In an all out battle between Prime and KC Supes, who would win?

Miss Webb

Sidekick
Reaction score
Just based on what we know now. I think it would be a draw with Prime in his current mode. But if he reverts back I'd go with KC...

Now this is assuming KC Supes is the equivalent of Kal-L, which we don't know yet. He seemed to drag the JSA (including Kara) around pretty good. :wow:

KC Superman = Superman Prime (DC 1,000,000) or close to it.

Just based on what we know now. I think it would be a draw with Prime in his current mode. But if he reverts back I'd go with KC...

Now this is assuming KC Supes is the equivalent of Kal-L, which we don't know yet. He seemed to drag the JSA (including Kara) around pretty good. :wow:

I don't get it? Prime in his current mode? He's always been a planet-moving world-wreaking crazy F**k since he first appeared in infinite crisis. He really never got any stronger.

Also were did you get the Kal-L comparison from? Kal-L is probably weaker than new earth Supes. KC Superman is probably Superior to our Superman if we go by what Kingdom come has told us but DC will have to do some serious jobbing for him to win.

Prime just got blown up by one of the guardians and survived, so theres no way he would lose.

I don't get it? Prime in his current mode? He's always been a planet-moving world-wreaking crazy F**k since he first appeared in infinite crisis. He really never got any stronger.

Also were did you get the Kal-L comparison from? Kal-L is probably weaker than new earth Supes. KC Superman is probably Superior to our Superman if we go by what Kingdom come has told us but DC will have to do some serious jobbing for him to win.

It's a small comparison and like I said, not much to go on. In the pages of JSA when KC Supes went to save a girl, the league gang jumped him but he got through them all anyway. There was a varient cover showing this (with an unflattering pose of Ma Hunkel).

As far as Kal-L being weaker, there's a lot of inconsistency about that. Pre COIE, yeah. But later his power was 'upped' to match that of Silver Age Supes (they fought once to a standstill). There's a lot of arguing about the continuity of this.

PrimeIssue01.jpg

:huh:

It's a small comparison and like I said, not much to go on. In the pages of JSA when KC Supes went to save a girl, the league gang jumped him but he got through them all anyway. There was a varient cover showing this (with an unflattering pose of Ma Hunkel).

As far as Kal-L being weaker, there's a lot of inconsistency about that. Pre COIE, yeah. But later his power was 'upped' to match that of Silver Age Supes (they fought once to a standstill). There's a lot of arguing about the continuity of this.

seems like you are a bit confused. Pre COIE Superman IS the Silver-age Superman(actually more precisely the bronze age superman also). In nearly ever encounter they it was said that Earth 1 Superman was vastly superior in power to his earth 2 counterpart and the Kal-El of earth 1 always held back in their encounters. Kal-EL was a kid who was moving planets at speeds a million times times that of light around the cosmos effortlessly while Kal-L could only run as fast as a train and couldn't even fly yet as an adult.

Kal-L admitted any times that even in his prime he could not match Kal-El's power. The only advantage he had on Kal-El was that he was bio-powered as he come from a krypton where everyone alread had powers and his where only strengthened by Earth's lesser Gravity(at least formerly which was retconned recently) whereas Kal-El depended on our yellow Sun. However around the time of COIE Kal-El had already subtly been powered down over the years. During the Crisis Kal-L had shown to be more powerful than before but he has never been the Planet-moving time traveling Superman that Kal-El of earth one was.

Now, due to the people behind infinite crisis being dumb enough to forget their own rules our Kal-El is technically Kal-El of Earth 1(or he was at least until new earth was created) and not the Kal-El of post-crisis earth as he should have been. So technically it is Kal-El who should STILL be superior but infinite crisis CLEARLY showed that they were equals and even further more they COMPLETELY showed that Kal-el of earth prime is the superior both Supermen.

seems like you are a bit confused. Pre COIE Superman IS the Silver-age Superman(actually more precisely the bronze age superman also). In nearly ever encounter they it was said that Earth 1 Superman was vastly superior in power to his earth 2 counterpart and the Kal-El of earth 1 always held back in their encounters. Kal-EL was a kid who was moving planets at speeds a million times times that of light around the cosmos effortlessly while Kal-L could only run as fast as a train and couldn't even fly yet as an adult.

Kal-L admitted any times that even in his prime he could not match Kal-El's power. The only advantage he had on Kal-El was that he was bio-powered as he come from a krypton where everyone alread had powers and his where only strengthened by Earth's lesser Gravity(at least formerly which was retconned recently) whereas Kal-El depended on our yellow Sun. However around the time of COIE Kal-El had already subtly been powered down over the years. During the Crisis Kal-L had shown to be more powerful than before but he has never been the Planet-moving time traveling Superman that Kal-El of earth one was.

Now, due to the people behind infinite crisis being dumb enough to forget their own rules our Kal-El is technically Kal-El of Earth 1(or he was at least until new earth was created) and not the Kal-El of post-crisis earth as he should have been. So technically it is Kal-El who should STILL be superior but infinite crisis CLEARLY showed that they were equals and even further more they COMPLETELY showed that Kal-el of earth prime is the superior both Supermen.

1460.gif

There's an interesting debate on this topic over at CBR FORUMS. There's a thread called Compare/Contrast: Kal-L and KC Superman

I believe Lex Luthor in KC said that KC Superman has been absorbing Yellow Sunlight for so many years that he's so powerful that Kryptonite no longer harms him.

He survived a Kryptonite Enhanced Nuclear bomb blast at nearly ground zero, a bomb so strong as to wipe out 95% of the Superhero population, save those who were protected by Alan Scott's bubble.

I don't even want KC Superman to be like crazy more powerful than Prime. I would be happy if we just saw Prime try to throw a punch and KC Supes catch it and then throw him through a mountain. haha.

I don't even want KC Superman to be like crazy more powerful than Prime. I would be happy if we just saw Prime try to throw a punch and KC Supes catch it and then throw him through a mountain. haha.

I was about to agree with this and then I realized oh wait, Superman isn't Goku, and I would actually prefer him not to be.

KC Supes is easily more powerful than standard Supes, but I doubt he's Prime level of power.

He withstood a nuclear bomb blanket strike (which wasn't K-powered), but I think standard Supe's can take that. And Alan seemed to be able to defend against it, which doesn't mean he's more powerful with age, it just simply means he could do that even now if he had to. Where Prime was capable of shattering a wall of collective energy of the entire GL Corps. like it was nothing.

KC Supes also seemed to still have physical trouble fighting Captain Marvel (without the Shazam powered lightning), where Prime would have absolutely none.

EDIT: I forgot, Kal didn't get hit at ground zero, Marvel sacrificed himself high in the air to keep it from killing absolutely everything.

KC Supes is easily more powerful than standard Supes, but I doubt he's Prime level of power.

He withstood a nuclear bomb blanket strike (which wasn't K-powered), but I think standard Supe's can take that. And Alan seemed to be able to defend against it, which doesn't mean he's more powerful with age, it just simply means he could do that even now if he had to. Where Prime was capable of shattering a wall of collective energy of the entire GL Corps. like it was nothing.

KC Supes also seemed to still have physical trouble fighting Captain Marvel (without the Shazam powered lightning), where Prime would have absolutely none.

EDIT: I forgot, Kal didn't get hit at ground zero, Marvel sacrificed himself high in the air to keep it from killing absolutely everything.
:up:

The only advantage he had on Kal-El was that he was bio-powered as he come from a krypton where everyone alread had powers and his where only strengthened by Earth's lesser Gravity(at least formerly which was retconned recently)

When and where was this retconed out?

"avvies"

Yes I grammar-nazied a colloquial contraction. **** you stop judging me.

Now this is where DC is confusing the beejeezus out of me. Afte OYL, I thought Kal-El was getting back to silver age power levels, meaning planet juggling, time travel speeds, etc. I thought this meant he was uber poweful. KC Supes was depicted as being super invunerable bc he has been soaking up solar radiation for so long. Now we have Prime, who is suddenly stronger than all 3 of the current kryptonians on earth (supergirl,powergirl,Kal-El). When was it establsihed that SB prime was stronger than Kal-El in the first place?

I tell you one thing...this KC supes looks like a freaking tank, even next to Kal-El...and that's saying a lot. Even so he doesn't look clumsy and bloated. Not an easy thing to capture for a being of power.

But doesn't this guy talk like the original Golden Age Supes? Especially the part in JSA #11 where he confronted Judomaster's attackers. Just overall badass. And the reversed out logo with black inside the "S"...history, people, history!

Now the question becomes what to do with him. Or not...:woot:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"