If the Wrestling Thread wanted to dance, it'd get a date!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure what to make of that.

What I mean is now the WWE Title is a proper belt again. I hated that Spinner. And like the Big Gold Belt the new WWE Championship does have a "timeless" feel to it. We're never going to have another Winged Eagle, so this is as good as it gets for this era.

I would've preferred the return of the Winged or Gold Eagle, but I don't mind the new WWE Championship. It is a step up from the Bling Belt, which overstayed its welcome by about 5 years.

The new belt will look much better on different wrestlers/"superstars"now than the spinner/bling belts..Sucks Cena will test drive it for a while after Rock though

I bet if Punk was the one to debut the new belt everyone would be tripping over themselves to say awesome it is.

Nope, it still looks like a giant toy than something with prestige and value.

It's a desperate attempt to keep Del Rio pushed , but Swagger has no momentum. He was brought back out of nowhere with an undeveloped gimmick and rushed into the championship match. This is something that could of been a decent feud after a few months , but right now it's incredibly mediocre. How will they push the envelope without going too far? It's going to be a strange build-up and possible train wreck. I would of preferred anyone besides Kane or Swagger to win the chamber match last night. damn!

Swagger was doing fine until he became World Heavyweight Champion then creative made him serious and boring. Now to make things even worse upon his re-push, they somehow made him even MORE boring! The racial innuendos will just be a poor rehash from the Guerrero Vs. Layfield feud. Like I said, the new All-American American fu**ing sucks and it will be Del Rio's destiny to kick Jack Swagger's ash at Wrestlemania!

His size was fine for WM last year, it's just he jacked up for his recent movie roles. Unfortunately from what it sounds like its hindered his ability to perform in a match. His cardio has been neglected for mass.

Him gassing out is probably why the match went so slow. My buddy watching the show joked "Where's The Rock's stunt double when you need him?" :oldrazz:

The new belt is sh**. The same kind of blingy bulky crap the spinner belt was made of. It looks less gaudy but its still sucks. I'll say this: it does fit the times. Flashy but no quality or class.

And I was right when I told some of you guys not to jump the gun and get pissed at Cena for debuting the crappy new belt. Anno Domini was SO f***ing sure it would be Cena that he b***ed and moaned to high heaven. :doh: They actually had Rock bring it out months before most people expected.

Interesting thought. Does DDP deserve a WWE HoF slot?

Heck yeah. His WCW creds alone make him worthy. The days of doing something impoertant in WWE or even beign part of WWE at all are long since over. Seems like the WWE HOF honors anyone who has done anything in wrestling. Even if its someone from another company or from another country.

Originally Posted by UnionJack
Nope, it still looks like a giant toy than something with prestige and value.

Exactly. Its less bulky looking...and thats about all. It still looks like a gaudy piece of bling they stole froma rap video. The new title doesnt look liek it has any class or prestige. Its par for the course for the entire company though.

Originally Posted by Blackheart
Swagger was doing fine until he became World Heavyweight Champion then creative made him serious and boring. Now to make things even worse upon his re-push, they somehow made him even MORE boring! The racial innuendos will just be a poor rehash from the Guerrero Vs. Layfield feud. Like I said, the new All-American American fu**ing sucks and it will be Del Rio's destiny to kick Jack Swagger's ash at Wrestlemania!

Before he won the WHC Swagger was jobbed out and looked like a fool. Thats why putting the belt on him at the time was absurd.

Last edited:
I didn't mind it at the time since it was somebody new as a main eventer. However, they took away every aspect that I liked about him by turning him into a blatant Jericho clone before sticking him into a feud with The Big Show of all people that nobody care about. He couldn't even beat the Big Show before they pulled the plug on Swagger's reign. His booking as champion was completely unfair!

With that said, at least we had the Soaring Eagle mascot that I miss dearly. :(

Last edited:
Doesn't want a belt that looks like a toy....introduces new belt with custom made logos.

Rock Logic.

Exactly, Future. Someone said that if Punk had revealed the new belt we'd all love it? crap.

On the other side some of us could say if Cena had revealed the same belt some who like it now would think it was crap.

Or since Rock did they suddenly think its an ok design or "a proper belt again."

This thing looks like some sh** a rapper would wear around his wrist or on a chain around his neck. Not a dignified world title belt

New belt is a step up from the spinner belt but it still has those lame ash bling diamonds that only idiot rappers with jesus pieces would think were cool.

CM Punk saying "I Want That One" made me laugh. Reminded me of Andy and Lou from Little Britain.

The spinner worked for Cena with his awful rapper gimmick as it looks like the overpriced trash a rapper would buy.

So why make another just like it, like with all the new pop/urban music they use, its just dull and has no impact.

Also this new Thwagger gimmick is pushing it for PG, do kids really know nor care for illegal immigrants, and seems a little off for the E to do that gimmick when they love the Mexican fans so much, they give them a champ to please them for tours and merch.

Still unsure why they are making Miz look so tuff, he's beat and bashed up yet out does Cesaro who has had a good run and looked very strong.

New belt is a step up from the spinner belt but it still has those lame ash bling diamonds that only idiot rappers with jesus pieces would think were cool.

CM Punk saying "I Want That One" made me laugh. Reminded me of Andy and Lou from Little Britain.
Same. :funny:

really think with a few changes it could look realy good - lose the diamonds or at least 99% of them and put in an intricate background on the main plate (the red globe from the side panels would look good) then we'd have a nice looking belt

It does look about 10 times better than the leaked pics though and I do like the black gold style

has the rock now held 4 or 5 different designed wwe title belts? he's got to have the record?

Exactly, Future. Someone said that if Punk had revealed the new belt we'd all love it? crap.

On the other side some of us could say if Cena had revealed the same belt some who like it now would think it was crap.

Or since Rock did they suddenly think its an ok design or "a proper belt again."

This thing looks like some sh** a rapper would wear around his wrist or on a chain around his neck. Not a dignified world title belt
That's the essence of it. It's not all that much of a departure from the spinner belt so the reveal pretty much made all of Rock's speech null and void.

I actually think this is tackier than the spinner belt as the WWE logo and custom made logos are just SO obnoxious. They really missed an opportunity with this one. :csad:

Last edited:
Made a little edit of the new belt on my lunch.
Added a globe to try and improve the background.

GwbElKE.png

^feels more like a ic title

yeah i hate new belt it isn't any better than spinner belt

Also this new Thwagger gimmick is pushing it for PG, do kids really know nor care for illegal immigrants, and seems a little off for the E to do that gimmick when they love the Mexican fans so much, they give them a champ to please them for tours and merch.

Still unsure why they are making Miz look so tuff, he's beat and bashed up yet out does Cesaro who has had a good run and looked very strong.

I think they are trying to get Del Rio over, particularly with the hispanic audience, with him facing Swagger with his new gimmick. They want the gimmick and Swaggers talk to generate sympathy for and empathy with Del Rio among viewers.

Problem is they could split the audience even though Swagger is clearly supposed to be a heel and Del Rio a face. They'd better have a really good plan to have Swagger basically put down and alienate (no pun intended) the people his message might usually appeal to.

You need a talent like Straight Edge Savior Punk or a storyline like Bret Harts 1997 heel turn to make this work. Instances where things the heels say have some truth but the delivery is so vile and the messenger is so abrasive that it generates great heel heat.

I guess they are trying to get Miz over as a face to help his current run and sell his movie. Its silly though. Its such a sharp U turn from what he used to be.

That's the essence of it. It's not all that much of a departure from the spinner belt so the reveal pretty much made all of Rock's speech null and void.

I actually think this is tackier than the spinner belt as the WWE logo and custom made logos are just SO obnoxious. They really missed an opportunity with this one. :csad:

I think the new belt is a slight improvment but as other have said at least the old belt fit Cenas old character. This new belt doesn't really FIT anyone (but Cena! Again!). I could see Rock debuting a new belt that was very flamboyant but not in the same way Cena's style is.

In the past the old belts had a more universal compatibility with anyone who wore them. Not anymore. Someone like HHH or Punk look absurd walking around with Rocks new bling belt.

Like someone else said it IS time to update the WWE logo. The scratch logo looks so f***n dated now. In the PG era you'd think they would have changed it. That Attitude Era style logo sure doesnt mesh with what is essentially a belt made to sell cheaper replica belts and childrens toys. Thats really the reason the new belt looks the way it does. Just like UnionJack said.

It just shows that the titles (while always props) mean even LESS now than ever before and are simply even more blatantly props to move things along. The problem is no care is put into the storylines or the characters to make these current prop belts look important. Before they were at least treated with class and a sense of importance and their looks reflected that.

Even during the cartoonishness of the Rock'N'Wrestling Era and the New Generation, when you'd think the belts would look like toys, they didn't and were presented as more legit looking dignified prizes that the champions carried.

The new belt Rock unveiled represents the times alright: the very worst things about the the current WWE product.

The simple fact is that the new belt is geared towards marketing, advertisement and brand name recognition. It's probably one if the reasons why the Spinner stuck around for so long.

Made a little edit of the new belt on my lunch.
Added a globe to try and improve the background.

GwbElKE.png

Bit darker blue maybe on the globe but I like it.

The black backround on the face seems blank and it actually looks like a piece of wood that was just painted with black paint, was the first thing I thought. Maybe if it was an onyx opal type of background it'd look better to me, I don't know.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back