Comics Interesting way for Storm or Iceman to fight

sebita said:
HEY!

I just found out something about Drake... if he can survive everything like you say Mr Profezzor... then how come he DID wear a space suit during Golgotha??? BEcause he can't breathe in space, so, my Storm taking him to space with a hurricane fight works. he dies up there :p
Like I said, there has been NO WRITER that has really explored his abilities, so him using a space suit is a result of an uninformed writer. And besides, what writer ever follows the continuity of the 616 universe, or uses any characters greatest abilities consistently? There's not enough reasons in their story arcs to justify using them.There is NO AIR OR AIR PRESSURE in space, so how could a hurricane exist up there? Besides, the atmosphere disapates at a certain altitude level.

No, the hurricane isn't up there, it's down here, but it hurls him up there... and dude. Ororo did fly on solar winds in Uncanny X-Men 99 so...

Sebita can u describe her flying on the solar winds?

javon said:
Sebita can u describe her flying on the solar winds?

Yes.... Please describe it, and show us the comic book page of it too.

RSS said:

This is one of the reason I tell people we have not seen Storm's full potential.

To tell you the truth, I think her powers are limited on a planet.:(

Controlling the weather on a planet and controlling solar winds in space require a really big jump in power levels.

Oddly enough, if you read the reprint of this issue in Classic X-Men 7, they have Storm destroying the sentinel with lightning.

RSS said:

Where do u get these pics?! I need to start going on what your going on!

page108xl.jpg

Sorry about the stretch. But what if a storm fan couldn't see this! Plus the page is going 4 a #7 anyway,lol.

Hey! I posted it! (lol) And u can see exactly why Storm doesn't explore her powers enough to become Omega or anything, because they always have her trying to hold back because of some stupid vow or they'll just find SOMETHING that will give her a reason not to.

HandOfFate said:
Oddly enough, if you read the reprint of this issue in Classic X-Men 7, they have Storm destroying the sentinel with lightning.

It's because the incident was retconned out. The editors realized Storm's weather control has nothing to do with space "weather". A solar wind, isn't a wind at all. So they corrected it in the reprints and just had her use lightning.

I had no idea. I loooked it up and it means nothing like wind. Well, they do have electrons in them which has something to do with storms powers.

IT is weird and not very properly done, because I have the first Essential, which came a LOOOOOOOng time after Classic 7 and it is exactly the same as the original.

It is not actually a retcon, it is a partial change of the story that not everyone knows about. For it to be a retcon it should be on another book saying "no she can't control the solar winds, she was actually hallucinating that day" or something of the sort.

^yeah. And how are they gonna explain te change? First the solar winds then the lightning?

Lightning is even more confusing than solar winds. How can she create the lightning in space??? This could mean that she has vast amounts of energy stored in her body to create such lightning, especially if she didn't get tired afterwards, which would only improve the probabilities of her omeganess :D

A plausible explanation could be she gathered energy from the sun (as in 165) and used that energy to hurl him away, mistaking it for "solar wind".

sebita said:
Lightning is even more confusing than solar winds. How can she create the lightning in space??? This could mean that she has vast amounts of energy stored in her body to create such lightning, especially if she didn't get tired afterwards, which would only improve the probabilities of her omeganess :D

A plausible explanation could be she gathered energy from the sun (as in 165) and used that energy to hurl him away, mistaking it for "solar wind".

I think she just used the electrical energy inherent in the robot she was fighting and redirected it.

If they actually go back into the issue and rewrite the scene to omit a past scene or change it, it is considered a retcon.

It wouldn't be plasuable that she is gathering the sun's energy since she was no where close to the sun. The only reason she was able to do what she did in 165 was that she was in the middle of a bunch of suns. A) she died and B) if she truly had unlimited power on her own like you believe, than she wouldn't need the power of millions of suns to kill a single Brood

Intheknow101 said:
If they actually go back into the issue and rewrite the scene to omit a past scene or change it, it is considered a retcon.

I don't really know if this would still be consider a retcon. Recent reprints of the story still show her using solar winds. So it like, Classic X-men #7 vs original print of the story and several other reprints.

Intheknow101 said:
It wouldn't be plasuable that she is gathering the sun's energy since she was no where close to the sun.

She doesn't have to gather the energy because it already out there.

Intheknow101 said:
The only reason she was able to do what she did in 165 was that she was in the middle of a bunch of suns.

Not just a bunch, she summoned the energy of millions of suns and planets.

Intheknow101 said:
A) she died and B) if she truly had unlimited power on her own like you believe, than she wouldn't need the power of millions of suns to kill a single Brood

Hey, she want to make sure she got the job done.:)

Intheknow101 said:
I think she just used the electrical energy inherent in the robot she was fighting and redirected it.
Finally someone realizes she can control electricity. All of that "lightning and electricity are two different things" needed to stop.

It wouldn't be plasuable that she is gathering the sun's energy since she was no where close to the sun

The only reason she was able to do what she did in 165 was that she was in the middle of a bunch of suns
Okay, now up top in the bold, didn't you just say she was nowhere near the sun? Or were you talking about something else?

died and B) if she truly had unlimited power on her own like you believe, than she wouldn't need the power of millions of suns to kill a single Brood
You do know that in Uncanny X-men #147 it stated that she had unlimited power? And i'll quote the exact same thing:

Your intellects, your weapons, your devices are finite Doom. They have limits. I have none

Writers of Marvel really have to declare whether or not Storm is Omega-Class to stop all this Storm worshipping...

Im sure CC will make her Omega...even if it dosent make sense.

I wish they would retcon the whole crap.

Optic Rage said:
Im sure CC will make her Omega...even if it dosent make sense.

I wish they would retcon the whole crap.

I can see CC doing that :supes:, she is after all his baby, right?

Yes...along with Sage & Psylocke.

He's a feminist of sorts....and loves strong women...and every tme he writes an x-men issue he seems to give them new powers.

Optic Rage said:
Yes...along with Sage & Psylocke.

He's a feminist of sorts....and loves strong women...and every tme he writes an x-men issue he seems to give them new powers.

Stop hating. :)

I hardly think stating a fact is hating.

Its well known that he loves powerfull women..and you read uncanny right?..then you should know he gives the x-men brand new powers out of the blue whenever he feels like it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"