Iron Fist Iron Fist General Discussion Thread - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually HAVEN'T decided about the show itself, because I haven't seen it. I've made early opinions based on clips and trailers. I'm not sure why that is so hard to understand.

I'm a Marvel fan...I watch everything in the MCU. But I don't owe it to Marvel to enjoy everything they do. It is their responsibility to entertain us. I'm not one to convince myself that something is awesome just because it exists.

The Danny Rand you are describing is dangerously unqualified to be a superhero. We'll see if he actually learns anything and has a growth arc. According to the reviews, halfway through the season he is still an insultingly bad character that works to downgrade the other, stronger characters around him.

Dangerously unqualified?? Lol! Every superhero has his or her flaws. Very few of them step on the screen "qualified" to be a superhero. I don't care if Danny isn't yet transformed 6 episodes into the season (I'll judge for myself how much of an "insultingly bad character" he is). Get back to me at the end of the season, then *maybe* I'll agree (probably not).

To be fair, I haven't watched Iron Fist yet. So, I have no idea if the show itself is offensive or anything. The negative stuff I've heard, most of it has been about Jones, pacing, and the fight scenes. The offensive stuff seems to stem from casting Jones himself.

Atleast, that's been the source of what has been seen as offensive. I don't think anyone's been offended by the show. Yet, atleast. It hasn't been released.

I guess we'll see if there is. But, everything seems on that has, thus far, come from Jones being cast.

I don't think the titular hero has to be the "best". Going down that path leads you to 'Bat-god', and even with Batman it can be a problem to have someone who is the basically the best everything. I can go for a hero who isn't the best at anything, and has to earn everything through grit and punishment. It doesn't have to be, but I can go for that.

We shall see in just over an hour. I may watch the odd couple of episodes, but my marathon binge of the show is Saturday. I likely will be active on here late Sat or on Sunday.

Dangerously unqualified?? Lol! Every superhero has his or her flaws. Very few of them step on the screen "qualified" to be a superhero. I don't care if Danny isn't yet transformed 6 episodes into the season (I'll judge for myself how much of an "insultingly bad character" he is). Get back to me at the end of the season, then *maybe* I'll agree (probably not).

Sounds like you're the one who has already made up their mind.

Don't worry...I'm ready for the "He's a troll!" comments if I don't like it. They come every time I find ANY flaw in ANY comic tv show or movie.

Im up to ep 3 no spoilers but im absolutely loving it so far the critics were way off, im just as hooked as i was with the other shows.

Yeah for sure. It's good. Only two episodes in so I'll reserve final judgments. But the reviews were harsh.

It's really good guys...

I have feeling it's getting better every episode...i hope second half delivers....so excited to binge

2 episodes in, not bad, but not good. Definitely bored part way, and I started surfing the web while it's on. Still, for IF, disappointed the action scenes are no where near DD quality.

3 episodes in and I'm really liking it so far.

2 episodes in...direction sucks...editing sucks...script is cringe-worthy at parts...Danny is completely unlikable (if you are still rooting for Danny after 2 episodes then you are rooting for the comic book character, not the one presented in this tv show). His greatest ally is coincidence. His name is in the title, so we're supposed to go along with his actions...but I REALLY wish that it was possible that he was a fraud and that the real Danny Rand hasn't debuted yet.

But then...I just stayed up all night to binge watch a show in a cinematic universe that I have seen every movie and every episode of every tv show in because I'm a troll that hates Marvel. I couldn't possibly want to enjoy myself.

2 episodes in...direction sucks...editing sucks...script is cringe-worthy at parts...Danny is completely unlikable (if you are still rooting for Danny after 2 episodes then you are rooting for the comic book character, not the one presented in this tv show). His greatest ally is coincidence. His name is in the title, so we're supposed to go along with his actions...but I REALLY wish that it was possible that he was a fraud and that the real Danny Rand hasn't debuted yet.

But then...I just stayed up all night to binge watch a show in a cinematic universe that I have seen every movie and every episode of every tv show in because I'm a troll that hates Marvel. I couldn't possibly want to enjoy myself.
So is your point to prove to everyone your dislike is somehow righteous? Because crying about how others will react to your "review" is kind of... yeah. :funny:

Watched one episode, liked it quite a bit. Will see where it goes.

I don't care if you a troll or not. I care that you spew negativity in every Marvel thread you go. Here, AOS name it. People are just tired. maybe you should check the CW shows, they could be more in your wheelhouse.

I got to work today, so I won't be watching the show until later (with St. Patrick's Day, possibly Saturday when it's raining). That being said, I watched the intro. It's not bad, but certainly seems a bit underwhelming. I'm fine with the animation, but I wish the music had a bit more oomph to it.

Alright, so, four episodes in. I don't think this is bad, I don't even think it's boring, but it does move very, very slowly and seemed pretty aimless until this last episode. I like the acting and the fights I don't think are as terrible as they were made out.

Yeah so salty I had to stop at episode 3. Luke Cage is my favorite show because I relate to it so much but Iron Fist > DD & JJ so far IMO

And the mansplaning and whitesplaning criticism really makes me dislike critics this show is NOT racist!

I loled at the fact that [BLACKOUT]Ward has his fathers phone number input as "Frank N. Stein"[/BLACKOUT] :woot:

About to start episode 3. I thought ep 2 was a vast improvement over ep1, I hated the dialogue in ep 1.

I've finished episode one, it's certainly slower and felt fairly directionless, but it wasn't too bad. It just needs to pick up the pace a little. Won't be binging as quickly as the other shows.

Also, just had something pretty cool spoiled, so that sucks. Damn you internet! :argh:

Episode one was nothing special. Its directionless. Rand is bland so far. Nothing Ive seen of him so far makes me excited to see him next to Luke Cage. Script probably needed another polish. Rand checks every box in the "How to not properly convince people you are you" book.
The fight choreography comes off better in the trailer but is still nothing to write home about.
I found it weird that we didn't see the actual use of the Iron Fist in the first episode.

Does this Ward character get any action this series?
He was quite the fighter on Banshee.

3 episodes in and I'm certainly enjoying it. I think Danny's good, the fight scenes aren't incredible, but they work and I'm liking Hogarth in this more than JJ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"