If Magneto can move the GGB by himself, why does he nead Phoenix?

Magneto is strong, but Phoenix would probably put him to shame so He needs Phoenix on his side and not on the x-men

Some here seem to forget that in the comic Jean Grey was infact killed by Magneto in Planet X when Magneto gave Jean a "the equivalent of a planetary heart attack".(although this has since been retconned to make the whole situation murky as hell)

BVM said:
Some here seem to forget that in the comic Jean Grey was infact killed by Magneto in Planet X when Magneto gave Jean a "the equivalent of a planetary heart attack".(although this has since been retconned to make the whole situation murky as hell)

Let's not forget he sneak attacked her and and in a way, she allowed him to succeed. If she was wanted to she would have protected herself from the attack (which was electromagnetic) since she just came back from the sun which has more rampant and powerful electromagnetic energies than anything on earth. Further, Jean knew she had to die to wake up in the future to disinfect the universe. She even comments that "she didn't know how long she could stay and not to lose hope" and that "she's going away soon." She even knew far enough in advance to have created a holoempathic crystal with her essence in it for a loved one.

If magneto can do it himself...he'd want to...he was showing off...and anyway the filmmakers side is just holding off on showing what she can do on a massive scale...other than that I thought he was gonna ask her to help him guide it all the way to alcatraz but after watching the clip it really works well with just him doing it...showing how powerful he is after 2 movies...1st one his big moment was the train station sequence and lifting the cars in the air...the second one shows just how little metal he needs to be a threat...and him holding up the jet when it was losing altitude...now...goldengate bridge sequence...fans and movie audiences alike have been waiting to see him single handedly tear something of this size apart...its gonna be awesome.

Let's not forget he sneak attacked her and and in a way, she allowed him to succeed.

Not buying it.

Sneak attack? He simply toched her, how the hell is that sneaky.

Ofcourse after magneto killed her, that Bastard Logan killed him.

Then he appeared fine and dandy in Genosha.

I have actually hated the character of Jean for a long time and applaud Marvel for keeping her dead. While they continue to resurrect Magnus:O

Though a powerless magnus make me a sad panda.

liamoversion2 said:
Has anyone thought of this? I'm sure you guys have...

It just bothers me, not so much as a gaping plot hole, but more of an annoyance...

I mean you've seen the clip where he literally breaks the bridge apart and moves it across San Francisco bay (think of how much energy this actually entails - it's really God like power). So why does he care about Jean? This is really Phoenix stuff. I don't think Magneto was ever that powerful in the comics, until he used that 'kick' drug in the 'Planet X' storyline and tore New York to pieces.

Why isn't Jean the one moving the bridge?

the whole thing just seems senseless to me. Why would he even be scared of Jean if he's that powerful? If he can lift a bridge that weighs hundreds of tonnes, why would he care?

Maybe I need to see the movie... maybe there's some unspoken kind of tension where the information is conveyed....

What do you think?

I can't believe someone is complaining about the power levels now, go figure. When X1 came out people complained that some of the mutants were to weak or not as powerful as their comic counterparts and now Mags is to powerful? I don't get it.

Magneto was or is that powerful in the comics, and also that wasn't Magneto in the Planet X storyline remember? it was an imposter who's indenity is still a mystery. Some thought that it was Wanda who created the imposter Magneto that posed a Xorn. Marvel hasn't answered this yet or maybe never since new writers has taken over.

He needs Phoenix cause she's a powerful mutant and also Magneto while powerful has limitations. His power isn't limitless and he can do pretty impressive things he does tire out. I sure Phoenix could movie the bridge as well. Would think it's impossiable for Superman to movie the GGB? No I don't think so, it would harder for him cause it would break up but he strong enough to destroy it.

It is better to walk with the devil than be in his (her in this case) path ;)

BVM said:

Again that wasn't Magneto, but Jean while powerful is still human and as someone pointed out she can be tricked, outsmarted or hurt and bested. She's not on a level with Galactus, The Living Tribunal or the Celestials.

As some have said already, he doesn't NEED Phoenix, but he wants her on his side, and she needa a place to go. When he speaks to her in the forest, he has sympathy for how Xavier restrained her powers. For some reason, he doesn't really see her as a threat even though he admits she is far more powerful. He talks of her as their 'weapon', beleiveing she can be manipulated into that because she is so mentally vulnerable.

liamoversion2 said:

It just bothers me, not so much as a gaping plot hole, but more of an annoyance...

I mean you've seen the clip where he literally breaks the bridge apart and moves it across San Francisco bay (think of how much energy this actually entails - it's really God like power). So why does he care about Jean? This is really Phoenix stuff. I don't think Magneto was ever that powerful in the comics, until he used that 'kick' drug in the 'Planet X' storyline and tore New York to pieces.

the whole thing just seems senseless to me. Why would he even be scared of Jean if he's that powerful? If he can lift a bridge that weighs hundreds of tonnes, why would he care?

Maybe I need to see the movie... maybe there's some unspoken kind of tension where the information is conveyed....

What do you think?

He's moving the bridge:

1) Because he can, because he is flexing his awesome mutant power
2) Because it is in the New X-Men comics, where he reshapes an entire city
3) Because it is symbolic - the X-Men are trying to 'build bridges' with humankind, he is destroying any link/brdige he has with humankind
4) Because Jean's power is unstable and tend to demolecularise everything - she hasn't been taught any control
5) Because it then makes his fate more dramatic...the master of magnetism, of all that power, gets his come-uppance in a big way.

liamoversion2 said:

What do you think?

for spite, and becasue shes one hot mama

BVM said:
Not buying it.

Sneak attack? He simply toched her, how the hell is that sneaky.

Ofcourse after magneto killed her, that Bastard Logan killed him.

Then he appeared fine and dandy in Genosha.

I have actually hated the character of Jean for a long time and applaud Marvel for keeping her dead. While they continue to resurrect Magnus:O
If you think Marvel is keeping Jean dead for good, I have the GGB to sell you.

Though a powerless magnus make me a sad panda.

Considering he was laying on the ground and Jean reached out to help him, and then he struck. That's pretty low. If you think Marvel is keeping her dead for good I have the Golden Gate bridge to sell you.

MJB said:
Again that wasn't Magneto, but Jean while powerful is still human and as someone pointed out she can be tricked, outsmarted or hurt and bested. She's not on a level with Galactus, The Living Tribunal or the Celestials.

Im sorry to disagree.

The Watcher clearly states, in the end of the Dark Phoenix saga, that her power is "second only to that of the Creator". Remember the Phoenix is the guardian of creation? Well, Galactus, the Living Tribunal and the Celestials are not able to leave this universe and connect/go to other universes like the Phoenix can in the White Hot Room.

More importantly: How the hell can Magneto be struggling with operating the mutation machine in X1, and now have the strength to move the GG bridge in X3?

"she can do anything anything she can think of"
don't you think its useful to have someone who can do anything she can tink of in your army?

Because Phoenix is his ultimate weapon against the humans!!! In the clip with the Brotherhood he says, "The humans have their weapons..*then he turns to Jean*.....and we have ours!!!":up:

Rohann said:
Im sorry to disagree.

The Watcher clearly states, in the end of the Dark Phoenix saga, that her power is "second only to that of the Creator". Remember the Phoenix is the guardian of creation? Well, Galactus, the Living Tribunal and the Celestials are not able to leave this universe and connect/go to other universes like the Phoenix can in the White Hot Room.

Well the Phoenix is the guardian of creation and not Jean. Jean is a human who hosts the force, she 's it's ability to manifest and operate on this plane. The Phoenix itself has unlimited power but Jean as human has limitations. She could not take down Galactus, the Celestials, the Living tribunal, or any of those Cosmic Entities. Their intelligence alone is beyond her ability to even comprehend. All this stuff has been stated in marvel at different points. Because Jean is human she has limitations as i've said and it's why she can be tricked, outsmarted, and beaten.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"