In The Multiverse Of Madness Spoiler Discussion Thread

All the Mordo stuff kind of shows is how little the credit scenes matter imo. They are fun, I enjoy them, but they get retconned or not followed up on all the time. And even when they are, outside of maybe Fury, Thanos, and the moving of the Infinity Stone in TDW, they don't feel like they factor in greatly.

All that said, I think they took out the original Mordo opening because they probably have plans with him going forward. Which I'm happy about.
Depending on GOTG plot Warlock being created in GOTG 2 end scene would be a big one.
Black Widow was a reshoot but mattered for Hawkeye show
Shang Chi should matter for that franchise maybe the whole MCU
Ant-Man had the Civil War scene

Could but I am not holding my breath on it, they haven't really given us the next big arc in a clear movie yet. In phase 1 we didn't know until Cap 1 with the Tesseract that they were going towards IWs.

Any big team up saga is 10-15 years away so Jackman will be in his 60s and Wolverine is far more physically demanding than Xavier in a chair.Would Cruise really just want to appear in a one and done what if RDJ is like no I don't mind coming back for a one off as a different Stark personality. I rather see RDJ pull off a different Stark if given the choice. The Spider-Man is CGI cso no big deal on that, no need for Spider-Gwen and Stone would be near 50s plus her Gwen is dead so they likely go with a younger one.

Much like IW capitalized on the MCU's 10th Anniversary, I expect Secret Wars to pump it's 20th. So no later than 2028.

One thinen fighting Wanda so g that could be cool for the next one is if Mordo didn't get blipped and spent those five years hunting sorcerers
Strange made it seem like he was still causing trouble even though he was dust for 5 years. Wong didn't mention him though. They look like they had many sorcerers when fighting Wanda so Mordo may have stopped and focuses on another grander plan.

I cannot see them at the rate they're pumping our content keeping this going until 2028.

Much like IW capitalized on the MCU's 10th Anniversary, I expect Secret Wars to pump it's 20th. So no later than 2028.
Not enough actual build up for it to happen that soon imo. Places don't really care much for 20th anniversaries, it tends to be 10, 25, 50 as land marks that get the big celebration. They are going to get X-Men at east 2 movies before a team up and F4 too. Shang Chi will need a sequel and Marvel tends to have 2-3 years before the sequels and always introduce a new franchise. Not expecting them to rush.

Strange made it seem like he was still causing trouble even though he was dust for 5 years. Wong didn't mention him though. They look like they had many sorcerers when fighting Wanda so Mordo may have stopped and focuses on another grander plan.
Perhaps recruitment was up after the socerers public coming out party before the Blip and at the Avengers Compound battle.

Secret Wars 2025/2026, Avengers 5 2028?

Secret Wars in 2026 sounds about right to me. The Infinity Saga took 11 years cause they started at 1 or 2 movies a year until Phase 3. Phase 4 we see getting 3 or 4 movies a year plus 4 or even more shows. So I think future sagas will wrap up quicker

It does if that plotpoint was dealt with and resolved off panel which is the implication I got

There's no reason to think it was resolved, though. Whatever stuff happened off screen will be clarified the next time 616 Mordo shows up in a major story.

At this point all we need to know is that Mordo is a part of Doctor Strange's rogues gallery who is out there doing villain stuff.

Secret Wars in 2026 sounds about right to me. The Infinity Saga took 11 years cause they started at 1 or 2 movies a year until Phase 3. Phase 4 we see getting 3 or 4 movies a year plus 4 or even more shows. So I think future sagas will wrap up quicker
I don't think they will have every show matter, they did it to get people to subscribe to D+ but now Moon Knight, Hawkeye, What If(animated), Echo, She Hulk, Groot, Agatha, Spider-Man(animated), Zombies(animated) look to have little to no impact on the overall universe just be side stories for those that want further background on characters. I think 1-2 shows will really matter each year. Clearly the Secret Invasion, Armor Wars, maybe Ironheart since it can connect to Armor Wars, Ms. Marvel only because she likely appears in CM3.

I don't think they will have every show matter, they did it to get people to subscribe to D+ but now Moon Knight, Hawkeye, What If(animated), Echo, She Hulk, Groot, Agatha, Spider-Man(animated), Zombies(animated) look to have little to no impact on the overall universe just be side stories for those that want further background on characters. I think 1-2 shows will really matter each year. Clearly the Secret Invasion, Armor Wars, maybe Ironheart since it can connect to Armor Wars, Ms. Marvel only because she likely appears in CM3.

Probably, but that goes for movies to. Not every movie had a. Infinity stone in the Saga and didn't matter in the grand scheme.

Probably, but that goes for movies to. Not every movie had a. Infinity stone in the Saga and didn't matter in the grand scheme.
Yeah but the movies do build up the characters and relationships regardless of the stones appearing, that is why the portal scene was so amazing and any interactions.

Those shows I am not expecting movie appearances from Echo, Agatha, cartoon characters even though Captain Carter was made up and brought her to the big screen but was short lived, She Hulk maybe, Moonknight wouldn't care if he appeard.

I wonder how they'll redeem Wanda after this. I don't know if you can come back from brutally killing two of Marvel's beloved characters. I thought Reed's death was especially mean spirited

I wonder how they'll redeem Wanda after this. I don't know if you can come back from brutally killing two of Marvel's beloved characters. I thought Reed's death was especially mean spirited
I don't think they need to redeem her. There is a lot of "Yas Khaleesi" going on with her. The other Wanda sympathizing along with dropping Wandacore on herself. She'll just have to come back, say she's sorry, and save the day. And everything will be right as rain. Just like with Loki. Because people like them.

It makes absolutely no sense to claim the movie is lazily reacting to how people responded to No Way Home. That movie only hit theaters *4* months ago. This movie finished shooting last April.

I’m assuming you’re ignoring the extensive reshoots that were done earlier this year?

All the Mordo stuff kind of shows is how little the credit scenes matter imo. They are fun, I enjoy them, but they get retconned or not followed up on all the time. And even when they are, outside of maybe Fury, Thanos, and the moving of the Infinity Stone in TDW, they don't feel like they factor in greatly.

All that said, I think they took out the original Mordo opening because they probably have plans with him going forward. Which I'm happy about.
I'm going to try and know what they are in advance from now on. I enjoy them regardless of whether they come at the end of a film or not but for the first time in a MCU film I left without watching the credits for the Bruce Campbell scene and I'm glad I did - had to rush to get to work on time anyway. I much prefer the ones that at least pretend/try to set something up as they are still worth watching again each time I see the film rather than a one off joke.

Really enjoyed this movie but still not sure how I feel about Wanda being THAT evil without much explanation. Like I understand the grief of the children, but the end of WandaVision REALLY made it seem like she'd finally accepted and moved past that.

And then the film made it look like it wasn't really her but the Darkhold itself, but then the way they resolved things, it definitely made it seem like Wanda had the agency the whole time? So definitely left me a bit conflicted about how to feel about her character.

Well, fair play. Honestly I would say that Eternals, Black Widow, Thor 2, Iron Man 2, Iron Man 3 and Shang Chi were as bad, as in being contrived and having plenty of stuff that didn't make sense.

The Ant Man movies were just as forgettable.

However, this movie pissed me off more than most of the other ones for 2 reasons

1)because it tries to manipulate the audience with the Illuminati cameos. They are only in this film because bringing back other established characters worked so well in No Way Home. They have zero impact on the story, whereas in NWH the cameos are a direct result of Spider-Man 's actions, and all of them have an arc ( well maybe not Lizard and Sandman).

And even in the scene where Wanda kills them all, Captain Carter and Captain Marvel literally stand there watching while Wanda shreds Mr Fantastic.

And

2) There's lots of running around and busy-work. E.g. What was the point of the book of the Vishanti ? ( which didn't actually have any impact on the outcome ).

Ugh. Terrible writing.

Frustrating - but I'm not sure if I agree it's the worst MCU film.
I read through some of your posts and I mostly agree. I wonder if it's worth typing out a post my thoughts as well

I think we'll see a an adaption of Secret Wars, but it'll mash in storypoints from "Avengers Forever".

They have a ton of the elements of both storylines already set up (Incursions, Kang, variants, timeline maintenance, etc...)

So...you guys heard about this alternate cut of the movie floating around the internet? Like apparently if you search for it you can find it, its a cam version of a more violent cut of the film and Prof X's death was even more violent.

Really enjoyed this movie but still not sure how I feel about Wanda being THAT evil without much explanation. Like I understand the grief of the children, but the end of WandaVision REALLY made it seem like she'd finally accepted and moved past that.

And then the film made it look like it wasn't really her but the Darkhold itself, but then the way they resolved things, it definitely made it seem like Wanda had the agency the whole time? So definitely left me a bit conflicted about how to feel about her character.
What explanation do you need? The Darkhold corrupted her and that was made very clear in the fulm

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"