Stories and Villians We'd Like to See Adapted in This Show

Discussion in 'Superman & Lois' started by flickchick85, Feb 16, 2021.

1. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

I could definitely see them bring in Darkseid and do their own "Girl from Krypton" adaption but instead of Kara, Darkseid abducts one of the sons and brainwashes them to the darkside.

flickchick85 likes this.
  2. Kirk Langstrom FRANCINE!!!!

Parasite :up:

Karelia likes this.
  3. vantheman77 Superman Fan 4 Life

I want a crossover adapting Justice League Dark with Superman, Lois, Raven, Constantine, and Robin Jason Todd in place of Damian Wayne teaming up in the midst of the Apokolips on Earth.

4. chamber-music Infinity Ammo

Add me to the list for Conduit making an appearance. He seems like he would fit in well with this show.

I wouldn't mind seeing Bloodsport show up. I suppose they could use the white supremist version rather than the original who Idris Elba is playing in Suicide Squad.

vantheman77 and flickchick85 like this.
  5. Babillygunn New Age Outlaw

Eradicator makes the most sense given the fact that the boys are part Kryptonian and part human. If the Eradicator exists in this universe, then that is going to get his attention.

flickchick85 and SupermanFan like this.
  6. Gaultheria Registered

Although he's not a perfect match for the comics' Conduit, Kyle has the resentful attitude.

7. Joined:
    Nov 20, 2009
    For stories I'd want in the show-I'll take whatever brings John Henry Irons/Steel to the show and the Arrowverse in general. Maybe his niece Natasha goes to Smallville High with the Super Sons?
    [​IMG]

Kirk Langstrom and Babillygunn like this.
  8. Boy Scout Registered

I'd love to see the Eradicator, Brainiac, and the Atomic Skull. Darkseid and Mongul would be cool, but even with the impressive cinematography and higher production values, I'm not sure this show could pull them off.

About three seasons down the line, I'd be interested in seeing their version of Zod.

flickchick85 likes this.
  9. ArmsHeldOut Registered

Manchester Black
    Darkseid
    Braniac
    Zod
    Maxima
    Desaad
    Superboy Prime
    Amanda Waller
    Granny Goodness
    Mongul

flickchick85 likes this.
  10. Dark Raven It's not about what you deserve...

I don't want Manchester Black again. He was boring enough on Supergirl.

If they have Bizarro, I want him played by someone other than Hoechlin. Bizarro is never an exact copy of Superman but is always much bigger and more hulking. Getting Hoechlin to play him is cheaping out, just like it has been done in every other Bizarro storyline in other Superman series.

I want them to get someone different - maybe even Tom Welling, although he's unlikely to want to suit up even for that. If they could get Henry Cavill, he would be ideal because he's huge in comparison to Hoechlin.

I think it would have to be a several episode or even a season-long arc if they wanted to do Warworld and give us Mongul. But I'm not sure they could sustain the story for a whole season. Just think of it more like these other worlds on Star Trek or other franchises where they can have Superman off planet.

11. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

I want them to bring back Cadmus and do it justice. Supergirl took such an interesting operation and did nothing with it. Bring in Emil Hamilton as an ally to Superman who later betrays him out of fear of what could happen if Supes goes evil.

Since its unlikely this show will touch Conner, they could go the Galatia route. Have them use dna from both Kal and Kara to create her and be an enemy of Superman.

12. DerekLake Build a better world

Since they’ve got Morgan Edge already, might as well do Intergang (they can do both Metropolis and Gotham versions). That could last multiple seasons given how many characters (heroes and villains) have run up against them. It could also be a chance for them to revisit Metropolis (as it’s a far more interesting city than any of the live action Supes film or TV have explored).

Aside from that, I think I’d like to see more complex threats (i.e., not just a lone bad guy). Give Clark and Lois something to work toward and investigate and not just something to work against.

I think it’d be hard with the Smallville focus to divert attention to space-based threats, but I think some season(s)-long arcs that involve otherworldly threats could be great. I’m thinking maybe they could adapt the Justice graphic novel (it featured Lex, Toyman and Brainiac, among others) as one such approach.

And depending on how this season plays out, they could have Sam Lane become a full-fledged opponent of Superman and even partner with Lex to take him out (one idea that’s sort of been in the back of mind might for a Supes film would be Sam Lane and Lex partnering to “create” Captain Atom as an opponent of Superman).

Alternatively, Cyborg Superman could be an interesting villain if they follow his full comic book arc from his team’s fantastic four-like accident all the way to his post-Death of Superman return. On that point, they need to do Death of Superman at some point. It would be far more interesting especially since he has a family (and now a community) in this show. A full season exploring Clark’s absence (while having Tyler play Cyborg Superman as an increasingly unhinged impostor) would be pretty cool to see.

Edit: On a separate note, I would also like to see Clark interact with more heroes (and I don’t mean crossovers). I know Diggle is rumored/supposed to come back as Green Lantern a little later this season, but like maybe some more of non-big name heroes, like Steel or others. I’m a bit tired of Superman existing in a world without other heroes. I get that it helps with the whole “I’m too busy to be a good father” thing and the “weight of the world on my shoulders” thing, but some of Superman’s best interactions were with his fellow heroes. And he could use more allies other than Sam Lane (to clarify, I do NOT mean a science/sidekick team like Flash or Arrow).

#37 DerekLake, Mar 3, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2021
  13. Gaultheria Registered

I hope we'll see Mark Strong reprise his role as Sinestro. I liked his portrayal in the 2011 film. (The movie overall, not so much, but Strong did a fine job.)

Sinestro's descent into authoritarian villainy parallels Captain Luthor's tale of the other Superman, and the Injustice storyline had Sinestro as an advisor of Regime Superman. If something like Injustice happened in Luthor's universe and is about to happen in the S&L universe, then the GL Corps might send their own agent to counter Sinestro's influence.

14. ChrisLyne Registered

Edge eventually leading to Intergang and Darkseid would be nice, though Darkseid does feel more like a final season villain and I'm not sure Edge will be around that long. Maybe tease Darkseid early via Edge and Intergang but build up to him over the years so he becomes a series long villain rather than season? Someone we're always kind of aware is out there even if he's not connected to the current main story and comes into full force further down the line.

Brainiac feels like a must. He's long overdue and one of the few major Superman villains that Supergirl didn't borrow.

I really like the Kyle/Conduit possibilities some people have suggested, I'd definitely be open to that.

Parasite and Metallo would be cool to see but feel more like a single episode or arc villains rather than season villain.

Eradicator seems a natural choice, especially once the boys start to properly develop and control their powers (yeah, I'm totally assuming they both will get powers at some point).

flickchick85 likes this.
  15. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

Jupiters Legacy just showed that Mongul could be done without full CGI. Also CW shows in general will need to step it up.

Superherofan123 likes this.
  16. LifesEnd Registered

dont get what you mean there? cw shows have always been low budget though they manage some impressive stuff. Superman and lois and star girl have done well though and hopefully keep up.

Theres no way they would be able to compare though to the mcu shows tho...dc fans are gonna hope for the GL, Jl dark shows for that I guess(hopefully they have more in the works because I mean disney has like 4-5 live action shows this year...thats ridiculous).

Also mogul would be neat tbh. Current superman/action writer is doing some interesting stuff with him. Would work nice for the show

17. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

Not so much Superman and Lois/Stargirl but the Arrowverse in general will need to step it up to stay in the game. All these high profile super shows didn't exist 8 years ago. Not even 5 so Arrow was able to set an expectation. Now that has been passed and the game has been upped. CW will need to put a little more into them both budget and writing wise.

18. vantheman77 Superman Fan 4 Life

Need to adapt Future State with the following:
    Superman of Metropolis
    Superman Warworld
    Superman Vs. Imperious Lex
    Superman/ Wonder Woman Yara Flor
    House of El

19. hopefuldreamer Clark Kent > Superman

Personally I guess I'm hoping they don't try and tackle big alien/otherworldly villains that require lots of CGI and that would be hard to weave into real world stories with potential for each member of the family to be involved in the story in some way.

So I'd be voting for combinations of organisations like:

Intergang (feat Bruno Mannhein or someone like Baron Sunday), Project Cadmus (Danny Donovan, Paul Westfield), STAR Labs (Professor Hamilton), Checkmate

...with human born villains like:

Parasite
    Metallo
    Conduit
    Gog
    Kryptonite Man
    Neutron
    Remnant

I'm also totally fine with them just making their own villains if it leads to better stories.

Lily Adler and Boy Scout like this.
  20. chamber-music Infinity Ammo

Magical Superman foes like Skyhook and Encantadora
    It would be cool to see some of Steel's villains in the show.

ArmerTek CEO Colonel Tom Weston (who already appeared in a season 3 episode of Arrow)

The Black ops group.

Crash who is the gangster older brother of John Henry and father of Natasha in the comics. The villainous sibling may be a bit redundant after the events of season 1 though.

A Metropolis Arms dealer White Rabbit who sold Irons Toastmaster weapons to street gangs

21. Lily Adler Politically Delicious (P) (she/her/hers)

I want none of the big villains to be adapted... None.

22. Lily Adler Politically Delicious (P) (she/her/hers)

I don't want this again:
    [​IMG]

23. vantheman77 Superman Fan 4 Life

You likely won't see Manchester Black again since he's doing Star Trek Discovery.

If Jonathan is not getting any powers, I would like for Jonathan to adopt the Unchained armor.

24. chamber-music Infinity Ammo

I want some deep cut Superman villains to show up

Anomaly
    - Floyd Barstow, a clone of a former murderer, can remake his body into any substance he touches (Superman's version of Absorbing Man).

Arclight - A former mafia villain who executes his victims with electrical explosions.

Barrage - A former member of the Superman Revenge Squad, an armored, armed villain who is missing an arm.

Baud - A former member of the Superman Revenge Squad. She can disrupt magnetic fields.

The Clan MacHinery - A clan of villains, Scottish engineers who uploaded their consciousness into robots.

Master Jailer - A villain who specialized in creating inescapable traps for Superman.

Riot - Scientist Frederick Legion worked with machinery and discovered a way to duplicate himself at the cost of his ability to sleep. Driven mad by insomnia, he began a criminal career. (A multiplex/Multiple Man duplicate creator type villain).

25. hopefuldreamer Clark Kent > Superman

Oops... :funny:

flickchick85 and Lily Adler like this.