Iron Fist Iron fist Costume thread

My argument was this:

He should have worn the costume in the tournament challenge in episode six or whenever it was (show the costume in the first episode without him wearing it to foreshadow it). He's wearing it because it's what he wears in a sacred competition like that.

Then he should wear it in the final battle. The symbolic idea is he recognizes that he's the Iron Fist as a fighter even when he fights for New York or himself or whatever as opposed to just for K'un Lun.

My hope is he'll be inspired by Daredevil next season to wear a costume, but I also want him to draw on his K'un Lun heritage for inspiration.

Unless he's inspired Daredevil to go without a costume and be more like Danny Rand. :o

I've spent an unhealthy amount of time thinking of ways that the costume could have been included in the first season. (More precisely the mask. That's all he really needed.) In doing so I've looked over interviews with Scott Buck saying how, "there was no good reason we could imagine to put Danny Rand in a costume." And all I could think was: "Then maybe...you should imagine...harder."

Yeah, had similar thoughts. Mine was mainly

''Then maybe...you shouldn't be working on the show......."

Buck's like a throwback to the dark days when film-makers didn't treat this stuff with the respect it deserves. Thankfully, more talented people than him think otherwise and they are really delivering.

We need a Scott Buck version of Black Panther. He can call it Buck Panther. A movie where there's never any opportunity or reason to wear any costumes. Even the Wakandans in that movie can't find reasons to wear African costumes. :o

And there's no reason to show Wakanda either. Just talk about it like Kun Lun. :o

We need a Scott Buck version of Black Panther. He can call it Buck Panther. A movie where there's never any opportunity or reason to wear any costumes. Even the Wakandans in that movie can't find reasons to wear African costumes. :o

And there's no reason to show Wakanda either. Just talk about it like Kun Lun. :o

And it'll just be T'Challa in his royal dinner jacket attending lots of board meetings. Riveting stuff.

It takes me back to these days:

HulkTrial01.jpg

They better get him his costume.

The cynic in me tells me that they wont give him (and us) one.

At most he'll be persuaded to put on a yellow tie around his head or try on one yellow slipper. And that will be in the final 15 minutes of episode 13. :o

If he ever does suit up in full costume

that's the moment he will immediately disintegrate from the Thanos snap and never even get to use his costume in action!

It amuses me that this is pretty much what Charlie Cox wore for his first 12 episodes.

And even that outfit is too advanced or unbelievable for Iron Fist. Even to get to something as basic as that he has to "earn it". :o

If you are not going to give iron Fist a costume, why in the blue h*ll are you working on shows about superheroes? Seriously, just make something else and get off the mic.

I used to take the day off if I was able and binge the Marvel Netflix stuff, now not as much but I make sure to watch them. However if I get word that Iron Fist season 2 has no costume in sight, I'm not even going to bother. I don't even care if everything else about it has good reviews...EMBRACE ELEMENTS OF THE CHARACTER (this includes their appearance).

Marvel has many well trained humans/Martial Arts/street level characters or even those with a little bit of a superpower but otherwise are well trained athletes.

Characters like Daredevil, Iron Fist, Mockingbird, Shang Chi, Hellcat, White Tiger, Nighthawk The Shroud or Moon Knight, may have very similar physical stats but if you want to make shows for any of them, you have to appreciate and embrace what makes them all very different (again including how their appearance), otherwise its wayyyyy to easy to eliminate elements and stripe them down and make them all way too similar.

Last edited:
If you are not going to give iron Fist a costume, why in the blue h*ll are you working on shows about superheroes? Seriously, just make something else and get off the mic.

I used to take the day off if I was able and binge the Marvel Netflix stuff, now not as much but I make sure to watch them. However if I get word that Iron Fist season 2 has no costume in sight, I'm not even going to bother. I don't even care if everything else about it has good reviews...EMBRACE ELEMENTS OF THE CHARACTER (this includes their appearance).

Marvel has many well trained humans/Martial Arts/street level characters or even those with a little bit of a superpower but otherwise a well trained athletes.

Characters like Daredevil, Iron Fist, Mockingbird, Shang Chi, Hellcat, White Tiger, Nighthawk The Shroud or Moon Knight, may have very similar physical stats but if you want to make shows for any of them, you have to appreciate and embrace what makes them all very different (again including how their appearance), otherwise its wayyyyy to easy to eliminate elements and stripe them down and make them all way too similar.

Exactly.

And there have been other martial arts movies where someone has had similar "powers" to Iron Fist. They know how to channel their chi into their fist or a part of their body to make it hard. And their Kung Fu is much better than Finn Jones.

The Netflix Iron Fist has nothing special about him at all that we haven't seen elsewhere before. He needs his costume to differentiate him from any other character.

I wish Scott Buck worked on Fifty Shades of Grey. It already was full of board meetings. Imagine Buck getting his hands on it and making the whole thing about them signing contracts of consent and going through all the terms and conditions. :o

Exactly.

And there have been other martial arts movies where someone has had similar "powers" to Iron Fist. They know how to channel their chi into their fist or a part of their body to make it hard. And their Kung Fu is much better than Finn Jones.

The Netflix Iron Fist has nothing special about him at all that we haven't seen elsewhere before. He needs his costume to differentiate him from any other character.

I wish Scott Buck worked on Fifty Shades of Grey. It already was full of board meetings. Imagine Buck getting his hands on it and making the whole thing about them signing contracts of consent and going through all the terms and conditions. :o

That would be a test question for me if I was the big boss setting up who is over Marvel TV, I would ask "how would you go about costumes and elements of the characters?" And if they said the nonsense we have reading about how they have a “hard time seeing how masks/costumes would work” etc, then seriously all of my other questions I would not even bother to ask them, they would simply be done with the interview. Even if they are not experts on the characters (Feige for example was not a expert on all of the Marvel characters), they have to be able to embrace the elements of the characters and if they can't I would set them other with some other television they would be a better fit for.

Superhero stuff has got a lot better the last 10 years; we do not have to be thirsty and just accept whatever someone puts out there. You want a loyal fan base? You do your job.

There is a myth that you can't cater to the Enthusiast as you have to cater to everyone so everyone will watch your show/movie/whatever, but that's nonsense.

I remember I was listening to a lecture of a very successful advertising professional; he used a sneaker as an example but said it applies to pretty much anything.

He said you "cater to the enthusiast as the enthusiast dictates the market and if it’s good, others will follow". He said if he was going to make a sneaker, he would not make a sneaker that "everyone likes" necessarily, he states he would poll and question and speak to those "sneaker enthusiasts" and make the shoe THEY would want, then when he releases it and the enthusiasts go after that shoe, they will bring everyone else.
Overall I agree with the guy and I think the best comic movies prove this.

The Dark Knight Trilogy was great, and if you got rid of Batman costume by just giving him military fatigues and a ski mask, and changed everyone else’s appearances, yeah it would have still been a great movie trilogy of a great character, but if you still called it Batman and got rid of those same important elements, many fans would riot as important elements of the character (his appearance and other characters likenesses) was eliminated to go for the more "realistic take".

I know it’s a balancing act…you can’t go full fanboy as that can backfire and many times, certain elements may not fit as they can be outdated, or not work in that type of medium, but you have to embrace enough where the character is recognizable and one can tell the essence and spirit of the character is embraced.

Last edited:
I’m definitely waiting on good word of mouth on this one. I watch too many things to commit to mediocrity like last time.

^It was quite the slog. After 3 episodes my binge stopped and I watched episodes here or there over the course of 2-3 weeks. Hoping for better. It has to be.

Judging from the teaser we'll see the costume in some form or fashion. I though it looked good.

I think the issue with the mask we see in the teaser, the original K'un-Lun one, is that this one looks cheesy indeed ( I have been reading allot of this here on the forums), they are new and ceremonial and it also appears the cloth doesn't have full tension along the side of the head/ears.
It simply appears it could be taken off as a hat lolz.

The mask of the black costume DD uses, it has full tension and makes it look more aerodynamic and sleek. It surely cannot be taken off as a hat.

If Danny and/or Davos would make their own masks with the original as inspiration, I am hoping that it has the tension of the DD mask, then I am fine :woot:

Last edited:
The eyes look a bit like they coloured it in with black marker.

Instead of those white dojo outfits they could've made them in green.

Except the green uniform is the uniform of the Iron Fist. I've said before that, for the Iron Fist outfit, they just need to give him a green Gi, but I'm fine with this one being white.

Using the same one as the dead Iron Fist, those white ones were because one of them were not Iron Fist yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monke77
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"