actually meant to bring the veteran Bale/Bats back into the game.

It makes sense to me if Bale returns AND if they reboot.

One thing though...if they go with an older, returning Batman (Bale or not), doesn't that completely contradict what Goyer said about Superman being the first superhero to emerge in this world?

Not that I'd mind that. I find it kind of lame to think Bruce Wayne needed inspiration from an alien to start wearing a cape.

One thing though...if they go with an older, returning Batman (Bale or not), doesn't that completely contradict what Goyer said about Superman being the first superhero to emerge in this world?

Not that I'd mind that. I find it kind of lame to think Bruce Wayne needed inspiration from an alien to start wearing a cape.

Superman could have been the first superhero to emerge, doesn't mean that Batman couldn't have been operating for a few months in the shadows.

Yeah absolutely. But Goyer could just say "that was what we were going to do because we couldn't get Bale but we found a way to continue the story and get Bale back".

I don't really think Bale is returning. I think WB are probably trying to get a deal done this summer before it's too late because Goyer just started writing, he'll need to know very soon which Batman he's writing for. But no decision would surprise me at this point.

Or Goyer could try covering it up by saying "Well Superman is the first superpowered being"

Dark Knight take place in 2008, the Dark Knight Rises 8 years later in 2016. Man of Steel in 2009. While Wayne is being a recluse what he is really doing is investigating Superman in Metropolis, Wayne Industries is cleaning up the damage from Zod, he's running things up in the watch tower in space, and other JL stuff. That can cover a few movies. And you can have your Bale Batman.

Solves a few things:
Doesn't need to come out of retirement a second time
He Batmans a little more than we thought, which was a complaint about the last movies. It's also why he is so injured in the Dark Knight Rises. Also Bruce is just going to sit around 8 years? Come on.

Last edited:
Wtf Bale might come back again? I'm so tired of getting jerked around on Batman news, I don't know what to believe.I'm ready for a reboot, but if they plan on bringing back Bale, will he return for solo films? And ugh, I hope they find a way to get rid of John Blake, or at least a way to make his name Dick Grayson

I would be so down for Bale to return before I saw the end of TDKR.

MOS is something they can bend in terms of timeline. Im sure it would take place after Rises.

Wtf Bale might come back again? I'm so tired of getting jerked around on Batman news, I don't know what to believe.I'm ready for a reboot, but if they plan on bringing back Bale, will he return for solo films? And ugh, I hope they find a way to get rid of John Blake, or at least a way to make his name Dick Grayson
Keep thinking it's a reboot. It's just a rumor that Bale might be back in the loop. Idoubt he would return for solos. I think they would leave him out or do a cameo, that's it for JGL.

My god if World's Finest ends up being John Blake and Superman........ I don't even know. That would seriously shatter the dreams I've had since i was 6 years old of Superman and Batman teaming up on film

My god if World's Finest ends up being John Blake and Superman........ I don't even know. That would seriously shatter the dreams I've had since i was 6 years old of Superman and Batman teaming up on film

That would suck. JGL is a good actor, but doesn't have the presence that Cavill or Bale have. Those final scenes with JGL arriving at the batcave made me think that his journey as Robin was about to begin before Bruce's eventual return. Didn't think of him as the next Batman.

There's no way JGL is coming back to be the next Batman. No way in hell. The chances of Bale coming back to play an entirely different Batman are MUCH greater than that. And those chances are slim to begin with.

No, no, it's BALE that's in talks not JGL. Thatll never happen.

There's no way JGL is coming back to be the next Batman. No way in hell. The chances of Bale coming back to play an entirely different Batman are MUCH greater than that. And those chances are slim to begin with.
I will say this..if Bale came back to play a different Batman who was younger, like in his 30s (since Superman should be about 34 at the time of Batman/Superman) I would be excited. It would be a challenge for Bale. I don't think the GA would care that much. They can eventually recast Bale for the solo movies and keep it going like Bond.

You know, it'd be different if the Nolan Batman films weren't such a huge phenomenon with the GA. But the trilogy became this huge pop culture defining event sorta thing. I do think it'd raise more than a few eyebrows for them to bring Bale back and then say..."But hold on...remember that version of the character you all loved? He's not playing that one, we have to just kind of pretend that all never happened now."

I think people could eventually get on board with it, but it would definitely be met with a lot of initial WTF reaction.

My. God.

Bale is out. Nolanverse is out. Don't be jerked around by Mayimbe's f**king rumors, people. The guy even admitted it was a rumor so he wouldn't be flamed when it turns out not to be true, which always happens. They've officially said it would be a new Batman. Let it goooo...

He's already returned better than ever! World's Finest right here people! :o

mTrG3Yo.gif

Having Bale back would be great, (I really don't care if they go in a different direction as I love Batman). Didn't Synder say he wanted to direct Bale in a The Dark Knight Returns type movie? The story for Batman/Superman happens to be inspired by (based on) The Dark Knight Returns. It all depends on Bale and Nolan.

I would love for Bale to be Batman again, but I have come to the conclusion this is not happening. Get over him and come to the other side. It is great over here!

Look, there's a difference between discussing something like it's actually a likelihood and just entertaining a slight possibility. Just because Bale and Nolan said they're done doesn't necessarily mean the studio isn't contemplating backing up the brinks truck in front of Bale's house. That's why this still gets discussed.

I mean, IMO Fassbender has about as much chance of getting the role as Bale (IE next to none) but that doesn't stop people talking about him.

I personally wouldn't really want Bale to return, despite how much of a kneejerk "Holy sh**!" it would get out of me. I flirted with the idea for a hot minute when it was first rumored, but I'm over it now. I think I'd rather just remember him as The Dark Knight Trilogy version of Batman.

My. God.

Bale is out. Nolanverse is out. Don't be jerked around by Mayimbe's f**king rumors, people. The guy even admitted it was a rumor so he wouldn't be flamed when it turns out not to be true, which always happens. They've officially said it would be a new Batman. Let it goooo...

tumblr_mia8fwDqMt1qf8btso1_400.gif

Look, there's a difference between discussing something like it's actually a likelihood and just entertaining a slight possibility. Just because Bale and Nolan said they're done doesn't necessarily mean the studio isn't contemplating backing up the brinks truck in front of Bale's house. That's why this still gets discussed.

I mean, IMO Fassbender has about as much chance of getting the role as Bale (IE next to none) but that doesn't stop people talking about him.

They've officially said it would be a new Batman. This is not Bale or Nolan saying it. Part of the official press release for WF:

The current hit, "Man of Steel," has taken in more than $630 million at the worldwide box office to date, and climbing. Along with its star, Henry Cavill, the upcoming film brings back Amy Adams, Laurence Fishburne and Diane Lane. The new Batman has yet to be cast.

It's not a slight possibility. Not going to happen. But okay. :whatever:

A while ago we all got used to the fact that Bale wouldn't be returning, and now because of Mayimbe's rumor, we're "entertaining the possbility" again? How much sense does that make? Let's face the facts.

And if by some slight chance Bale was indeed back, I can totally see them trying to keep it a secret for as long as they possible can. First and foremost it could be a huge surprise factor, and secondly it could allow Bale the opportunity to promote his 3 upcoming films in peace without being plagued to death with Batman questions from MTV news' Josh Horowitz!

They've officially said it would be a new Batman. This is not Bale or Nolan saying it. Part of the official press release for WF:

It's not a slight possibility. Not going to happen. But okay. :whatever:

A while ago we all got used to the fact that Bale wouldn't be returning, and now because of Mayimbe's rumor, we're "entertaining the possbility" again? How much sense does that make?

I get it man. I read the press release along with everyone else.

It doesn't mean things couldn't change and that everyone involved in this movie wouldn't jump at the chance to work with Bale. The script is being written as we speak. Hell, the whole announcement and press release seemed really slapped together and rushed so they could make a splash at SDCC.

Look, I am 99.9% sure that they are going forward with a new Batman. But hey, we're in that very early speculation stage. I was getting a little bored of talking about the pros and cons of Bentley, Gosling and Gyllenhaal over and over again, so El May's little half-hearted rumor gave us something else to discuss about for a minute. I don't see the big deal. And when you think about it, it certainly does make some sense that a Robinov-less WB might be more shrewd about wanting to get Bale back no matter the cost.

It doesn't mean things couldn't change and that everyone involved in this movie wouldn't jump at the chance to work with Bale. The script is being written as we speak. Hell, the whole announcement and press release seemed really slapped together and rushed so they could make a splash at SDCC.

Look, I am 99.9% sure that they are going forward with a new Batman. But hey, we're in that very early speculation stage. I was getting a little bored of talking about the pros and cons of Bentley, Gosling and Gyllenhaal over and over again, so El May's little half-hearted rumor gave us something else to discuss about for a minute. I don't see the big deal. And when you think about it, it certainly does make some sense that a Robinov-less WB might be more shrewd about wanting to get Bale back no matter the cost.

tumblr_m1e5h605dX1rqfhi2o1_500.gif

It doesn't mean things couldn't change and that everyone involved here wouldn't jump at the chance to work with Bale. The script is being written as we speak. Hell, the whole announcement and press release seemed really slapped together and rushed so they could make a splash at SDCC.

Look, I am 99.9% sure that they are going forward with a new Batman. But hey, we're in that very early speculation stage. I was getting a little bored of talking about the pros and cons of Bentley, Gosling and Gyllenhaal over and over again, so El May's little half-hearted rumor gave us something else to discuss about for a minute. I don't see the big deal.

I doubt the announcement and press release was slapped together. Honestly seems like something that has been in the works behind the scenes, but I digress. I just think Mayimbe knows that saying stuff like this will get us talking about it. That's why it gets on my nerves. A few days ago it was 100% sure Bale wouldn't return after Comic-Con, now it's 99.9%? I'm not necessarily just talking about you but that goes for others here as well.

We've spent a long time in the past discussing how Bale would return if they had a WF movie, and now they finally announce that there will be a new Batman, yet we're still on the Bale possibility when rumor man Mayimbe sparks it up. WB has told us the sky is blue when some think there's a chance it could be red. Even for discussion's sake, it's still redundant and we should have moved past this a while ago. But I'm done, discuss away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"