Legends of Tomorrow DC's Legends of Tomorrow Season 2 Episode 7: “Invasion”

So.... if the Dominators wanted Barry from the start then why didn't they just abduct him from the start with their teleportation beam?

So.... if the Dominators wanted Barry from the start then why didn't they just abduct him from the start with their teleportation beam?

Cisco changed things when he freed that alien in legends

Loved the episode. There were weird parts in it for sure. Leaving Thea out of action, the heroes not being in palpable danger among other things that has already been mentioned by folks in here.

One thing I didn't get was why were the Dominators actually against Meta-Humans??? What was their beef?? Kinda seemed random and cop-out like, maybe it's just me.

I really think that with better editing where scenes are allowed to play put longer for more impact would have helped but in any case I loved the crossovers and the Oliver-Barry ending was sweet.

Loved the episode. There were weird parts in it for sure. Leaving Thea out of action, the heroes not being in palpable danger among other things that has already been mentioned by folks in here.

One thing I didn't get was why were the Dominators actually against Meta-Humans??? What was their beef?? Kinda seemed random and cop-out like, maybe it's just me.

I really think that with better editing where scenes are allowed to play put longer for more impact would have helped but in any case I loved the crossovers and the Oliver-Barry ending was sweet.

Barry screwed up the timeline in Flashpoint which led the Dominators to think that all meta-humans were dangerous. So they decided that it was better to be safe than sorry and eliminate all meta-human.
Failing in that they decided that the next best thing would be to just take the Flash, as he was the one who caused all the problems in the first place and has the potential to create further problems.

The rating for last night's Crossover conclusion was 1.0 and 3.33 million viewers.

The crossover ratings are:
Supergirl - 1.1
Flash - 1.5
Arrow - 1.3
Legends of Tomorrow - 1.0

No doubt CW will want more crossovers in the near future as we have the Supergirl/ Flash musical crossover next year.

Felicity compares herself to Kara and then Ray says she kinda looks like his cousin. I mean, how could use a mirror line with regards to Ray and Kara? They don't look alike.

It is kind funny. Felicity thinks she and Kara look a bit alike, as Ray thinks Kara looks like his cousin - and Ray dated Felicity...:oldrazz:

Still liked it, but I think it was a little over-ambitious. It should have been a single Dominator ship over Star City, rather than all over the world. After losing the bomb, the Dominators could have regrouped and sent an all out attack against Star City and the Nascent Justice League. They may have had super powers, but against overwhelming numbers they could have been defeated.

As for the thing with Thea, she was all-in for battling the aliens until it hit too close to home as it were. I imagine being shown a glimpse of that dream world, one she desperately wanted to stay in, probably soured her on continuing. I would have liked a explanation for it, even if she had been somehow injured, but that's where they left it.

I asked once before but didn't get an answer, how were the Dominators handled in the comics?

This was better than the Arrow episode but I still didn't like that they left Supergirl on the sidelines so much and reduces Melissa's role. Even in the end battle it seemed to be mostly a CGI version of her and never seeing the real her hitting or throwing aliens. Even if it were a budgetary issue, she should have had more of a role in a dramatic way or doing something instead of just disappearing. I get that it's a Legends episode, but both Ollie and Barry had more of a role, and the Arrow cast just featured heavily in their own episode together with Cisco.

Also, since when does Ollie give Kara orders? He's not the team leader. Why didn't Barry speak on her behalf? Didn't he bring her to this world precisely to help and not just to help train? She might as well have gone back home. If this was meant to be a true crossover then Kara should have featured more. It seems more like a Flash, Arrow and Legends crossover with Supergirl being an afterthought.

I'm surprised they didn't have any Kara/ Felicity interactions whatsoever apart from Felicity making that mirror comment. But I don't think they ever actually spoke to each other in these episodes. Not that I'm complaining. I'm glad Kara wasn't gushing over how great Felicity is.

It's also sad that Thea didn't stick around. Why wouldn't she when the world is at stake?

Stein's daughter seems cute. I hope she's shows up more and she isn't completely kept a secret but gets to interact with others. She could develop a friendship with Caitlin. Maybe Cisco would be into her, given that she's a brilliant scientist herself.

I wish the episode finished on the Legends. It's their show. Flash and Arrow already had theirs, and yet they made it as if they were the focus.

This was better than the Arrow episode but I still didn't like that they left Supergirl on the sidelines so much and reduces Melissa's role. Even in the end battle it seemed to be mostly a CGI version of her and never seeing the real her hitting or throwing aliens. Even if it were a budgetary issue, she should have had more of a role in a dramatic way or doing something instead of just disappearing. I get that it's a Legends episode, but both Ollie and Barry had more of a role, and the Arrow cast just featured heavily in their own episode together with Cisco.

Also, since when does Ollie give Kara orders? He's not the team leader. Why didn't Barry speak on her behalf? Didn't he bring her to this world precisely to help and not just to help train? She might as well have gone back home. If this was meant to be a true crossover then Kara should have featured more. It seems more like a Flash, Arrow and Legends crossover with Supergirl being an afterthought.

I'm surprised they didn't have any Kara/ Felicity interactions whatsoever apart from Felicity making that mirror comment. But I don't think they ever actually spoke to each other in these episodes. Not that I'm complaining. I'm glad Kara wasn't gushing over how great Felicity is.

It's also sad that Thea didn't stick around. Why wouldn't she when the world is at stake?

Stein's daughter seems cute. I hope she's shows up more and she isn't completely kept a secret but gets to interact with others. She could develop a friendship with Caitlin. Maybe Cisco would be into her, given that she's a brilliant scientist herself.

I wish the episode finished on the Legends. It's their show. Flash and Arrow already had theirs, and yet they made it as if they were the focus.

I had a feeling Supergirl was shoehorned in and that it may have originally been a Flash/ Arrow/ Legends crossover.

The Supergirl and Flash part of the crossover was great, but the Arrow and Legends part wasn't.

Since they broadcasted the heroes to the entire US at the end on the news, how is no one in Star City sitting up at seeing Sara Lance alive and well and suited up?

Well is Sara Lance even supposed to be dead in this timeline post Flashpoint?

Since they broadcasted the heroes to the entire US at the end on the news, how is no one in Star City sitting up at seeing Sara Lance alive and well and suited up?

Nah that whole celebration thing was done privately, the president says as much in her speech.

Thats what I thought but I was confused since there was a camera in the shot
iXM6fIK.png

I had a feeling Supergirl was shoehorned in and that it may have originally been a Flash/ Arrow/ Legends crossover.

The Supergirl and Flash part of the crossover was great, but the Arrow and Legends part wasn't.

They had known that Supergirl was joining the CW for a long time though, presumably when the writers probably started writing the scripts for the current season.

Thats what I thought but I was confused since there was a camera in the shot
iXM6fIK.png

It's a shame Thea couldn't have been there in the shot too.

Also, I wonder how this crossover would've been different had Rip Hunter still been around. And would he have been abducted too? But why wasn't Heatwave? He's not a metahuman.

Also, they could've done with someone like Ragman in the final battle since he's pretty invulnerable too, unlike the other newbies.

I liked the scenes at the end with Oliver and Sara. Nice throwback to the good ol' days of Arrow season 2.

I asked once before but didn't get an answer, how were the Dominators handled in the comics?

They are evil alien conquerors, no bs about them being justified. The invasion killed lots(think millions worldwide) of people.

They are evil alien conquerors, no bs about them being justified. The invasion killed lots(think millions worldwide) of people.

Wait, what..?

No, I was wondering how they were handled (defeated) in the comics, not wondering how they were justified...:huh:

So did being passed at Barry make Cisco forget that he has the ability to shoot out vibrational energy bursts and doesn't require an armed weapon?

Wait, what..?

No, I was wondering how they were handled (defeated) in the comics, not wondering how they were justified...:huh:

IIRC by the Daxamites switching sides with their Kryptonian level powers.(but it has been many years since I read those comics)

EPIC Crossover, mostly done well. A few tweaks here and there would have made it an 'A+' story.

They should edit the 3 episodes together with the deleted scenes and release it as stand-a-lone video.
DC HEROES: INVASION!

Well not just the deleted scenes. They should trim the Arrow ones so it's more of a crossover and not the 100th episode if they want it to be a mini movie.

Also how come Grant got the "and" credit and Melissa got the "With" credit in this episode, but in the others Melissa got the "and" credit? I thought they'd be consistent for all.

I didn't like Thea sitting out the finale as well. I mean damn, she came out of retirement to fight aliens. Never got a punch in or a shot off.

It'd be strange as **** if Jackson and Steins daughter got together.

The big fight scene was very fun to watch, and so were a lot of the scenes involving the various spacecrafts. There were also a lot of cool-looking money shots of all the heroes assembled together. One of the biggest laughs I got from the episode was probably Mick briefly hitting on Kara before she left. "Hey Skirt, call me." Haha.

It is kind funny. Felicity thinks she and Kara look a bit alike, as Ray thinks Kara looks like his cousin - and Ray dated Felicity...:oldrazz:

Not sure about the Felicity comment. But Rays statement was indeed a highlight

Last edited:
The big fight scene was very fun to watch, and so were a lot of the scenes involving the various spacecrafts. There were also a lot of cool-looking money shots of all the heroes assembled together.
One of the biggest laughs I got from the episode was probably Mick briefly hitting on Kara before she left. "Hey Skirt, call me."
Haha.

:up: :up: Especially loved that part. :D :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

• C. Lee
    Superherohype Administrator

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88