Interesting tidbit on Ghost Rider from Jon Favreau

Advanced Dark

Avenger
Reaction score
I have a Q & A thread in the General Movies forum where I take the Q & A's from his site and put them here too. I think this will attract more people to both sites. Anyways apparently while at Marvel Jon saw the trailer for Ghost Rider and he wants to see it. Obviously he's friends w/MSJ both being part of Daredevil but still...good news. He must have seen a trailer that waiting to be released...it's just too soon now.

http://www.superherohype.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8734627&postcount=1

Cool news.

Can't wait for Iron Man:up:

Jon seems like an awesome guy. It's great that he's directing Iron Man and still within the Marvel Movie family. Huge fan of those who stay in the universe, ya know?

I'm not exactly sure what "looks interesting" means though. It doesn't really sound that good...

^ He does seem really cool and he's been the most talkative of the talent for any movie I've seen. He's really in touch with the fans which is great!

FlameHead said:
I'm not exactly sure what "looks interesting" means though. It doesn't really sound that good...

If he said it kicked serious ash and was the best thing ever

no one would say he's being honest

You make a very valid point. Plus, he only say the trailer or whatever. What else can you really say when seeing a trailer?

... besdies of course "Man, that looks like ****".

Well, maybe all of us. My luck it wont be attached the reels sent here...

FlameHead said:
Well, maybe all of us. My luck it wont be attached the reels sent here...

Think positive thoughts. If not turn to zoodoo to cure your woes:up:

Your right. Positive thoughts create positive things.

I will see the GR trailer on friday and it will not be online for the first time. I will see it with X-Men and I will see it at least 2 times on friday.

That's the ticket!

^ That's at least 2 tickets. :)

I just asked Favreau to give his thoughts on the GR trailer in a bit more detail as far as what he liked, and the overall quality. He's friends with MSJ I believe considering they worked together on DD so maybe that's how he saw it. No...he said he saw it at Marvel. Hmmm.

Ok Jon responded:

Posted: May 19, 2006 9:18 AM

Advanced DarkWrote:

Hey Jon,

You mentioned earlier in these threads that you saw the new Ghost Rider teaser. How impressive was it? I know it's attached to X3 but us Ghost Rider fans are curious if you would give us a brief thought on it's quality and presentation.

I was impressed. Very different tone for a Marvel movie. They definitely captured the surreal, supernatural quality of the books. -Jon Favreau

Holy crap. Now that's what I'm talkin' about. Thanks AD.

Did you ask him that on his Iron Man blog?

We know you are. Was that a topic there? I'm gonna go look.

Gotcha.

I love that Fav is doin' that. He's a big geek like the rest of us.

Hey go there and ask him more about Ghost Rider if you wish. I'm not the only one who has to add to this thread. I think the Q & A thread w/Favreau should be just me doing the work. However...if you could help out I"m going to Florida tomorrow and won't be back till Friday so if you don't mind toing the transfer of quotes from Jon to that thread it's be appreciated. Just from the "Questions for Jon" thread only. It's up to date as of page 15 in that thread. You don't need to be a member to do it.

AD, I kept an eye on the thread and even posted a reply there myself though, Jon didn't talk about it anymore as far as I can tell.

I posed a question to Jon on his Iron man forum...

Stephen Eli HarrisWrote:
... which brings me to my question; Are you still friends with MSJ and have you guys ever chatted about working together again? I'm sure you'll both have no time for such things now with your own projects but, I'm just curious.

And his reply was this.

We're still friends. No talk recently of collaborating again. Perhaps a Foggy spin-off. If Elektra can get one, why not me?

I say we start Foggy spinoff petition!

FlameHead said:
AD, I kept an eye on the thread and even posted a reply there myself though, Jon didn't talk about it anymore as far as I can tell.

Thanks. Got back from Florida late Friday night so I"m way behind. Not sure if I have the energy to update the Iron Man thread. LOL

No more talk of GR from Jon I guess eh AD? I can't see him really saying anything else but, ya never know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"