Supergirl INTERVIEWS 2016 SDCC, TV, Radio, Print: Discussion

Last edited:
Well today Tyler Hoechlin made an appearance on The Rachel Ray show. On that show's Instagram is a segment of "Would You Rather?" where he is asked rapid fire this or that questions.

And on the show's website, is the interview where lots of topics are asked including the first question about a film Tyler and one Blake Jenner co-starred in together (Everybody Wants Some). But you know...sometimes I think Rachael forgets she's married!

Oh and by the way, a suggestion to those at the RR show, you had Superman on, it's only equal to get Melissa "Super Foodie" Benoist on as well.

Some pictures are starting to show up of Melissa Benoist appearing in Los Angeles magazine. No interview or article as of yet, but these pics have shown up...

CvOttTTUAAA1R_n.jpg

Melissa tickling the ivories

CvPhCkjUMAAO_cW.jpg

Elegant, but dark

14723036_1314851288525433_6093053541994201088_n.jpg

A cozy night in front of the fire

Check out the serious bling she's wearing here

CvTGPDSW8AAZIJ_.jpg

For the record, she is wearing a total of $62310 in jewels and gown.

And if I may call upon some vintage Bobby Vinton

CvTGLuqWIAA3sYe.jpg

(singing) She wore Blue Velvet (/singing)

And she is stunning in every one of them.

Last edited:
Lynda Carter Interview with E!.

It was a wide ranging talk. But there is one segment I am ready to play prognosticator on

"It was really neat when I was on set with [Supergirl star] Melissa Benoist. Well, there are some surprises that I can't give away, but we had a lot of fun on the set because she does a couple of things that are Wonder Woman-ish and we laughed. I think she is a talented and amazing girl. I said, ‘You know, I may be the only person ever that gets what you're going through. I get everything. I get it all," she said, noting she urged Benoist to fight to have her character evolve, especially in her secret identity.

The bold...No surprise Lynda took part in the insanity and since her role is recurring we can perhaps expect more. I can only wonder (pun INTENDED) as to what those Wonder Woman-ish things are...and they would make great Easter Eggs

The Wonder Spin (My prime choice)
Deflecting the bullets using her arms even though Supergirl's body can deflect them.

Those are the only two things I can think of.

You know you've made it when you are featured in a New York paper. While some prefer the New York Times, Melissa Benoist popped up in today's New York Post Alexa section. The interview was far more ranging than what you would find when it's about Supergirl. It's more than that. It's sort of an edgy NPR kind of piece given the Post is a tabloid.

In the article, we find that LA isn't really meant for Melissa, a native of Colorado

“I’m not an ocean person...I like being landlocked. I constantly daydream about a ranch in the mountains in Colorado or Montana…I think mountains are the most beautiful things in the world.”

But would hubby Blake Jenner a Miami native mind? Neither here nor there.

As for me I grew up here in SW CT, where in about a 15 minute drive you could head to a point to sail into Long Island Sound, and maybe the Atlantic Ocean. But I don't consider myself a beach person. Then again the beaches are open only about half the year...unless we have a mild winter like the last two!

In terms of hobbies...most we know.

With her alone time Benoist cooks, and she also is an avid reader and collects records. When in LA, she plays with her two dogs and makes pottery with the wheel she has in her house. “I love sitting at a [pottery] wheel, even if I mess up every piece I’m trying to throw. It’s such a meditating and calming feeling; it kind of grounds me.”

Correction that's 4...Milli, Farley, Otis and Duke.

There was some Glee and Supergirl talk, many of us know already.

As for being a sister...

“I’m the evil middle sister, the drama queen,” she says, laughing. And she sees in her childhood so many seeds of the adult she’s become. “I could be very outgoing, very hyper and energetic and imaginative and crazy and weird,” she says of her early years, “but at the same time I was really introverted, and didn’t mind spending many hours alone . . . playing make-believe by myself.” She says she feels the same way today: “I love solitude, and I’m not afraid of it.”

Sometimes though I think that energy comes out in her appearances, brief they were on like The Tonight Show or interviews with ET.

But also there is her upcoming role in Patriots Day as Katherine Russel, widow of terrorist Tamerlan Tsarnaev one of the Boston bombers.

While Melissa says the majority of other actors in the film got to meet their real-life counterparts, “that wasn’t an option for me because of the nature of her involvement,” she says.

Then the article goes into fashion...and sometimes with Melissa it's Casual Friday everyday...

When she’s not in a serious costume Benoist’s personal style is minimal. “I’m definitely a jeans-and-T-shirt person,” she says. Her current uniform: a pair of Levi’s 501s from the ’70s that she got on Etsy, with one of the “way too many James Perse white T-shirts” she owns. In LA, she pairs the outfit with black mules; in Vancouver, it’s rain boots and her new oversize, boxy black wool Sessun coat. “It’s the handsomest coat I’ve ever bought!” she says.

:woot::woot::woot:

She also talked about college life at Marymount Manhattan College which caused her to show love for New York City.

When she moved to LA for Glee and Supergirl Season 1, things changed for her...a little bit.

“'There’ll be the off chance that I’ll gravitate toward something I think is cool, but I am by no means hip to the times,' she says with a laugh. But she does look up to those women who are..."

And among those Melissa cites...none other than Lucy Lane herself Jenna Dewan Tatum whom she has become friends with.

“She always looks incredible”

And as we are 24 days away from Christmas, the Colorado girl loves to keep it cozy and in the family...

“My family hunkers down. We get into pajamas and do puzzles and play board games and have movie marathons. It’s something I’m looking forward to.”

But she will go for the glam as well...

“I think holiday party outfits are so fun,” she says, citing the sequins and tulle that only suit three short weeks every December: “You can’t wear [them] all year round — that’s why it feels so special.”

Also included in this article is a video which features a fashion shoot where Melissa again becomes Super...model.

And here are some of the high fashion outfits she wore

15306780_1777847395802458_358316421286985728_n.jpg

14624598_278996355831651_8161247407900721152_n.jpg

15253256_239056449849836_6355066441338716160_n.jpg

Given that it's blue it would be more of a night on the town Supergirl outfit.

15043546_232517817171023_6381328976647815168_n.jpg

And lastly, this would make the cape look jealous...

14504677_1154943751208937_1042565730140160000_n.jpg

W:ilv:W...Melissa is so beautiful.

"Edgy NPR"???

I actually used the "Patriots Day" portion of the article in my class today...we are talking about Hijab dress of Muslim women in my class today....and I thought it was interesting how she felt when she put it on.

Good article...

Kelly, let's not make me go to the Politics side of this forum, please. That's all I have to say. If you care about diversity not just of color and sex, but of mind and thought, that is TRUE diversity. Otherwise, it's just indoctrination. I was indoctrinated in college in the 90's and have since (at now 42) purged myself of leftist political views. Like the great Churchill supposedly said,

“Any man who is under 30, and is not a liberal, has not heart; and any man who is over 30, and is not a conservative, has no brains.”

What the heck are you talking about?

"Edgy NPR"???

I actually used the "Patriots Day" portion of the article in my class today...we are talking about Hijab dress of Muslim women in my class today....and I thought it was interesting how she felt when she put it on.

Good article...

I thought it was interesting too Kelly! Melissa is a very compassionate woman. Clearly, she can see and accept different point of views and cultures.

Another fact, which just reinforced my views on her is that she said she is partially an introvert. It is something that I have noticed in her interviews; she has fun at times, but she never talks about relationships or personal emotions, not unless asked; even then, limited. She also speaks less than the others. Even her twitter is the same. So, very different from Chyler.

Melissa Benoist gets to talk to the hometown paper The Denver Post and their "The Know" section. Aside from Supergirl and Patirots Day, and still having family all over CO, check out the end of the piece. Melissa looks to be going into the book biz.

When asked what to look for in 2017, aside from perhaps the prospects of a season 3 of Supergirl, there is this...

I’m working on a novel with my older sister Jessica that we’re kind of plugging away on called “Wherever the Wind Takes Me.” It’s still in the preliminary stages but very much inspired by our childhood in Colorado. Our grandparents would drive us around a lot of the ruins and closer to Utah and the Four Corners area, so it has a lot to do with the nature that we were brought up in. That’s actually where it takes place. It’s inspired by our roots.

Actress, singer, dancer, now possible author? What's next for her.

Looks like Melissa goes on the TV talk circuit again. This time it's on, according to KET, "Late Night with Seth Meyers", which comes on after The Tonight Show.

Looks like Melissa goes on the TV talk circuit again. This time it's on, according to KET, "Late Night with Seth Meyers", which comes on after The Tonight Show.

Do you know what day that will be? Probably to promote "Patriot's Day".

The subject will more than likely be Patriot's Day. But maybe supergirl will come up.

Looks like our Winn, Jeremy Jordan is getting "Live with Kelly" today and her co-host ABC "News" anchor David Muir. Although JJ's angle will be more about his project "Newsies", you never know. Check your listings.

Tomorrow, Chyler Leigh becomes the second Supergirl cast member to go on Hollywood Today Live. Of course Silver Banshee Italia Ricci was the first one to go on. Check local listings here

What is Hollywood Today Live? Never heard of it...

LeeAnn Aguilera of ET on the set with Melissa and Grant to talk the musical crossover...And I have a spoiler alert

When they sing...they are REALLY singing along to the Rachel Bloom penned song they recorded. This adds credibility.

[YT]K9hsY03XSp0[/YT]

Well actually they are singing over their recording which is how they did Glee, however they left some areas of the recording open for them to sing and do some improv...but most of it is pre-recorded....which of course is still them singing....what was actually really cool is that they recorded it together...that was some nifty scheduling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"