If the Wrestling Thread wanted to dance, it'd get a date!

Discussion in 'Misc. TV Series' started by Thread Manager, Feb 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ImWithTeamConan

ImWithTeamConan Avenger of Comedy

Just watched the 6 man from tonight.

Liked Rollins, was a huge Ambrose fan but geez, these last two matches have really sold me on Reigns' potential. He has a great look and although he might not be as experienced as the other two, he's athletic/quick for his size and he's great at selling.

Post-WM it's going to be interesting how they're going to enter the main event scene, I think they're ready. But how do you book that?

2. PyroChamber

PyroChamber Not lactose, it's milk!

I can't believe they've had that spinner belt around for 8 years, man time flies.

IMO, I think they should have made the section where the WWE logo is Gold instead of the black leather of the belt; kinda makes it look like didn't put too much thought into it, like they just screwed the logo on and said "**** it".

BTW, have these been posted?

[YT]pVnIkXC8KXI[/YT]

[YT]up1aX874Vj8[/YT]

3. Dr. Evil

Dr. Evil Well-Known Member

The belt is going to be "super cool" and "totally awesome" when the Rock carries it around with him during media rounds.

It's like when the Olympians come home and display their medals during the talk show rounds a week after the Olympics. The media is in awe of the medals and think that the medals are totally awesome (which they are).

Of course, the difference is that the Olympics actually means something. The WWE Title does not, but the mainstream won't care. They will see the Rock carry the title and be in awe of it.

4. Van Petrol

Van Petrol Guest

The first prototype actually had a base/back plate as shown in the original leaked picture. But due to the weight of it (as confirmed by Punk) was removed and re-tweaked to make it lighter.

5. Wheels

Wheels Eat my shorts

Reigns is a guy who really started impressing me about a month or two before The Shield debuted. You can go back and read the post where I compared him to Scott Hall and The Rock. I'm an Ambrose guy and I enjoy Rollins, but Reigns is the one WWE will like the most. Given the choice, I'd take Reigns over Ryback as the next face of WWE.

6. NDX

NDX Walking with Elias.

I have no idea what the hell I just watched.

7. PyroChamber

I guess the question now is, when they start making replicas of the new belt who's gonna buy one?

8. Hunter Rider

Hunter Rider Ronin

That is a concern I agree, I honestly don't mind Roidback finally getting a team together that allows him to get the winning pin at Mania, but if they bury them in a 3 on 1 loss then that would be ridiculous.

Maybe Punk can work the triple threat and tag with Lesnar against Taker and Haitch, that way preventing disasters all round even though he'd eat both pins.

9. Darkness Falls

Darkness Falls We Could Be Heroes.....

10. Hunter Rider

Hunter Rider Ronin

11. bullets

bullets bang bang

The Harlem shake videos are fun , but of course it's being overdone. People at my work were talking about making one and I had to find an excuse to walk away.

This is random , but does anyone remember The Patriot Del Wilkes. He had a short run in WWF circa 1997. It just ended without explanation . Does anyone know why he was released ?

12. Wheels

Wheels Eat my shorts

I remember The Patriot more for his WCW run with Marc Bagwell. As for why he was released from WWF, I have no idea.

13. Hotwire

Hotwire Dealin' W/ Demons

To me, it evokes a Championship ring. While I like it, I would have liked to see them update the WW logo, though. Of course, that would have required to redo all of their merchandise, too.

Edit: Searched Google for "Fan made wwe logo" and found this!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 19, 2013
  14. PyroChamber

15. Hunter Rider

Hunter Rider Ronin

16. louiebling$

louiebling$ Just Chucking with you

No Eagle....man that belt looks so uninspired and plain ugghh

17. Lantern Venom

Lantern Venom Lego SUCKS

What I remember most about the Patriot is that his mask seemed to constrict his lip movement. During his promos, he sounded like he was saying, "Ah roo roo rooo roooo roooo, 'Merica, rooo rooo rooo".

18. Project862006

Project862006 Well-Known Member

wow just seen new title it is ugly and just bland

seriously what looks better on the rock
    [​IMG][​IMG]

19. Lantern Venom

Lantern Venom Lego SUCKS

Here's an old USA Today article. Not pretty:

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/2004-03-12-wrestling-wilkes_x.htm

The Rock can make anything look credible, but belts that look like actual champions will always trump gimmicky, garish belts.

20. spidey-dude

spidey-dude Y.N.W.A

I'd seen the leaked pics and didnt like it.... even when i went on wwe.com this morning I was dissapointed to see it in a little thumbnail.... when I watch it be unveiled I changed my mind.... it isnt as good as the undisputed titled, or the winged eagle, but it is ALOT better than the spinner, and looks like an actual title belt... I kinda like it

I agree, I think there should at the very least have been a globe behind the wwe logo

21. bullets

bullets bang bang

22. Dark Sentinel

Dark Sentinel Well-Known Member

Yes I know I'm late to the party but I had to work a Panthers/Maple Leafs game, so sue me. Thank God I recorded Raw though :woot: and my thoughts?

Pretty great show. The 6-Man Shield vs. Sheamus/Ryback/Jericho was a definite hilight. I don't have the luxury of ordering PPVs so this was the first match I've seen them in. And I like what I see. Ambrose is a freaking genius worker. Best I've seen in a loooong time.

I hope next week's Punk vs. Cena match leads to a triple-threat Wrestlemania match. Punk brings out Cena's good promos IMO, so I'm hoping that comes to fruition.

Rock's unveiling of the new title belt was pretty cool. I definitely like the new belt more than the Spinner. But I liked the sendoff he gave the Spinner, and it should be in the HOF, very classy of him. And I loved when Cena crashed mid-speech, that sneer gave me hope for at least a tweener turn for Cena, if not an all-out heel. And definitely, Punk clocking Cena with the old title and then tossing it aside was awesome. I love the way he said "I want that one."

And to those who are b****ing and moaning, the belt looks way better than the Spinner and, for the record, it's called the WWE Championship for a reason, and the design reflects that. It also puts it in a similar league with the WHC.

23. cyclone

cyclone Well-Known Member

Just caught up with Raw from last night.

I do hope the Cena vs Punk match next week ends in a draw or something similar. Rock vs Cena II is just not interesting to me, and I think the end result of that match is blindingly obvious. Having a triple threat match would definitely make it more exciting and a better match to watch. I expect, if Undertaker isn't cleared to make Mania, then it'll be a triple threat match (Cena will still win). If Taker is cleared to fight at Mania, then I think Cena beats Punk next week. Ironically, if Taker vs Punk happens, it'll probably be a more exciting match and more people will be looking forward to it than the 2 Championship matches combined!

Speaking of the other Championship.... Swagger vs Del Rio?! Really!? No one cares about Swagger, and Del Rio is hardly a huge star now. Seems an odd choice. I'd guess though, that Ziggler will cash in at Wrestlemania and win.

Love The Shield at the moment. Ambrose is awesome. Reigns seems to be a bit 'Hulk' like, whereby he's the big wrecking machine who doesn't say too much, aside from; "Believe in the Shield!" They're a good, tight-knit unit though, and that works really well. I'm glad Vince hasn't buried them.....yet. King's comment about 'know no one knows how to beat them' (or words to that effect) was interesting. I suspect to beat them, someone will have to fight dirty, and take them out one at a time backstage or whatever, so they're not able to fight as a 3 in their matches. I really like them though, they bring a lot and they're pretty over with the fans. Rollins' knee to Jericho was sweet! Guy came from nowhere and just nailed him.

Dream Mania Card
    Cena vs Rock
    Punk vs Taker
    Ziggler vs Del Rio
    Shield vs Sheamus, Ryback, Randy Orton - TLC Match
    Kaitlyn vs AJ
    And other matches I'm not really bothered about.....

Predicted Mania Card
    Cena vs Rock vs Punk
    Swagger vs Del Rio (Ziggler cashes in to win)
    Shield vs Sheamus, Ryback, and someone else, possibly leading to Shield being a kind of 'face' team, and either Ryback or maybe Orton if he's involved, turning heel.

24. TX85

TX85 Well-Known Member

-Looked at the Raw results and seems pretty meh/pfft to me,Although I liked what I read about Shield.

-Is Swagger's manager Dutch Mantel?

-I overall like the new WWE title But would prefer no diamonds

25. bullets

bullets bang bang

Yes.

I'm not sure what to make of that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.