Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe the hate Short Round gets around here. I always liked his character and his interaction with Indy. :csad:

I'll take him any day over Mutt. I just don't think it's close.

They're just mad that they're not Indy's sidekick.

I liked Mutt besides when he turned into Tarzan & got whacked in the nuts by those bushes.

I find most kids in movies annoying; Short Round is the only exception i can think of where i wouldn't change him one bit.:up:

Again, all the hate I see for Short Round is all online. My friends don't mind him one bit.

Short Round is the King of the Asians, so lets up bow down to him.

I always enjoyed Short Round. Mutt, on the other hand, is horrible.

USA just showed another promo for the premiere tomorrow night making fun of the fridge thing.

I think IJ4 is pretty good. Not the best movie ever, but it is no hunk of crap like its made out to be. Shia didn't bother me, though I found the hit in the groin joke kinda... :dry: wasn't his fault though :oldrazz:

Unfortunately, when I think of the Mutt character I tend to remember the bad scenes ... Vine swinging, shot to his junk, the fencing, etc.

indy 4 was alright but it didnt have that sense of wonder and adventure to me. I expected a treasure hunt or big adventure with good characters and a great story, what we got was uneeded cgi monkeys, boring car chases and dialogue that sounded like the actors were reading them right behind the camera. also cate blanchets character was not very interesting at all. The movie died for me when the nuked fridge came on screen, it reaked of georgie and was totally not believable. I really liked the video on youtube of spielberg talking about how he really didnt want to do another indy especially with aliens. I wanted to kill that old man who kept saying "jones Jr".

I can't believe the hate Short Round gets around here. I always liked his character and his interaction with Indy. :csad:
I dont understand the hate either, i love Short Round. "No time for love doctah Jones!" :funny:

The fridge scene kicks ass. That entire sequence is awesome.

The fridge scene kicks ass. That entire sequence is awesome.
I always saw it as a reference to the wacky ways of protecting yourself from a nuclear explosion that you would see in 1950's newsreels.

I didn't mind the fridge scene as much as others (vine swinging), but it would have been easier to take if Indy wasn't launched in the fridge a mile. If he would have just used it as cover (granted he couldn't have been at ground zero), it would have been easier to take. I don't know ... I'm pretty willing to suspend disbelief, but that just pushed it for me.

It was lead lined. Yeah, most likely he wouldn't survive. But he's just as likely to die by falling from thousands of feet in the air with only a ****** raft that is able to not lose air right?

If he was able to hide himself in the fridge, okay I guess I could buy that. But wouldn't the blast from the nuke open the door up?

I didn't mind the fridge scene as much as others (vine swinging), but it would have been easier to take if Indy wasn't launched in the fridge a mile. If he would have just used it as cover (granted he couldn't have been at ground zero), it would have been easier to take. I don't know ... I'm pretty willing to suspend disbelief, but that just pushed it for me.

The Vine Swinging scene took me out of the movie from that point on, and that's why I didn't care for the rest of the 20 minutes till the ending. It was just a bad decision, and some dude here try to defend it. But I owned him.

Hell, I would buy it if maybe Shia could have swung on the vines WITHOUT the monkeys at least.

If he was able to hide himself in the fridge, okay I guess I could buy that. But wouldn't the blast from the nuke open the door up?
Yes it would have. You have successfully proved that Indiana Jones is unrealistic and full of impossible situations. Congratulations.

I still thought the film was good. I don't have alot of hate like some do. I agee a few thinks like cg gophers/the monkeyies and a few other little things were bad ideas. But overall it was still a decent and fun film.

The bad green screens during the jungle chase brought the movie down a notch for me. Maybe it was trying to be a little unrealistic and cheesy on purpose? I don't know... the previous 3 never looked this fake

Watching it on USA now. The fridge scene wasn't that bad. Basically something you would have seen in an old 30s comic.

I don't care what any body says....I'm watching it on USA now...and I'm still loving it. Even a bad Indy movie is better than 90% of all the action movies currently out these days. The best are still Raiders and last Crusade. I really hope they do another one at least.

The cars and people didnt look like it was part of the jungle...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"