Into the Spider-Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.
that hurts deep. DEEP.

i know some references etc, i'm not completely ignorant of die hard, i just haven't experienced it fully yet.

tenor.gif

7Quk.gif

LcVIZqW.gif

i have a 4k tv. die hard is on sale for 6.99 in 4k. i'm tempted to upgrade

Its definitely worth that price. And at a price of $6.99 if you dont like the film you can sale it for a bit more and easily make a small profit.

Edit: you talking about the digital HD version? Well, you cant resale that but as far as blind buys go it's a safe one.

maybe i'll follow along with how i kinda bullied you into your hitchcock reviews and start my own movie review thread lol
i worked 6-7 days a week practically every week for the past 14-15 months saving up and boosting my credit etc towards buying a house. i've hardly had time to sleep, let alone read, watch, play all the books, movies/shows and games i've wanted to.
i'm taking more me time in 2019!
Yesssss DO IT! :up:

Like I said, if CC live posts her first viewing it should get it's own thread.

In fact... It should be a regular thing. Call the thread... The Virgin Chronicles: ComicChick's First Viewings.

CC chooses something she's never seen before and posts while she watches it and we comment on her observations.

snitches get stitches

i plan to watch it this weekend. that will be my christmas movie of the year.

i have a list of about 25 movies i've never seen but want to, and am considering throwing them into a random generator and watching at least one a month in 2019.

that hurts deep. DEEP.

i know some references etc, i'm not completely ignorant of die hard, i just haven't experienced it fully yet.

threaten me again... and ill make you walk around on broken glass... NO SHOES,,, in naught but a tank top and khakis..... you silly fool... I AM THE DANGER

threaten me again... and ill make you walk around on broken glass... NO SHOES,,, in naught but a tank top and khakis..... you silly fool... I AM THE DANGER

(Wait a minute...? Is that House?)

I just woke from a nap ladies and gents.... ITS GO TIME

Sony finally released the greatest contribution to a Marvel film by a Chris:

Thus completing the Marvel Chris collection.

Hearing this in its entirety is one reason to watch the credits for Into the Spider-Verse. It's just fantastic. As is the post credits scene, which may be one of the best post-credits scenes ever.

Honestly, I would say for best CBM of the year, Avengers: Infinity War is my winner. But I never expected to walk away with Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse as my number 2 for the year. That movie was not on my radar at all, and yet...2nd best CBM of the year IMO.

Fat dude Wilson FIsk is way too overpowered in the 90s cartoon.

Fat dude Wilson FIsk is way too overpowered in the 90s cartoon.

In regards to Kingpin, I never found it believable that he was a physical threat to Spider-Man. Spider-Man can do inhuman feats of strength, while Fisk is simply a guy. Yes, he is a huge guy who they tell me is all muscle. But even these huge guys like that who go to those strong man competition cannot do anything near what Spider-Man can. So this notion that a basic dude, regardless of how much he trains, can bear hug Spider-Man possibly to death like he has been shown to have the ability to do in the comics and cartoon simply is not believable to me. I like Fisk more in general as a Daredevil villain. He works for Spider-Man for me in a Lex Luthor sort of way, where he has to out think the hero and has connections/money and such. But as a physical fight, no sir.

IW is definitely no.1 for me but I haven’t seen Spider-Verse yet.

In regards to Kingpin, I never found it believable that he was a physical threat to Spider-Man. Spider-Man can do inhuman feats of strength, while Fisk is simply a guy. Yes, he is a huge guy who they tell me is all muscle. But even these huge guys like that who go to those strong man competition cannot do anything near what Spider-Man can. So this notion that a basic dude, regardless of how much he trains, can bear hug Spider-Man possibly to death like he has been shown to have the ability to do in the comics and cartoon simply is not believable to me. I like Fisk more in general as a Daredevil villain. He works for Spider-Man for me in a Lex Luthor sort of way, where he has to out think the hero and has connections/money and such. But as a physical fight, no sir.
Yeah to this. The only writer I can think of who actually made Kingpin overpower Spider-Man in comics is Marv Wolfman, after getting unconscious a few times, every other writer remembered that he can be punched to death, and J.M.S showed it in gruesome detail with help from Ron Garney.
I remember reading the graphic novel from 2014 that introduced Theresa, all it took for Kingpin to fall there is one punch from a wounded Spider-Man.

I wonder why the 90s cartoon made that guy virtually unbeatable, even the Sinister Insidious Six were more like potato peel compared to Fisk in physical strength.

Yeah to this. The only writer I can think of who actually made Kingpin overpower Spider-Man in comics is Marv Wolfman, after getting unconscious a few times, every other writer remembered that he can be punched to death, and J.M.S showed it in gruesome detail with help from Ron Garney.
I remember reading the graphic novel from 2014 that introduced Theresa, all it took for Kingpin to fall there is one punch from a wounded Spider-Man.

I wonder why the 90s cartoon made that guy virtually unbeatable, even the Sinister Insidious Six were more like potato peel compared to Fisk in physical strength.

I always wondered this, as well. Kingpin was effectively Spider-Man's #1 nemesis in the cartoon. I think he was the villain in the most episodes of the show. But yeah I remember him bear hugging torturing them after a failure, and I am like Rhino and Scorpion alone can end you with raw strength, dude. Ock's arms can squash him, too.

I always wondered this, as well. Kingpin was effectively Spider-Man's #1 nemesis in the cartoon. I think he was the villain in the most episodes of the show. But yeah I remember him bear hugging torturing them after a failure, and I am like Rhino and Scorpion alone can end you with raw strength, dude. Ock's arms can squash him, too.
I love how in the gang war story between Ock and Owl Kingpin admitted to Spider-Man how terrified he is of Ock, and I was like "This is not the overpowered towering character from the cartoon". The more comics I read the more I understood why a Spider-Man fan I knew (years before joining this site) hated that cartoon.

anyone messes with naked shia leo will feel the wrath of 1000 reeks.

30 years ago if you said to my just starting school self that one day we would get Bumblebee and Aquaman movies, I would have answered "BEST NEWS EVER!!!" and "Why? How? No, no, why?". :D
I'mma still go see Aquaman in the theater though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"