The Dark Knight Rises Christian Bale as Batman in Justice League. Is it still possible?

I'd rather a old a grizzled Batman leading the team...so Keaton or Val Kilmer FTW. I don't think they can get Clooney or Bale anymore...

And Brandon Routh for Superman...

Well, I get that you hate Justice League and would consider it in the vein of Episode 1 and Godfather 3 Laderlappen. But it doesn't have to be that way.

I don't hate JL. I just think its the dumbest idea ever to put Bale's Batman in it.

Well, we have two questions here.The title says: 'Christian Bale as Batman in Justice League. Is it still possible?'
My answer is yes. It is possible. Improbable, but possible.

The other one is: 'Do you want Christian Bale to return as Batman in a future Justice League movie?'
My answer to this one is: no, I don't.

Unless you see Batman himself doing some fantastical things like flying and having superpowers, they're not changing crap. They're simply placing Batman in a new setting with a new ensemble.

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. So who's to say there are no superpowered heroes in this Batman's world? Nolan? Fanboys?

I find it funny it's only now that a vocal minority of people consider Batman to be "above" the comic book universe, by refusing to acknowledge he's in a fictional world with superheroes. To the MASS PUBLIC and practically everyone in the comic book fandom, Batman has and always will be part of the same exact universe as the Justice League.

And what about his character would look out of place in a JL film? As far as I can see, it has absolutely nothing to do with it.

Nolan/Bales Batman is not in a world of Superheroes, is not the 'DC universe' as it were, Nolan gave the character a world that's gritty and plausible. It would be like putting the Capt Jack Aubry character from Master and Commander in a Pirates of the Caribbean film. This version of the character is not suited to such a world filled with such fantasy elements. JL having different continuity is the only thing I ever liked about the former JL project. Nolan's Batman, Singer's Superman and any future solo projects should stay the hell away from each other.

Nolan/Bales Batman is not in a world of Superheroes, is not the 'DC universe' as it were, Nolan gave the character a world that's gritty and plausible.
You act as if Nolan was the first to do that. Batman from the comics IS gritty, and depending on what story is told, IS plausible. So I don't see how there's any difference there.

It would be like putting the Capt Jack Aubry character from Master and Commander in a Pirates of the Caribbean film.
Again, what does his character have to do with it? I haven't seen M&C, but I'd wager any of those characters wouldn't exactly stand out in the POTC franchise.

This version
of the character is not suited to such a world filled with such fantasy elements. JL having different continuity is the only thing I ever liked about the former JL project. Nolan's Batman, Singer's Superman and any future solo projects should stay the hell away from each other.
Yet Nolan himself has said his movies contain fantastical elements. Where is the line drawn?

Not gonna happen. Bale won't do it. And WB is too stubborn on their version of Batman for the new film.

Besides, Bale wouldn't join a film and a cast that's gonna suck.

Yeah, I said it. And what?

That's truth.

Is it true because you have a delorean time machine?

could you please let me know if I ever do end up owning the NY Knicks decades from now. Thanks in advance.

I think he's the only Bats, then there's David Boreanaz, but as long as third film plams don't stop

:hoboj:

If there's any credence to the reports of WB wanting to do a JL movie originally with Bale and Routh in mind for Batman and Superman, and their refusal mucking plans up for said movie, I'm still not sure how the argument stands. It's possible the script had Bale's Batman in mind, and the issues with Talia definitely support that no matter how much all the reporters were like "it's different, it's different!"

Nolans Batman wouldnt suit a JL film but i do think Singers superman could though. As long as they dont turn a JL charactes intoto young characters like the television show the OC ill still watch it.

Yes, it's possible. Christian Bale, himself, said that he wouldn't be against being in a JL movie, as long as it was after the third Batman movie. I'll try to dig up the interview, unless someone else has it.

Christian Bale is a handsome devil, but perhaps too handsome for Justice League. He could carry the movie, but cast next to a bunch of unknowns he'd cast a handsome shadow over them all.

Im not gonna be looking at Bale im looking for the hottie they cast to play Wonder Woman.:oldrazz:

I say YES and NO.
I agree with Bale and Nolan that their version of Batman (at the moment) wouldn't really fit in with the Justice League or in a world where super aliens and extremely powerful humans walk around.
It works having him be more human.

But at the same time Bale is such a good Bruce Wayne/Batman and it would be cool to see their version of Batman in that world. And even though I think it wouldn't work or fit, I also think it might work pretty nicely.
But mostly I would just want to see the comic brought to live, see Superman and Batman side by side with the others.

Yes, it's possible. Christian Bale, himself, said that he wouldn't be against being in a JL movie, as long as it was after the third Batman movie. I'll try to dig up the interview, unless someone else has it.
It was on IGN where he basically said last July he wouldn't be opposed to doing it.

Well if it is after the 3rd Batman film I think they should be forced to wait till then.
He would be the perfect Batman and after the 3rd film would be perfect, it gives Batman time to have been around enough to establish him and his world and outlook.
Then you bring in the superheroes like Superman.

Bale at that point would also be the definite appropriate age for a Justice League Batman. Considering it shouldn't be a younger, wet behind the bat ears Batman.

He's starring in T4. :p

I voted no because his Batman doesn't fit with the Justice League universe Miller wants to create.

Thats just a rumor, Christian Bale has more sense than that.

I think its a flawed concept at this point for DC... the solos... and then the combo movie... with possibly a returning cast if not even returning producers/directors... its just not going to flow very seemlessly... Marvel... I believe... is trying to build it from scratch... they are building a plausible universe where all these characters can co exist... crossover cameos certainly help their case... mentioning Gotham in SR isn't going to cut it... what story line are they going to use... what villains would return and from what franchise? What elements do you take from the solo efforts... what elements do you omit? What works... what doesn't work? All TOO tricky questions if you ask me... its too big a risk... and there are too many variables involved.... they want a JLA movie.... but they also want it to be another staple franchise... not the end all be all... all or nothing once in a lifetime movie... its way too big a risk... and you can't blame any studio for not having that kind of comittment... in the end it most likely isn't worth the time or consideration... so this is for the NON-Nolanites/Balians who want all the solo efforts to be compiled into a massive JLA project... "LET BALE RETURNING AS BATMAN IN A JLA GO..."... let it go...

WB has no excuse since they own the film rights for every DC property. They are all under one roof.

Thats just a rumor, Christian Bale has more sense than that.
Except for the fact several publications have already confirmed he has signed on for the role.

WB has no excuse since they own the film rights for every DC property. They are all under one roof.
Eh, SR ruined all the plans imo. DC seemed to be doing the same exact thing Marvel is right now.

No way! bale is committed to one superhero franchise right now, WB is gonna have to cast someone else id say, but they'll probably start to redo the casting after the strike, just as there gonna redo the script and almost everything else

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"