IGN - Spider-Man 3: 4th Worst Movie Of All-Time?

This is what happens when you let geeks vote in these kind of polls.

Just saw the whole list, Twilight at number 1? Batman and Robin at 2? Ridiculous

Last edited:
Spider-Man 3 and 4 was once planned to film together? Thought that was 4 and 5.

I read that in the "Making of Spider-man 3" book. It was a very real consideration,but I forget why they scrapped that idea.

I heard that originally, 3 and 4 were planned together. After SM3 was released, they had planned to make 4, 5 & 6... but Sam Raimi left, and we got a reboot.

I read that in the "Making of Spider-man 3" book. It was a very real consideration,but I forget why they scrapped that idea.

Yah, but that was back in the first stages when seeing if they could end the third film with a cliffhanger. Very, very early stages.

The third film should have either ended with Brock transforming into Venom, as seen in the bell tower scene, or with symbiote suited Spider-Man demonstrating how much stronger and faster he is during the final swing. That would have been so cool.

Really the overall movie wasn't that bad, just a huge letdown from the amazing second movie. It was just hit and miss really. And absolutely not the 4th worst movie of all time.

I still wish they would've filmed parts 3 and 4 together like they planned. Symbiote in 3 and Venom in 4.
Excatly that would of made 3 feel less crowed with villains and Venom less rushed. But I know Raimi would of hated having a movie with Venom as the only villain. Honestly if he didn't like Venom so much why didn't he just put his foot down and say no or leave the film crew all together when the symbiote story was being considered.

Excatly that would of made 3 feel less crowed with villains and Venom less rushed. But I know Raimi would of hated having a movie with Venom as the only villain. Honestly if he didn't like Venom so much why didn't he just put his foot down and say no or leave the film crew all together when the symbiote story was being considered.

The studio pays the bills. He didn't have that power.

This is what happens when you let geeks vote in these kind of polls.

Just saw the whole list, Twilight at number 1? Batman and Robin at 2? Ridiculous

Geeks must have very short term memories.

To say SM3 is worse than crap like Steel, Tank Girl, or a host of other titles I could name is absolutely ridiculous. But polls such as this so easily invites criticism. And for good reason!

The studio pays the bills. He didn't have that power.

And sadly, as how much I would have wanted him to walk off, he was signed to direct a third film, unless there is a way he could've walked without being sued or what have you for being under contract.

Of the 25 movies listed, Spider-Man 3's spot is well deserved.

And sadly, as how much I would have wanted him to walk off, he was signed to direct a third film, unless there is a way he could've walked without being sued or what have you for being under contract.

I guess he didn't sign a contract for more movies before walking away from Spider-Man 4.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"