If The Wrestling Thread Keeps Changing Titles, Thread Manager Gets A Brogue Kick

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see Bryan getting taken out of the main event scene after WM if he drops the title to Sheamus. Right now, he's the top heel on SD, and I think a draft would bring him to RAW to eventually face a champion CM Punk, maybe play off their indy history a little.

If we get another draft, I'd love for Bryan to be brought over to Raw and start a feud with Punk. That could be something special! :up:

If we get another draft, I'd love for Bryan to be brought over to Raw and start a feud with Punk. That could be something special! :up:

If I was WWE head booked I'd have Bryan vs Punk in a title unification feud all summer culminating in a Summerslam main event iron man match to see who the best in the world is...........

......with Bryan winning. I'm a mark for Punk but I think for a long time WWE has lacked a dangerous and over heel.

Randy Orton believes his upcoming match against Kane at WrestleMania XXVIII is a bigger deal than the World Heavyweight Championship bout between Daniel Bryan and Sheamus.

"I think there might be a little more people out there who want to see Kane-Orton as opposed Sheamus-Daniel Bryan," Orton stated Friday morning on the Big Poppa In The Morning radio program promoting WrestleMania XXVIII.

He also discussed WrestleMania XXVIII taking place on his birthday, WWE recently returning to a revamped Madison Square and The Rock vs. John Cena. The Viper hopes to see Cena cleanly defeat The Rock via Attitude Adjustment.

The ten-minute interview is available here.

-- Layla made her return to in-ring competition at a non-televised Florida Championship Wrestling event on Thursday night. Alongside babyface Audrey Marie, they defeated Paige and Sofia Cortez. She had been sidelined since May due to tears of both her Anterior cruciate and Medial collateral ligaments, which required surgery.

Layla received high marks from FCW officials for her performance as she displayed a series of Lucha style moves. She had been working very hard in recent weeks in preparation for her squared circle return.

-- Tickets for the 25th Annual SummerSlam, which will be held Aug. 19 at Los Angeles' STAPLES Center, went on sale Saturday. Also on-sale: Tickets for No Way Out, to be held June 17 at the Izod Center in East Rutherford, New Jersey.

-- Today is The Undertaker's birthday as he turns 47 years old. While his age has been disputed over the years, FamilyTreeLegends.com says he was born on March 24, 1965. Furthermore, the official website of Stephen Pool Waltrip High School in Houston, Texas says he graduated from the school in 1983.

source: PWInsider.com

http://www.pwpix.net/pwpixnews/headlines/334622310.php
http://www.pwpix.net/pwpixnews/headlines/334622351.php

If I was WWE head booked I'd have Bryan vs Punk in a title unification feud all summer culminating in a Summerslam main event iron man match to see who the best in the world is...........

......with Bryan winning. I'm a mark for Punk but I think for a long time WWE has lacked a dangerous and over heel.

I think every ROHbot's head would explode in unison if that were to happen, setting the oxygen in the atmosphere on fire and eradicating all life on Earth as we know it.

I think every ROHbot's head would explode in unison if that were to happen, setting the oxygen in the atmosphere on fire and eradicating all life on Earth as we know it.

Well, maybe just all life in the northeastern USA.

As long as you continue to twist my words to suit your views, I will not continue to have discussion with you anymore.

I'm not twisting anything, telling the truth hurts sometimes though.

Maybe the disciple of Mordecai?

I was so ready for that Taker vs Mordecai feud. :(

I was never the biggest fan of Bryan's current gimmick (not to be confused with me being a hater of Bryan, as I've always been an admirer), though I am now warming to it.

However, I still am rooting for Sheamus to win at Mania as a personal preference, where the majority of the consensus here have seen and followed the journey and ascension of guys like Bryan and Punk and understandably are rooting for these guys and enjoying their successes. I've similarly followed guys like Sheamus, McIntyre and Barrett, so hopefully people can understand my point of view from that respect.

To each his own, and all. :) :up:

I like both but I'd say Bryan winning at Mania and amping up the chase would get the bigger pay off for Sheamus rather than winning the belt in what might even be the opening match.

I'd say have Bryan escape and develop the stuff with him anhd AJ some more and have the fans baying for his head, this leads to them headlining the May PPV where all that heat is finally used for Sheamus title win in the main event of the night.

Some gifs I made:

iUZvw.gif

What exactly did Punk say to AJ? :D

-- Layla made her return to in-ring competition at a non-televised Florida Championship Wrestling event on Thursday night. Alongside babyface Audrey Marie, they defeated Paige and Sofia Cortez. She had been sidelined since May due to tears of both her Anterior cruciate and Medial collateral ligaments, which required surgery.

Layla received high marks from FCW officials for her performance as she displayed a series of Lucha style moves. She had been working very hard in recent weeks in preparation for her squared circle return.

Good on her. :up:

Randy Orton believes his upcoming match against Kane at WrestleMania XXVIII is a bigger deal than the World Heavyweight Championship bout between Daniel Bryan and Sheamus.

"I think there might be a little more people out there who want to see Kane-Orton as opposed Sheamus-Daniel Bryan,"
Orton stated Friday morning on the Big Poppa In The Morning radio program promoting WrestleMania XXVIII.

He also discussed WrestleMania XXVIII taking place on his birthday, WWE recently returning to a revamped Madison Square and The Rock vs. John Cena. The Viper hopes to see Cena cleanly defeat The Rock via Attitude Adjustment.

The ten-minute interview is available here.

-- Tickets for the 25th Annual SummerSlam, which will be held Aug. 19 at Los Angeles' STAPLES Center, went on sale Saturday. Also on-sale: Tickets for No Way Out, to be held June 17 at the Izod Center in East Rutherford, New Jersey.

-- Today is The Undertaker's birthday as he turns 47 years old. While his age has been disputed over the years, FamilyTreeLegends.com says he was born on March 24, 1965. Furthermore, the official website of Stephen Pool Waltrip High School in Houston, Texas says he graduated from the school in 1983.

source: PWInsider.com

http://www.pwpix.net/pwpixnews/headlines/334622310.php
http://www.pwpix.net/pwpixnews/headlines/334622351.php

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: oh Randy *wipes tear from eye*

I don't see Bryan getting taken out of the main event scene after WM if he drops the title to Sheamus. Right now, he's the top heel on SD, and I think a draft would bring him to RAW to eventually face a champion CM Punk, maybe play off their indy history a little.

Why have a draft when the brand split is pretty much over?All of the Smackdown roster show up on Raw and there's talk of having top Raw talent show up on Smackdown!

Randy must be smoking something if he thinks people care about ANYBODY feuding with Kane.

Why have a draft when the brand split is pretty much over?All of the Smackdown roster show up on Raw and there's talk of having top Raw talent show up on Smackdown!

As pointless as it may seems, fans still talk about the Draft and it tends to get some buzz around it.

More interested in this year's spring cleaning since there wasn't much of one last year.

I like both but I'd say Bryan winning at Mania and amping up the chase would get the bigger pay off for Sheamus rather than winning the belt in what might even be the opening match.

I'd say have Bryan escape and develop the stuff with him anhd AJ some more and have the fans baying for his head, this leads to them headlining the May PPV where all that heat is finally used for Sheamus title win in the main event of the night.

That could be a good idea. Kinda' like when Rock finally got the strap of Triple H at Backlash back in 2000. It built up so much, that the crowd went absolutely crazy when Triple H finally lost the title. :up:

And it's not because of Kane.

Randy sounds awfully Jealous , I have been wondering if him not been in the main title picture for a while has more to do with HHH taking on a more hands on role backstage , from what I remember they never got on that well.

Randy sounds awfully Jealous , I have been wondering if him not been in the main title picture for a while has more to do with HHH taking on a more hands on role backstage , from what I remember they never got on that well.

HHH's title run in 2000 was a good run and the best of his career so far.

And it's not because of Kane.

Well...not just because of Kane. At least Orton didn't get jammed into the WHC match.

Last edited:

I'm rooting for Daniel Bryan to win at Wrestlemania. If he loses, I can respect that he's had a good run, and I like Sheamus. But I'm worried that, as consistently as he's delivered in the top heel role, if his run as champion is ended this soon, WWE may mistake his heat as just being related to AJ, and Bryan could get Mark Mero'ed.

This idea might not be popular, but I'd say Bryan should be kept on Smackdown, and he should hold his belt for a long time, longer than even Punk holds his. Punk is at the stage where he doesn't need to be champion to be definitely over. But the longer Bryan holds that title, the more it could really make him, and he in turn could help make that belt. If the WWE Heavyweight Title is the "real" top title, and the World Title is the "B-title", then surely that's the belt you can feel free to experiment with, right?

Here's what I'd do. Have Bryan retain against Sheamus, and keep it on him, for months, and months. I could see WWE thinking Summerslam would be long enough, but I'd honestly be fine with the reign lasting until NEXT Mania, and I'll explain why. A year-plus world title reign is pretty much unheard of in WWE in this day and age. He's hated now, but when you factor in the boredom and frustration people felt when JBL held the title for ages, his heel heat would reach a whole other level. Heighten that with cheap wins: DQs, countouts, cheating, and cheap little small package victories out of nowhere. Have him feud with the top guys like Orton, and come out of it victorious. Eventually, it goes beyond people feeling sick of Bryan being the champ. If WWE can weather that period, it then becomes something more special: where there's a breathless anticipation for someone FINALLY beating him, which gives his every defense even more drama. If WWE takes the time to build someone they think can be a top babyface for Smackdown, have them win the Royal Rumble, challenge Daniel Bryan, and then you FINALLY, after years, have a Smackdown title match that feels like it could be as big a deal as the Raw title match, because the prospect of Daniel Bryan finally dropping the belt becomes a draw in itself. And because he's held the belt so long, when he puts over this emerging babyface on the grandest stage of them all, he puts them over huge.

Yes, I'm aware it's pretty much pipe-dream territory, and I can't blame WWE or be disappointed if they wouldn't do something like this. I'm aware of the flaws: what about the other heels on Smackdown's roster, where do they go in this environment? One thing I'd say is that Cody Rhodes needs to go to Raw at the next draft and be CM Punk's new nemesis. But setting aside fanboy wish-fulfillment, practically a storyline like this would have benefits, for Bryan and the title. It gives some prestige to what's too often considered the "B-title", makes that belt feel like something special and important. And even if Bryan doesn't hold the title again after that, he's pretty much made for life as the guy who had the title reign for the ages.

I'm all for WWE keeping the gold on AmDrag and riding this horse until in breaks down and dies. Maybe even ride it a few more weeks after that.

His run, and Henry's preceding run, have been some of the best wrestling and storytelling I've seen in a while. I tune into SD religiously because of AmDrag. And I know a lot of fans are doing the same.

I can tell you, some of the kids I work with hate him and have no idea why I call him the best wrestler in the world.

I'm totally in for that year long idea Keyser. But I don't really see any face knocking on the door of the main event (lotta talented heels though). Maybe Morrison if he was still around.

Randy's comments are definitely a head shaker. Wow.

JoMo could return. No matter how much I hope for him not to.

Win or lose come Mania I'd like to see Bryan stay on Smackdown for a while. He's one of the few legit new characters they've built on that show and he's doing a great job over there and makes the show so fresh to watch. Smackdown always seems to get raped as soon as they do this with people on its roster. Taker being gone has opened up a lot of chances for guys even though Orton is supposedly the top face. I'd hate to see Bryan get lost on the shuffle on Raw with not as much airtime.

I can tell you, some of the kids I work with hate him and have no idea why I call him the best wrestler in the world.

When you say "hate" do you mean they hate him enough to want to see him get his a** kicked or do they hate him to the point they just change the channel when he's on?

If its the former then he might be doing his job perfectly...which is great. So many people want to be the cool heel now so its nice to see Bryan buck that trend.

I'd say it's a lock for his return. But Melina will have to stay at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"