The Dark Knight I'm worried the villains are going to steal the show again

We've had a million of these threads. Ra's/Scarecrow/Falcone/Rachel were all villains and their screentime was perfectly balanced in BB.

Nolan's films aren't villain showcases like B89 or BR.

We've had a million of these threads. Ra's/Scarecrow/Falcone/Rachel were all villains and their screentime was perfectly balanced in BB.

Let's hope he changes that with TDK. Lol.

Joker *needs* to steal the show. It's what he does. If not, then Heath has failed.

when you say generally given you mean tim burton's batman movie? and then a couple stories that followed? it's not jack. a couple of writers may have used the name, but it has never been accepted. by this time a couple writers have used the cut smile, good luck trying to convince people joker officially has one now (cut smile was also included in batman 89 =Þ)
Watch B89 again, Burton's Joker does not have a cut smile. The bullets goes through his cheeks, and the reconstructive surgery he has, lifts the cheeks over the bullet holes to seal them - resulting in the Joker's smile.

And well, to me he will always be Jack before he became the Joker. The name fits. I accept it. I don't know why people are making such a fuss over a name. He must have had one prior to becoming the Joker, parents don't name their kids 'Joker'. There's no point giving him a new one, and if Nolan does give the Joker an origin story in TDK or in the third film where his old name is used, then it should be Jack. But I won't lose sleep over it if it isn't. I'm not going to scoop to arguing with comic fanboys about what a fictional character's name really is. It's a pointless argument, like arguing the Burton vs. Nolan debate. There is no right or wrong answer.

For everyone thinking that Joker's real name isn't Jack just check out the comic Hush Returns. In the comic, you'll see a flashback in which Joker's origin is told.

JACK is his real name and his wife's name was Jeannie.

Case closed. Enough said.

For everyone thinking that Joker's real name isn't Jack just check out the comic Hush Returns. In the comic, you'll see a flashback in which Joker's origin is told.

Actually, case IS NOT closed. There are about a half a dozen origins for the Joker in various comics. Hush Returns, though I've never read it, is not a definitive origin. For some people, they may write the Joker to be named Jack, but the majority of writers never gave him that name, it was given after B89, which isn't even that faithful to the comics. I've never even heard mention of Joker having a wife, let alone her name being Jeannie, so while you may think the Joker's name is Jack in every incarnation, I would doubt the writers of TDK are giving him that name, let alone a name at all, other than the Joker.

Lol I almost missed that at first.

I Think we need to see more of Joker in this film, cuz in the last one there wasn't enough of the Villain, and we saw Plenty enough of Batman/Bruce, so there should be more Joker then Batman

That mere little Joker card stole the show for me at the end of BB.
I can't wait to see what happens when the man in purple himself appears on screen in TDK.

This isn't Joker Begins.
it isn't batman begins anymore either. as long as there's a strong story, both batman and joker have a strong presence throughout, and i can feel the development in the characters, i could care less who gets more screen time:yay:

His name is not Jack.

Everyone who isn't a n00b knows for sure that the Joker's real name is Joseph Kerr!

it isn't batman begins anymore either. as long as there's a strong story, both batman and joker have a strong presence throughout, and i can feel the development in the characters, i could care less who gets more screen time:yay:

For shizzle.

Everyone who isn't a n00b knows for sure that the Joker's real name is Joseph Kerr! .
looks like you're th n00b jimmy:ninja:
everyone knows the joker's real name is bumblebutt fishtybums

2 kudos to first person to get that reference

I Guess he got mixed up with Jack Nicholson or Jack Napier (Red Hood)

And tell us, Sherlock - didn't Red Hood become the Joker in the first origin account (Detective Comics #168 (February 1951))? So really, I don't know what there is to get 'mixed up' about people thinking that the Joker's name is indeed Jack.

I'm sorry, but apart from Hannibal Lecter and a choice few the Joker is the only villains who deserves to steal the show, no other Batman villain can do that so I wouldn't be too dissapointed if he did. We had a whole movie all about Bruce last time. This one can be half Bruce half Joker and the next one will continue with mostly Bruce and some Two-Face.

The title's the dark knight. I believe Bruce and his alter ego is still the man in part 2.

But i want people to walk away from the film thinking that the joker is as great as batman, unlike batman begins (w/c i love to death) where the villains did not come close in matching the greatness of bats.

It amuses me how some guy that I've never met before can say this and automatically assume I will follow his directions. :whatever: And I am one of the ones that agree that the Joker should never be given a definitive origin before the whole Red Hood and Chemical Bath thing.

The Joker is never officially named. He himself has said that his origin changes day by day
"Sometimes i remember it one way, sometimes another"

I agree with you, even though I seem to be one of the few people who thinks that Keaton held his own in front of Jack back in 89.

I too thought Keaton was the best Batman (after Bale, whom I personally think is lightyears better), yet still the Joker was all people were talking about... It's not gonna be any different with the new movie. All have been introduced to Bale as Batman now, and we know he rocks!... Heath as the Joker will be a new edition and he'll be shocking for most, in the way he'll play this psycho. He WILL be what every one is gonna talk about, it's almost for surden.

Villains like Joker should be used sparingly, in the comics he's been overused and become less imtimidating (not to mention less interesting) as a result.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"