Comics Interesting way for Storm or Iceman to fight

I dont see this thread as "arguing" it think its just debate, which isint "crap"

Well crap is just an expression,lol. I use it all the time. Sorry if I got u confused. Anyway, if it is a debate then its fine with me to stay on here,lol. It just sorta seems like someone would say, "stop all this arhuing:, then that same person would say " iceman is vetter than storm or storm is better than iceman".

javon said:
Well crap is just an expression,lol. I use it all the time. Sorry if I got u confused. Anyway, if it is a debate then its fine with me to stay on here,lol. It just sorta seems like someone would say, "stop all this arhuing:, then that same person would say " iceman is vetter than storm or storm is better than iceman".

It's more like everyone calling it truce, then some outside jokester comes in this thread and tries to start an argument all over again with an Iceman or Storm comment.

^Yeah! That is what they do!lol. Anyway, what does iceman have to do with water vapor?

javon said:
^Yeah! That is what they do!lol. Anyway, what does iceman have to do with water vapor?

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Known Superhuman Powers: Iceman is a mutant with the superhuman ability to lower his external and internal body temperature, projecting intense coldness from his body. Like any normal human being's, the nerve centers for regulating Iceman's body temperature are found in the part of the brain called the hypothalamus. However, Iceman can mentally override his hypothalamus to allow his body temperature to be lowered by an unknown internal mechanism. This ability converts the latent thermal energies in and around his body into an unknown form of energy that is efficiently dissipated. A related mutation has rendered his body tissues unaffected by sub-zero temperatures. Iceman can consciously, immediately lower his body temperature from its normal 98.6 Fahrenheit to that of -105.7 F within the span of a few tenths of a second.
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]As his body temperature falls, the surrounding moisture in the air that is in contact with him is similarly lowered. Just as condensed moisture forms frost, this moisture forms an icy covering which encompasses his entire body. It also obscures his facial features. When Iceman first began to completely lower his body temperature, this covering took on a more snow-like appearance. But as he learned to increase the severity of his coldness, the covering assumed the consistency of crystalline ice that it has today. This ice constantly cracks with any movement of his body, and immediately reforms. (Hence, there is a cracking sound when Iceman, covered with ice, moves.) Through practice, Iceman has learned to control the intensity of his coldness, and he can selectively lower the temperature of isolated parts of his body.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Iceman can use his mutant ability to freeze any local air moisture into super-hard ice. This ice can be formed into any object of his choosing: the only limitations are his own imagination, his skill as a sculptor, the amount of available moisture, and the ambient air temperature which determines how long his ice sculpture will stay icy. He does not have to hold the ice physically with his hands in order lo shape it. Apparently he can simply direct the waves of coldness he projects in certain ways so as to create ice in the shape he desires. In the past, Iceman has formed ice-ladders, ice-slides, ice-shields, and ice-bats.
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Iceman is able to form a rising column of ice beneath his feet, capable of lifting him off the ground. The tensile strength of the column is determined by its thickness, and its steadiness by how well it has been braced. A well-braced and regular column, 6 feet in diameter at its base, is able to support his weight without toppling for about 85 feet in a 20-mile per hour wind. By forming long ice-ramps connected either to his ice-column or to an existing structure like a building or a bridge, the Iceman is able to travel above the ground by sliding down the ramp he is creating. Unless he creates supports periodically, the ramp will crack beneath him, unable to support their combined weight.
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Theoretically, Iceman has an almost unlimited supply of moisture at all times since it is always present in the surrounding air or environment. Even desert air has sufficient moisture content for him to make practical use of, although the process takes somewhat longer. However, the mental effort needed to employ his mutant power can eventually fatigue him and render his freezing ability temporarily disfunctional.
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Like that of any trained athlete, Iceman's ability to perform is directly related to his daily physical health and current mental state. Under normal conditions, he can usually form ice continually for a period of about 3 hours before becoming exhausted.

[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

I sure Profezzor could add more info. ;)

I've never even read Iceman's entry in the Science of the X-Men book, I bet it must have tons of interesting data... but I don't care enough about Bobby to read that hehehehe :p

HandOfFate said:
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Known Superhuman Powers: Iceman is a mutant with the superhuman ability to lower his external and internal body temperature, projecting intense coldness from his body. Like any normal human being's, the nerve centers for regulating Iceman's body temperature are found in the part of the brain called the hypothalamus. However, Iceman can mentally override his hypothalamus to allow his body temperature to be lowered by an unknown internal mechanism. This ability converts the latent thermal energies in and around his body into an unknown form of energy that is efficiently dissipated. A related mutation has rendered his body tissues unaffected by sub-zero temperatures. Iceman can consciously, immediately lower his body temperature from its normal 98.6 Fahrenheit to that of -105.7 F within the span of a few tenths of a second.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]As his body temperature falls, the surrounding moisture in the air that is in contact with him is similarly lowered. Just as condensed moisture forms frost, this moisture forms an icy covering which encompasses his entire body. It also obscures his facial features. When Iceman first began to completely lower his body temperature, this covering took on a more snow-like appearance. But as he learned to increase the severity of his coldness, the covering assumed the consistency of crystalline ice that it has today. This ice constantly cracks with any movement of his body, and immediately reforms. (Hence, there is a cracking sound when Iceman, covered with ice, moves.) Through practice, Iceman has learned to control the intensity of his coldness, and he can selectively lower the temperature of isolated parts of his body.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Iceman can use his mutant ability to freeze any local air moisture into super-hard ice. This ice can be formed into any object of his choosing: the only limitations are his own imagination, his skill as a sculptor, the amount of available moisture, and the ambient air temperature which determines how long his ice sculpture will stay icy. He does not have to hold the ice physically with his hands in order lo shape it. Apparently he can simply direct the waves of coldness he projects in certain ways so as to create ice in the shape he desires. In the past, Iceman has formed ice-ladders, ice-slides, ice-shields, and ice-bats.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Iceman is able to form a rising column of ice beneath his feet, capable of lifting him off the ground. The tensile strength of the column is determined by its thickness, and its steadiness by how well it has been braced. A well-braced and regular column, 6 feet in diameter at its base, is able to support his weight without toppling for about 85 feet in a 20-mile per hour wind. By forming long ice-ramps connected either to his ice-column or to an existing structure like a building or a bridge, the Iceman is able to travel above the ground by sliding down the ramp he is creating. Unless he creates supports periodically, the ramp will crack beneath him, unable to support their combined weight.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Theoretically, Iceman has an almost unlimited supply of moisture at all times since it is always present in the surrounding air or environment. Even desert air has sufficient moisture content for him to make practical use of, although the process takes somewhat longer. However, the mental effort needed to employ his mutant power can eventually fatigue him and render his freezing ability temporarily disfunctional.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Like that of any trained athlete, Iceman's ability to perform is directly related to his daily physical health and current mental state. Under normal conditions, he can usually form ice continually for a period of about 3 hours before becoming exhausted.

[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

I sure Profezzor could add more info. ;)

This bio is almost a old as Iceman himself. That's the entry from way, way, way, way, way back in the early 1980's in those Marvel Universe books. I should know, I have the entire collection of all 30 plus books. Not really sure where you got it from, but yeah, it does need some serious revamping.

I thought it was just me. Usually if there is a paragraph of text on another mutant except Storm, it pains me to read it. If it deals with Storm however, I can read like non-stop pages..I choke it up to ignorance perhaps or I just don't um, uh, care. Which has yet to bite me in the arse during Storm Vs. threads.

I hope to change my ways and perhaps one day read the bio and powers of other mutants..

ProfeZZor X said:
This bio is almost a old as Iceman himself. That's the entry from way, way, way, way, way back in the early 1980's in those Marvel Universe books. I should know, I have the entire collection of all 30 plus books. Not really sure where you got it from, but yeah, it does need some serious revamping.

True, it is old but it does give us a nice starting point on Bobby's powers.:)

toya thegr8 said:
I thought it was just me. Usually if there is a paragraph of text on another mutant except Storm, it pains me to read it. If it deals with Storm however, I can read like non-stop pages..I choke it up to ignorance perhaps or I just don't um, uh, care. Which has yet to bite me in the arse during Storm Vs. threads.

I hope to change my ways and perhaps one day read the bio and powers of other mutants..

LOL, I'm the exact opposite. When is comes to information dealing with comic book characters I generally try to remember every bit of information.

HandOfFate said:
True, it is old but it does give us a nice starting point on Bobby's powers.:)
I really don't think that's a fair and comparative bio. Iceman has come an exceedingly long way with his powers since this was created. That's like me using Giant Sized X-Men #1, and saying these are all the abilities of what Storm, and the other new members can do. Sure they can do more, but you get my point.

HandOfFate said:
LOL, I'm the exact opposite. When is comes to information dealing with comic book characters I generally try to remember every bit of information.
I'm kind of half-a$$ed when it comes to reading bios. Although I will read them, I tend to go with what I normally read in the books that I find interesting, rather than going out of my way and getting a specific issue to see what such-and-such character did with their powers. If that outside X-character is in the book that I'm reading, then fine, I'll give them credit for that new/different ability, otherwise, unless I see an actual picture/page from a book, it's really not noteworthy.

ProfeZZor X said:
I really don't think that's a fair and comparative bio. Iceman has come an exceedingly long way with his powers since this was created. That's like me using Giant Sized X-Men #1, and saying these are all the abilities of what Storm, and the other new members can do. Sure they can do more, but you get my point.

Then please add more to the bio.

^lol. And i am the same way with storm. If their is any issue that deals with storm in it, i will HAVE to look at her in that comic before i read any word. Other characters don't mean much as the goddess, i mean, "storm"(lol).

HandOfFate said:
Then please add more to the bio.

Try this:

http://www.uncannyxmen.net/db/spotlight/showquestion.asp?faq=10&fldAuto=55

It's only outdated by a little, but it's a far better representation of Iceman's abilities than the one you posted from winnipedia (or whatever it's called). I've seen people post info from that site many times, and no wonder why so many people are outdated on a character's abilities. They need to update their site, or get rid of it.

Here are some things he's done in his alternate version:

In the Age of Apocalypse, it was not Xavier but Magneto who founded and trained the X-Men, Bobby being among the first mutants he located. Magneto pushed the boy much harder than Xavier would have, making the youngster drop his humorous attitude and tap into his full potential. Iceman could alter his shape while in his frozen form, and merge with any body of water, moisture or ice, and re-emerge from it at some other points even miles away, within the matter of seconds. When Bobby’s ice-form was damaged or shattered, he could easily pull himself back together. On top of that, he was able to take people along by a process referred to as moisture molecular inversion, but it was rather unpleasant for the passenger. However, as he seemed to become less human and more and more unstable, his teammates somewhat retreated from Bobby.
http://www.uncannyxmen.net/images/costume/iceman-aoa.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------

It was Loki’s tampering that caused Iceman’s power to spin out of control. While in the main universe, a special regulator belt helped Bobby to control his improved abilities, the version of the Mutant X universe was not as lucky. He found himself stuck in his ice-form at sub-zero temperatures, forbidding him to ever touch another human being for it would have instantly killed them. Still, Bob Drake (who didn’t like himself being called Bobby), kept his optimism and his sense of humor, and he was part of a team called The Six, that world’s equivalent to X-Factor, who had split off from the X-Men when the school was taken over by Magneto. Eventually, after having lived several years with boosted abilities, his friend and teammate Hank McCoy found a way to undo Loki’s changes, and Ice-Man was restored to his regular power level.
http://www.uncannyxmen.net/images/costume/iceman-mux.jpg

Bobby Drake of Earth X shared a somewhat similar fate, his power having mutated at one point and him being stuck in ice-form, though with a different result. Bobby had to remain in a cold environment, or else he would have melted, and he went north to the arctic regions where he created a wonderland of ice for himself and the Inuit living nearby. Only after Earth’s climate changed, due to the planet’s mass having been altered and Earth leaving its regular orbit, was he able to return to the United States. Once there, Iceman joined several other heroes in an attempt to overpower Mephisto’s followers, though unfortunately he perished in that battle.
http://www.uncannyxmen.net/images/costume/iceman-ear.jpg

In the Ultimate Universe, at the age of fifteen Bobby Drake was originally the youngest of the X-Men (most of whom were already in their late teens). When the Sentinels started attacking mutants, Bobby had run away from home as to not endanger his parents. The X-Men found him and gave him a home. For some time Bobby, while having awesome potential, was rather insecure and couldn’t quite carry his weight. After he was injured in the team’s battle with Proteus his parents withdrew him from the X-Men and threatened to sue Xavier. Opposing his parents’ wishes Iceman returned to the X-Men’s side during their darkest hour, when they were being hunted by the government and showing immense control of his powers helped save them. Iceman is now a fully accepted X-Man and happy with his teammates.
http://www.uncannyxmen.net/images/costume/iceman-ult.jpg

A time-traveling experiment gone wrong created another divergent timeline, one in which present day heroes already emerged in the 17th century, the year 1602 to be precise. Mutants were referred to as “witchbreed” and, as such, feared and hunted. The counterpart of Iceman was called Robert Trefusis and, despite his young age, he showed a great control over his power. For example, he managed to encase an entire sailing ship in a block of ice and was able to turn rain into an ice-storm. Robert also claimed to have served as the cabin boy of the famous Sir Francis Drake, who happened to be his uncle.
http://www.uncannyxmen.net/images/costume/iceman-1602.jpg

^Good look! I looked at storms, but like usual, their was nothing new about her powers.... <sigh..such great power beign wasted>

Oh yeah, and did u guys know that storm once got a fever from the cold?!!!!!

javon said:
Oh yeah, and did u guys know that storm once got a fever from the cold?!!!!!

The only time I can remember her having a fever was in X-Men Unlimited 1, when Salene Blaze ripped a hole in the EM field of the planet causing a disrupting in Storm’s ability to control the weather.

At first we thought Storm was immune to the effects of the weather, which is kind of silly when you think about it (seeing that she fly on winds and baths in rainwater). In X-Men Unlimited 1, Professor X and somewhat Storm explained how her powers worked. Storm's body automatically adjusts to her environment, keeping her body at a constant 98 degrees. This gives her limited immunity to certain weather affects that deal with temperature change. From what I understand, if her body can’t compensate for the change in temperature, then her sub-conscious most then likely adjusts the weather system around her. During the storyline Storm couldn’t control the snowstorm over the Antarctic so her body increased its temperature to the point that she was burning up and hot to Cyke’s touch.

HandOfFate said:
The only time I can remember her having a fever was in X-Men Unlimited 1, when Salene Blaze ripped a hole in the EM field of the planet causing a disrupting in Storm’s ability to control the weather.

At first we thought Storm was immune to the effects of the weather, which is kind of silly when you think about it (seeing that she fly on winds and baths in rainwater). In X-Men Unlimited 1, Professor X and somewhat Storm explained how her powers worked. Storm's body automatically adjusts to her environment, keeping her body at a constant 98 degrees. This gives her limited immunity to certain weather affects that deal with temperature change. From what I understand, if her body can’t compensate for the change in temperature, then her sub-conscious most then likely adjusts the weather system around her. During the storyline Storm couldn’t control the snowstorm over the Antarctic so her body increased its temperature to the point that she was burning up and hot to Cyke’s touch.

Once again, pathetic! Like I said before, were looking at a women who controls the weather but has LIMITED IMMUNITY to certaint weather effects. That just gets me mad because Iceman is immune to sub-zero temperatures but storm isn't. He generates ice but doesn't control it but storm manipulates the weather and isn't immune to cold or heat. That is just THE MOST dumbest thing about her. She shouldn't have LIMITED IMMUNITY, but complete immunity to cold and heat. But what can I do, so whatever.

javon said:
Once again, pathetic! Like I said before, were looking at a women who controls the weather but has LIMITED IMMUNITY to certaint weather effects. That just gets me mad because Iceman is immune to sub-zero temperatures but storm isn't. He generates ice but doesn't control it but storm manipulates the weather and isn't immune to cold or heat. That is just THE MOST dumbest thing about her. She shouldn't have LIMITED IMMUNITY, but complete immunity to cold and heat. But what can I do, so whatever.
Dude, not everyone is meant to be incredibly powerfull. She just manipulates it. She doesnt create it, so its reasonable that she isint immune to it.

^Did i say that she was meant 2 be incredibly powerful explodingboy??? No! Ans she manipulates the weather and doesn't create it but has electricity roaring threw her body and more energy than some mutants even possess but still, she just manipulates it.

Well, you're complaining about her havin "limited immunity". Maybe she isint meant to have super immunity. I'm not trying to start a fight or anything.

^Me neither but i didn't say she had 2 have super immunity. I'm just saying..ahh what the hell.

javon said:

This is just one of the "human" factors about Storm that doesn't make her omni-potent or an omega. Iceman is immune to cold because he can make his very body out of ice. In ice form, he is essentially an "essence", or spirit, which explains why he can regenerate limbs or construct an entire body out of ice.

^ Well doesn't it count when storm actually "is" lightning? And she is a sentient weather being. So that should come with just "highly resistant" immunity. And i wasn't compalaing like "iceman is immune, so why can't storm be!", i was just using him as an example.

HEY!

I just found out something about Drake... if he can survive everything like you say Mr Profezzor... then how come he DID wear a space suit during Golgotha??? BEcause he can't breathe in space, so, my Storm taking him to space with a hurricane fight works. he dies up there :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"