If Satan changed Hell into a blissful paradise...

blind_fury

Avenger
Reaction score
Why would anyone remain loyal to God?

For goodness sake?

I don't believe in god.........

But I do believe in this:

Plans-46113.jpg

Satan has no such power. He will be confined in Hell just like everybody else.

Edit: Wil beat me.

Assuming the Christian view, mostly Catholic, on the whole Satan situation.

Well, he couldn't. The fact it is a ****ty place is as much a punishment for him, for defiance, as it is for anyone damned there. If he could change it to a nice place, it would pretty much defeat the purpose.

And Satan traditionally isn't trying to get people to worship him. He's just trying to get people to turn away from God.

Wilhelm-Scream said:

isn't he like "lord of hell" and plus can like, tempt people and go against the will of god and ****?
this is what i don't get.
satan is against god. and people who do evil things are his followers.
then why doesn't he reward them? the enemy of my enemy after all.

Leto Atrides said:

Well, he couldn't. The fact it is a ****ty place is as much a punishment for him, for defiance, as it is for anyone damned there. If he could change it to a nice place, it would pretty much defeat the purpose.

And Satan traditionally isn't trying to get people to worship him. He's just trying to get people to turn away from God.

Does Satan actually like his sinners or is he just happy that he's tricked them?

I wanna move to Hell's Kitchen in midtown.

Wilhelm-Scream said:
Then who is responsible for the torment that goes on in Hell?

dialog-vega1.gif
That's a good point. Another good point is that if God takes the good souls and Satan takes the bad ones tht would put God in a working contract with Satan, but God has made it clear that Satan is his enemy. What about punishing a person for a sin or sins for eternity is that not extreme of a loving, just, and wise God?

Mr Sparkle said:
isn't he like "lord of hell" and plus can like, tempt people and go against the will of god and ****?
this is what i don't get.
satan is against god. and people who do evil things are his followers.
then why doesn't he reward them? the enemy of my enemy after all.
God is GOD. He created Satan. It isn't like a "Yin/Yang" thing.
At the predetermined time, God condemns sinners to the Lake of Fire, that was "created for the Devil and his angels".

But don't try to make sense out of the scenario, because it's utter bull****....that God would create Satan, knowing that he'd rebel, and just, let him work mischief and cause suffering for a few thousand years, let him kill Job's family, etc.
And then finally, someday, destroy him.

I once watched this crazy Christian on TV, and he was saying that if God didn't tell us what was right or wrong, we wouldn't know what was right or wrong, and he pretty much said we do good things to get into heaven.

It's very similar to what I was told when I was a small child in school, and even then I detected the bull****. It's crazy logic like "we only know right from wrong because God told us" and "we do good things to get into Heaven" that turned me off being a Christian in the first place. I know that there are plenty of Christans with more sense, but still.

You do good things for the sake of doing good things. Psychological studies show that kids at a young age understand the concepts of right and wrong. They're too young to understand the concepts of religion, so how do they know? Part of it is experience. They know that what hurts them hurts other people too.

blind_fury said:
Does Satan actually like his sinners or is he just happy that he's tricked them?

I'd say the second. It's a misery loves company sort of thing. "I have to be down here, so why don't I get some other people to come? And I can piss off God at the same time."

blind_fury said:
Then who is responsible for the torment that goes on in Hell?
God. It says very clearly that God created Hell as a place of punishment for the Devil and his angels.

Leto Atrides said:

Why would the devil want people to suffer for rejecting God. Dude if Satan is so smart he would've changed his approach long ago. He wouldn't help God by sorting out the bad apples.

Wilhelm-Scream said:
At the predetermined time, God condemns sinners to the Lake of Fire, that was "created for the Devil and his angels".

But don't try to make sense out of the scenario, because it's utter bull****....that God would create Satan, knowing that he'd rebel, and just, let him work mischief and cause suffering for a few thousand years, let him kill Job's family, etc.

you mean religion doesn't make sense?:eek:
my last port in the storm is dashed, I'll have to take solace in toy collecting!!!:(

Leto Atrides said:
I'd say the second. It's a misery loves company sort of thing. "I have to be down here, so why don't I get some other people to come? And I can piss off God at the same time."

That is what I would do in the same situation :up:

Wilhelm-Scream said:

Vega_8.gif
God created Satan but he didn't mean for him to rebel nor to make mankind suffer. Satan used to be a good angel once. This is confirmed when Jesus said, "that one was a manslayer for he did not stand fast in the truth, because truth is not in him." Also, the Lake of Fire you speak of in Revelations is not a literal place. It is the second death after those resurrected rebel again. You have to be aware why God allowed suffering to understand his nature and what is next to come for us.

blind_fury said:
Why would the devil want people to suffer for rejecting God. Dude if Satan is so smart he would've changed his approach long ago. He wouldn't help God by sorting out the bad apples.

Assuming the whole thing is true here.

God wants everyone to be in heaven. He is pained to see people go to hell. So Satan wants it to happen as often as possible. Plus Satan's something of a sadist. He wants to tortue others.

kainedamo said:
I once watched this crazy Christian on TV, and he was saying that if God didn't tell us what was right or wrong, we wouldn't know what was right or wrong, and he pretty much said we do good things to get into heaven.

It's very similar to what I was told when I was a small child in school, and even then I detected the bull****. It's crazy logic like "we only know right from wrong because God told us" and "we do good things to get into Heaven" that turned me off being a Christian in the first place. I know that there are plenty of Christans with more sense, but still.

You do good things for the sake of doing good things. Psychological studies show that kids at a young age understand the concepts of right and wrong. They're too young to understand the concepts of religion, so how do they know? Part of it is experience. They know that what hurts them hurts other people too.

I had a "Could the golden rule replace religion" thread but it died an early death. :(

kainedamo said:

Vega_9.gif
You are correct, humans are created with a conscience which governs their thinking and actions as right or wrong. Although our consciences are limited they are still their and help us decide whether something is right or wrong.

E. Bison said:
Vega_8.gif
God created Satan but he didn't mean for him to rebel nor to make mankind suffer. Satan used to be a good angel once. This is confirmed when Jesus said, "that one was a manslayer for he did not stand fast in the truth, because truth is not in him." Also, the Lake of Fire you speak of in Revelations is not a literal place. It is the second death after those resurrected rebel again. You have to be aware why God allowed suffering to understand his nature and what is next to come for us.

Leto Atrides said:
I think Satan would do that for a full week until he realized he was being God's pawn.

Leto Atrides said:
Assuming the whole thing is true here.

God wants everyone to be in heaven. He is pained to see people go to hell. So Satan wants it to happen as often as possible. Plus Satan's something of a sadist. He wants to tortue others.
bison-snk00.gif
Not exactly, although we cannot speak for the other demons Satan has shown a desire for humans to worship him. It is only logical to conclude that those who side with him willfully would be rewarded by him for doing so. Satan in the Bible has shown a desire for having the worship that truly belongs to God. He even tried to make Jesus worship him as well. Satan would have rewarded Jesus with all the empires of the Earth for that. How much more for the rest of us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"