I'm in love with Raven

The thing is, she is a cartoon character, and hot is a strong word to describe someone...

^ Will oyu leave them alone? It's their opinion if they think that character is hot. It's their opinion so just drop it. Jeez...

AlphaEden said:
No, you are sick, it's a CARTOON

Okay, now I'm not "In Love" with Raven, I'm a girl. I do know someone who is in love with her and I'd like to say something.

It's not sick. If something LOOKS like a real human and BEHAVES like a real human then what's wrong with it. People have seen paintings in art galleries and thought they were 'hot', what's the difference? Raven has nice clothes, nice hair, a nice voice, she's also got a real personality. She's not just a drawing, she's a literary creation that someone has made, she has likes, dislikes, and personality quirks. She's real, just not in the same way as a person is.

And yeah, I speak from experience. I happen to be 'in love' with a certain BTAS character. I can't help it. The drawing style is quite realistic, so he looks like a real man. The voice acting is superb, so he talks like a real man. He's exceptionally well written and fabricated, so he has the personality of a real man. And if he existed the same way that most people do, then I'd probably ask him out. It's sad, but because he LOOKS real, SOUNDS real, and BEHAVES in a manner that is very convincing, he's almost real. They may be just drawings, illusions of life created by artists and writers, but sometimes they're so convincing that we can't help but feel for them the way we feel for real people. Now THAT is a sign of good characterisation.

True and though I respect your opinion, others might disagree, as AlphaEden noted above.

True, true. I didn't mean to be so OTT. It's just I've been in a bad mood lately, and I didn't like how people were flaming that guy. As long as it's harmless and he doesn't do anything weird, I think it's fine.

By the way, it was me they were flaming as they seem to not like the way I write and expect me to give up my "incorrect opinion" (How in the bloody hell can you have an incorrect opinion when an opinion is essentially your beliefs?), just 'cause they want to prove me wrong or something like that. Of course, they say, "the reason we are arguing is 'cause he posts incorrect facts--even though he (meaning me) doesn't even say they are fact--and we think he sucks"...

You are some piece of work, you know that? Myst obviously wasn't talking about you getting flamed by us, seeing as how

1) You don't think cartoons characters should be looked at that way

2) If she was talking about you, then she wouldn't have said "that guy". The ****ing world doesn't revolve around you.

And once again, shut the **** up 'cause you basically twisted our reasons for arguing with you. Their are such things as inncorrect opinions. Like yours, for instance:

"I think that all the universe are connected." You can think that. Go ahead. But don't start providing "proof" that they are when they aren't. Especially made up facts (Wally lost his powers and got them again as an adult). THAT is not an opinion. THAT, is what I call an inncorrect opinion. You're just making up "facts" to make yourself look right 'cause you can't stand to be wrong, obviously. However, jay, hunter, and I (including a few others) provide non made up facts that counterattack your own, and then you catch a hissy fit and start whining back like we can't change your opinion. 2 things:

1) Opinions can be changed.

2) We're not trying to change your opinions, we're trying to correct the VERY false facts that you use to justify your opinion. In fact, WHY would you need facts to justify your opinion if it's your opinion?

When you were thinking that the universes were connected, you didn't say I think they are; you said they ARE because of some made up bull**** called "The Lost Years". The Lost Years never ****ing happened in the animated series, at all. Drop it already.
Stop always whining to someone telling them that we keep flaming you when you very well deserve it. ****ing people these days.

The Lost Years did happen, as there was a breif period when Dick was seperated from Bruce before he became Nightwing (and showed up to welcome Tim as the new Robin b. Of course, some people think that Dick went college and traveled the world like Bruce did, and yet, still others disagree. I, on the one hand, feel Dick was with the Titans during this time. But, that's just my opinion and I could very well be wrong, as I said a few times before when I put my "incorrect opinion" (How can you have an incorrect opinion when it is your beliefs?).

You cant have an opinion when something is fact assface. Its fact Dick went to college and travelled the world. There is no Titans in Timmverse. How stupid are you.

It's not fact Dick traveled the world. King Ruler told me so.

First off (how many times do I need to tell you this) dont hide behind other people. Second, its canon. Read one of his TNBA bios. They always say he just came back from traveling the world. If you watched the show you'd know that.

Raven#1 said:
It's not fact Dick traveled the world. King Ruler told me so.

Slander! ****ing slander, I swear! I never siad that. I said Dick never met the Titans while travelling the world. He DID ****ing travel the world. How about you watch some of the ****ing cartoons before you post something like that again.

Bastiches these days, I swear to gawd.

King Ruler said:
You are some piece of work, you know that? Myst obviously wasn't talking about you getting flamed by us, seeing as how

1) You don't think cartoons characters should be looked at that way

2) If she was talking about you, then she wouldn't have said "that guy". The ****ing world doesn't revolve around you.

And once again, shut the **** up 'cause you basically twisted our reasons for arguing with you. Their are such things as inncorrect opinions. Like yours, for instance:

"I think that all the universe are connected." You can think that. Go ahead. But don't start providing "proof" that they are when they aren't. Especially made up facts (Wally lost his powers and got them again as an adult). THAT is not an opinion. THAT, is what I call an inncorrect opinion. You're just making up "facts" to make yourself look right 'cause you can't stand to be wrong, obviously. However, jay, hunter, and I (including a few others) provide non made up facts that counterattack your own, and then you catch a hissy fit and start whining back like we can't change your opinion. 2 things:

1) Opinions can be changed.

2) We're not trying to change your opinions, we're trying to correct the VERY false facts that you use to justify your opinion. In fact, WHY would you need facts to justify your opinion if it's your opinion?

When you were thinking that the universes were connected, you didn't say I think they are; you said they ARE because of some made up bull**** called "The Lost Years". The Lost Years never ****ing happened in the animated series, at all. Drop it already.
Stop always whining to someone telling them that we keep flaming you when you very well deserve it. ****ing people these days.

Sorry to interrupt you guys, but yeah. I wasn't talking about Raven. I was talking about whoever started the thread and said he was 'in love' with Raven.

Though frankly, I don't think he should have said it here, I think he should have gone to a fansite. Because in a huge board like this, there are bound to be at least twenty people who'll call you nuts, so it would have been better to go to a fansite like ravenrules.com *(don't know it that's a real site).

I don't think it's exactly 'normal' to look at animated characters that way, but I've experienced it too so I know what he's going through.

And, and this is just my opinion and it may be incorrect, but I'm pretty sure Timm didn't take Titans into aco**** when he made his universe, that would been very ambitious and then he probably would've created a Tenn Titans cartoon, which would be cool, but it didn't happen.

But lots of things are different about Timmverse, it was slimmed down, like 'The Laughing Fish' for example. It's just how Timm interprets his characters.

I do not mean to get off topic but whatever happen to the guy who started this theed ? I think he only posted one thing and that was the one that started this theed.

King Ruler said:
Not to sound rude, but does it really matter?
I for one think it does, I susperct he just posted that to get loads of replies and to make me admit my peculaiar attraction to a certain BTAS character who is 5"9 and has blonde hair.

i believe he posted twice, once as a thread sarter, and later on to further proclaim his love to our fave little cartoon goth goddess.

...just in case you REALLY wanted to know...

corvus_luna said:
i believe he posted twice, once as a thread sarter, and later on to further proclaim his love to our fave little cartoon goth goddess.

...just in case you REALLY wanted to know...

Yes...it is my life's ambition to monitor that poster's every move. In fact, I'm using a high-tec tracking software to find out where his nearest KFC is.

That was sarcasm btw, but thanks for the info.

corvus_luna said:
you're welcome, i think...
did i piss you off or was that a joke?

Chill, chill. I'm just feeling a little testy today, but I was honest about the info, I truly believed that he started this thread just for attention.

i'm not upset, i just didn't mean to make you upset. and if i did i wanted to apologize. but i guess we're cool. and i have to agree with the attention seeking thing

icon10.gif
- Hey guys!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"