I'm thinking more and more we will get the cartoon origin of Venom...

I don't mind. I liked the cartoon origin.

Rac said:
I don't mind. I liked the cartoon origin.
Same here... I also love the way the animated Spider-man brought the symbiote to Earth... Via Ship (Carrying John Jameson) good writers... :spidey:

TheFlyinRussian said:
Ultimate Venom is perfect. They could get into Peter's parents a bit, I don't think they've been mentioned yet in the movies. If they don't want to touch up on that yet then have Connors make it. The ultimate version was MEANT to cure cancer, but it was only in its beginning stages. Having the symbiote being attached to a meteor that is just randomly found by PP is too lazy. I would be okay with JJ with it on the shuttle that crashes idea but then if they discovered it, wouldn't the message have been reported back to Earth that alien life has been found and it's this gooey black thing? Once SM found it and it attached to him it would be a 24/7 city wide chase to find that weirdo in tights that stole the alien.

You've obviously never seen the cartoon. What happens is this....After Spidey saves JJ and the shuttle he lands in the water below. The as he's stepping out of the water he notices what he thinks is oil or sludge on him and says "Hudson River pollution. Rich, thick, creamy". :) But it's the symbiote. He wipes it off and goes about his business. Then it attaches itself to Peter while he's sleeping.

So it's not like there's a huge media blitz surrounding an "alien" from space. Nobody even sees or knows about the symbiote.

^Sorry if I got the cartoon story mixed up, I was pretty young the last time I saw the episode. But if the symbiote did sneakily attach itself to the shuttle, in this day and age they would be able to detect another life form on the ship, right?

TheFlyinRussian said:
^Sorry if I got the cartoon story mixed up, I was pretty young the last time I saw the episode. But if the symbiote did sneakily attach itself to the shuttle, in this day and age they would be able to detect another life form on the ship, right?
Only if it had a pulse... Whats to say this symbiote is beyond that? :spidey:

Spidey Zombie, I see your a fan of Marvel Zombies too:up::up::up:
have you heard of walking dead?

Ahhh, my 100th post. I had to make sure it was in THIS forum. :)

TheFlyinRussian said:

Comics aren't supposed to be taken logically...that's unless you want to count Nolan's "Batman Begins" lol.

I think the cartoon Venom origin would be perfect to intertwine into Sandman's origin. All you got to do is replace Rhino with Sandman. You don't have to have Harry replacing Kingpin. Just have it where like the Venom cartoon origin Spidey was facing three villains: Venom, Rhino, and Shocker, but this time it's Venom, Sandman, and Green Goblin and than you have the mysterious 4th villain who in the cartoon was Wilson Fisk, but in this it can be virtually anybody. :venom::gg: :bomb:

I'm not saying it wouldn't be a bad story, it would be great, but it's hard to picture them having the symbiote as an alien.

TheFlyinRussian said:
I'm not saying it wouldn't be a bad story, it would be great, but it's hard to picture them having the symbiote as an alien.

We've got 3 Venom origins to pick from: Secret Wars, the 90's cartoon and Ultimate. We know Secret Wars isn't happening and (to me) the Ultimate "cancer" storyline seemed like it would require too much backstory/screen time to be possible in '3'. That's why I hoped we would see the 90's cartoon origin since we've already been introduced to JJ as an astronaut in '2'. It just makes perfect sense to me. The shuttle crash/rescue sequence could happen in less than 10 minutes of screen time.

Yes the symbiote is an alien and you're going to have to expect the audience to suspend belief in regards to the whole alien/human race thing. But if you're going to bring Venom into the picture here I can't see Raimi NOT making the symbiote an alien. First and foremost you've got to show respect to the true origins of this character and to the fans who know it's history.

TheFlyinRussian said:

In the animated series, JJ found a rock on the moon that appeared to be 'bleeding' turned out to be promethiumx. the rock's blood, was infact the symbiote. The guys on the ship didn't know that, and were attacked by a weird ooze. JJ was in shock, and went to the hospital. it was like a week before he started talking, and mentioned the ooze to JJJ.

-syn

Maybe they could have it like a liquid sort of thing. Have it as a newly discovered element instead of an alien. The shuttle crashes, Spidey saves the astronauts and takes a sample for himself. He discovers it can heal you somehow, injects it into himself. Instead his hormones and emotions go out of whack. When you're sad you feel horrible. When you're tired you feel completely drained. When you're angry you're out of control. Just throwin' it out there.

I'd be happy if they just gave a plausible explanation for how the symbiote arrived. If it's going to be the cancer suit, I won't be pleased. Like I posted before I'm all for it being an alien, just so long as they don't rip off Alien while doing so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"