The Dark Knight If They Made a Collectors Edition with All the Swag

For me,if it wasn't obtained during the virals, it isn't real swag.

I totally agree. I mean to be honest I'd buy the thing if they sold it, but I'd be really annoyed. It's not that I'm ungrateful for getting any of my swag, but I had to earn it, and it would frustrate me to watch people be able to fork over a lot of money to get what I had to fork over a lot of time to get. I just think that we deserve to have tokens of our journey and it would frankly infuriate me if you could just buy them. That's what makes the swag so cool--you can't just buy it, you have to work for it, and if you see someone running around with a Harvey Dent button, we could all shout, one of us! One of us! I mean that's what this game is all about. If you could just turn around and buy it, it would lessen part of what makes this game so awesome.

On the other hand, if they felt like giving out NEW cool collector's edition-exclusive stuff, I'd totally fork over the cash, and I'd be happy about it. But, like I said, even if it was the old stuff, I'd fork over the cash...but I wouldn't be happy.

I totally agree. I mean to be honest I'd buy the thing if they sold it, but I'd be really annoyed. It's not that I'm ungrateful for getting any of my swag, but I had to earn it, and it would frustrate me to watch people be able to fork over a lot of money to get what I had to fork over a lot of time to get. I just think that we deserve to have tokens of our journey and it would frankly infuriate me if you could just buy them. That's what makes the swag so cool--you can't just buy it, you have to work for it, and if you see someone running around with a Harvey Dent button, we could all shout, one of us! One of us! I mean that's what this game is all about. If you could just turn around and buy it, it would lessen part of what makes this game so awesome.

On the other hand, if they felt like giving out NEW cool collector's edition-exclusive stuff, I'd totally fork over the cash, and I'd be happy about it. But, like I said, even if it was the old stuff, I'd fork over the cash...but I wouldn't be happy.

I agree - the only exception I'd make is in getting a deck of the Joker cards (by itself, anyway).

i would buy the special edition with some swag, but i really like the idea of having the viral swag being something special. so years from now we can all look back on this time and say YES ! i was THERE ! i fought the good fight. i would settle for a GOOD joker goon mask

It really depends on sweet the packaging and extra stuff not including the DvD is. 100 bucks is a lot of money to drop on a movie.

(I probably would buy it though)

As much as winning the swag myself makes me feel great I would probably buy it. Just because some of the stuff I lost out on. And plus, there are some DK fans who never got to play at all but would still like some awesome stuff.

I'd give in if it was the only way to get the two-disc edition.

I would settle for a deck of joker cards included with the DVD. Anything else would be of real interest only to the serious fans.

On a somewhat related note, if you haven't already heard, Hot Toys is making 1:6 scale Comic-Con dollars as accessories for their new Joker action figure. I guess that kind of counts as selling ARG swag, albeit in a miniaturized form:

http://2008reviews.figures.com/showphoto.php?photo=8837

Would you buy it?

I dont mean like the bowling ball, but everything within reason that has been with the virals so far (the fake IDs, the Gotham Times, the Vandalized GT, maybe a fake cell phone, a Harvey Dent button, etc.)

I mean maybe for $100 and you get a suitcase (like how the "Bladerunner" S.E. came) with all the viral swag that they could feasibly fit in there, or maybe even the "best of the best" stuff that came with the virals.

Lets just say it's $100 for such a collectors edition DVD. Would you pay for that, or just buy the regular DVD for $20 or whatever the retail price is gonna be for the regular dvd?

I would buy that without a second thought!:woot:

Let's say they didnt make a special edition DVD but I were to make a my own little "special edition" DVD pack which would include a joker ball(and bag), a few handful joker cards from the viral, all the Harvey Dent stuff including the 2 face burnt button and anything else that they have left to give us. I would even throw in the DVD. would anyone buy it?

Let's say they didnt make a special edition DVD but I were to make a my own little "special edition" DVD pack which would include a joker ball(and bag), a few handful joker cards from the viral, all the Harvey Dent stuff including the 2 face burnt button and anything else that they have left to give us. I would even throw in the DVD. would anyone buy it?

i know i would.

For sure i'd buy it. Easily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"