• Secure your account

    A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

  • Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I'm still looking forward to this movie

Weadazoid

Sidekick
Joined
Mar 14, 2005
Messages
4,046
Reaction score
0
Points
31
OK so we have all read a few bad things, but interlaced within the bad are some very postive things as well. Not only am I still looking forward to it I can pretty much Garauntee there are alot of others.


From what I have read posiedon is getting terrible reviews. I have predicted from the get go that Posiedon will bomb, I think the box office hit an unusual spring low this weekend. I even think there is a chance with these reviews.


"action" is a big part of what a summer block buster must have, and clearly MI3 was not the "action movie of this May opening.

Posiedon won't be either... it will probubly be a light first or a close second.


Is the Da Vinchi Code the "action movie of the summer? Probubly not from what I have seen, this movie will do well but with Kiddie competion from over the Hedge it "may not even dominate" the box office. I say this only because look at the huge opening for Ice age which seemed to look.... well not as interesting or as bright as the colors and effects one see with over the Hedge.


I still hope X men 3 is a good movie from what I have seen... and it is alot, I want to see it still. I have read the "mdiocre AICN review." I have also read a nice little review from that Pheonix girl on here... (Good stuff by the way). But in the end the pro's matter and I think it will get a Fresh review from tally review spots like Rotten Tamatoes. Even the negative things I have seen have silver linnings of interest.


I still feel this movie will be the "it" movie of May.... and that tends to generate alot of Box office appeal. I really hope this isn't the last we see of the X men, there are still so many interesting stories to be told.

Ratner seems to have got that feel right at least..... it feels simmilar to what we have already seen.
 
yeah man, i do look forward to it as well. it will kick ass over these over movies comin out.
 
of course, i am too MAJORLY, im just really put off by certain things, main thing being the RUNTIME, i just want it to last longer...... other then that, sheesh im pumped!

the clip of the main theme given over at the music thread has risen my pumped facter at LEAST 40% if not more, the music is beutiful..... i just wish i could hear more!!
 
i thought it would have been at least 2 hrs. its all good, its the xmen!
 
i dont like the phoenix review!!!!!!!! the movie cant be like that! i imagine something totally different
 
kinda like truth denial huh? thats the way its gunna turn out. wait till we see it, should be better.
 
From what I have seen thus far Wolverine is going to be getting chears once again


Again the idea here for me anyway is to just talk about some of the things I have seen thus far that really make me interested





Pyro is off the chain, finaly we get to see the evil like man we all grew up with in the comics.

Wolverine will be getting mad pops once again fom the audience clealry he is the guy to still really chear for in this flick, the yahoo clip on him really had me pumped He can be such a straight ahead danger. the best at what he does and it aint nice.

The rages that will go on in this movie will be the talk of Memorial day weekend.
 
I am still looking forward to this movie too .... I will get a big tub of popcorn and a large diet drink and then after the movie is over, I will do something amazing and spectacular .... I will get on with my life. :)
 
Skullbearer said:
I am still looking forward to this movie too .... I will get a big tub of popcorn and a large diet drink and then after the movie is over, I will do something amazing and spectacular .... I will get on with my life. :)


DING DING DING!!!

We have a winner!!!!

Isn't that really what we are supposed to do after all? It's just a movie. Entertainment. If you like it, great. If you don't, well, there is always another movie coming out to watch.

I've said it before here. After the last two presidential elections, I felt down, depressed, mad, but you know what? The next day, I got up, ate breakfast and went on with my day. And quite frankly, there was a hell of a lot more riding on that election than whether or not a fictional character dies.
 
yeah man, this has been consuming lots of people. but its kool
 
I am thoroughly convinced that the world will continue to spin on it's axis after May 26th as well.

(and it better, my sister is getting married on May 27!)

It was one of my best friend's birthdays this week--she's not so much an X-Men fan, but after seeing Hugh Jackman on Broadway a few times, she'd pay to watch him read the phone book.

Anyway, for her birthday, I got one of the Wolverine slurpee cups at 7-11, and put a gift card for the movie theater inside--and told her to pick a night, and we'll go see X3 together.

She was PSYCHED! We're going, and we're going to have a GOOD time! :)

(and when one of her other friends saw the Slurpee cup, she yelled "X-MEN! I can't wait for that!!)
 
Weadazoid said:
From what I have seen thus far Wolverine is going to be getting chears once again


Again the idea here for me anyway is to just talk about some of the things I have seen thus far that really make me interested





Pyro is off the chain, finaly we get to see the evil like man we all grew up with in the comics.

Wolverine will be getting mad pops once again fom the audience clealry he is the guy to still really chear for in this flick, the yahoo clip on him really had me pumped He can be such a straight ahead danger. the best at what he does and it aint nice.

The rages that will go on in this movie will be the talk of Memorial day weekend.

Gotta say I agree with every thing you said :)
 
I'm looking forward to seeing Kelsey Grammar as Beast, and Iceman's beefed up roll. Also Ian McKellum looks like he's going to carry this movie. Other than that, I've not been impressed with this movie.

Aside from the obvious contraversial things, the dialogue in this movie makes the Phantom Menace look like Shakespear.
 
danoyse said:
I am thoroughly convinced that the world will continue to spin on it's axis after May 26th as well.

(and it better, my sister is getting married on May 27!)

It was one of my best friend's birthdays this week--she's not so much an X-Men fan, but after seeing Hugh Jackman on Broadway a few times, she'd pay to watch him read the phone book.

Anyway, for her birthday, I got one of the Wolverine slurpee cups at 7-11, and put a gift card for the movie theater inside--and told her to pick a night, and we'll go see X3 together.

She was PSYCHED! We're going, and we're going to have a GOOD time! :)

(and when one of her other friends saw the Slurpee cup, she yelled "X-MEN! I can't wait for that!!)

well thats sweet. Glad to hear that! i have no clue what plans im making yet...lol
 
Jan Irisi said:
DING DING DING!!!

We have a winner!!!!

Isn't that really what we are supposed to do after all? It's just a movie. Entertainment. If you like it, great. If you don't, well, there is always another movie coming out to watch.



Yup. true. Life must go on and another great film will be here to keep our hopes up. Exaclty one year from now I think that epic movie we have been waiting for will be here. A move that will be 2hr+, very dramatic and i'm sure it will have cool l speical effects and action as this movie is projected to cost $250 million which is the highest of any movie to this date. Another film from the Marvel Universe. I think we all know. :) So lets not worry and accept the Last Stand for what it is. Surely this is not the the end of the X Men franchise with the spinoffs and possible 4th. I think we should all support this film as much getting it a lot of profit so that we can expect a 4th film. If FOX and others distributors see that The X Men films are still popular among the genreal population we will surley see a 4th film i believe. :)
 
Thanks Weed...we needed a positive thread.
 
chaseter said:
Thanks Weed...we needed a positive thread.


Yeah, but give it time. It'll turn to crap just like all the rest of them........
 
X-Men 3 gets a big 'meh' from me. I mean looking at all the TV spots and clips it looks awesome but then someone who saw it talks about all the bad things that are in it. So basically everything about this movie is just cancelling out.
 
Gilpesh said:
X-Men 3 gets a big 'meh' from me. I mean looking at all the TV spots and clips it looks awesome but then someone who saw it talks about all the bad things that are in it. So basically everything about this movie is just cancelling out.


Wow, we didn't even make it off the first page. :o Unless you've seen the film, how are you in a position to give a "big meh"? Never give others the power over your opinion. Judge for yourself. That way, if it sucks or is brilliant, it will be such for reasons you understand.

Anyway, I agree with you Jan Irisi.
 
Keeping it positive ..... Woot! Going to have a Xcellent time at the theater. Squished down in my chair enjoying all the sights and sounds that is X-men! :D

Then maybe after its over ... go see Over The Hedge .... yeah that's the ticket.
 
Lets see adding up all the clips and trailors and other things, we may have seen 12-15 mins of a almost 2 hour movie .... wow .... sheesh (Sarcasm Alert) I feel like I seen the ENTIRE thing. What will I do now? (Sarcasm off) :)

th_DEVILpopcorn.png
 
Gilpesh said:
X-Men 3 gets a big 'meh' from me. I mean looking at all the TV spots and clips it looks awesome but then someone who saw it talks about all the bad things that are in it. So basically everything about this movie is just cancelling out.



wow... So some people say some bad things eh...


I can remember for X1 some reviewers hated the movie they hated stroms Corny line to Toad..... and that reocuring what happens to question and theame.


I will wait until the many...not the few have had a chance to see and give reviews of this flick.
 
Lightning Strikez! said:
Wow, we didn't even make it off the first page. :o Unless you've seen the film, how are you in a position to give a "big meh"? Never give others the power over your opinion. Judge for yourself. That way, if it sucks or is brilliant, it will be such for reasons you understand.

Anyway, I agree with you Jan Irisi.

I am not bashing the film or making a judgement on the final cut. Just saying that my looking foward to it equates to saying 'meh.'
 
Magneto, mystique, Angel and colossus look like the best things about this movie. I wanna see it just for them, and ignore everything else.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"