Iron Man IRONMAN Casting Thread [merged-15]

Status
Not open for further replies.
First time in these parts of the SHH! forums ...

Got this from E!Online:

"Ultimately, Hayter rewrote a draft penned by Smallville creators Alfred Gough and Miles Millar. So now, Nick Cassavetes is directing and, reportedly, Leonardo DiCaprio is interested. (The script is one of several in a stack at his bedside, according to a recent Vanity Fair article.)"

I've looked over this thread, and some of the ideas are really pretty good. But some of them, I kinda wonder if the people have ever read the comic. After watching a lot of movies, I've seen a lot of actors who can do a lot of roles...and one of the best for this role I think would be Jim Caviezel. He's got range (Passion, Angel Eyes, Frequency), he's young, and he's got the look that could be a businessman or a super hero...and obviously Tony Stark is both. Jim Caviezel for Iron Man. Write it up now!

I want Tom Criuse, That would give me one big happy... if he could do it after MI:3 I don't think that would be bad... we really wouldn't want Superman, X-Men 3 and other coming out at the same time as Iron Man anyway.

I'd like Tom Cruise, Ethan Hawke, Leonardo DiCaprio, Justin Theroux, Clive Owen, Jim Caviezel, Johnny Depp, or Ewan McGregor, as I think they're all great actors who could do the character justice.

In the order I want them:

1. Tom Cruise
2. Joaquin Phoenix
3. Matthew McConoughey (sans the accent)

He's been getting some bigger roles as of late, even an Oscar nod. But yet he is relatively unknown.

Any one who is being thought of to play James Bond should be an automatic for Tony Stark.

Kiefer Sutherland would make an excellent Tony Stark.

Tom Cruise would do good, but from what I hear not only is he doing other movies, but the story they have is about a Father-Son relationship, so maybe Tony will be 20 or so. Now, if so Tom is getting a little old now. I know he seems to stay young forever, but that isn't true. I'm not sure he can pull of a 20 year old. But, if he is 30-35 maybe Tom could do it and I'd be happy. Either way as long as they don't get Justin Timberlake or Leonardo Decrapio I'm sure Tony Shark will be great.

Night said:
Tom Cruise would do good, but from what I hear not only is he doing other movies, but the story they have is about a Father-Son relationship, so maybe Tony will be 20 or so. Now, if so Tom is getting a little old now. I know he seems to stay young forever, but that isn't true. I'm not sure he can pull of a 20 year old. But, if he is 30-35 maybe Tom could do it and I'd be happy. Either way as long as they don't get Justin Timberlake or Leonardo Decrapio I'm sure Tony Shark will be great.
Anyone besides Justin Timberlake and I'll be pretty happy. That's the most disturbing thing I've heard since Nick Cage as Superman.

It seems like they wrote the part for an early 30's Tony Stark. So no Tom Cruise, Owen, Depp, Brosnam...

The problem is that I can't just visualize a young Tony Stark (let's forget that crappy storyline with a teenage Iron Man).
Who could portray a young charming alcoholic millionaire?

Antonello Blueberry said:
It seems like they wrote the part for an early 30's Tony Stark. So no Tom Cruise, Owen, Depp, Brosnam...
I agree. While I like most of the guys mentioned for Tony I think they might go a little younger, late 20's, early 30's.

Antonello Blueberry said:
The problem is that I can't just visualize a young Tony Stark (let's forget that crappy storyline with a teenage Iron Man).
Who could portray a young charming alcoholic millionaire?
Leonardo DiCaprio portrayed a young, charming, obsessive-compulsive, billionaire in 'The Aviator'. An awesome movie, that he might win an Oscar for, so I could totally see a younger Tony Stark.

Who thinks Leonardo CiCaprio should be Iron Man? Raise your hand. I don't like it personally, but I'm still mad about Titanic being so popular with getting the most money ever for a movie in the box office, winning 11 Academy Awards, with a movie that shows a ship sink, and the only reason is because every female saw it 10-15 times. I truly don't think Leonardo is a horrible actor, but he does seem to have the same character in every movie he does. He's the cocky, young, baby faced, oppsessed sometimes, denial, person. I'm just plainly not a fan.

Night said:
Who thinks Leonardo CiCaprio should be Iron Man? Raise your hand. I don't like it personally, but I'm still mad about Titanic being so popular with getting the most money ever for a movie in the box office, winning 11 Academy Awards, with a movie that shows a ship sink, and the only reason is because every female saw it 10-15 times. I truly don't think Leonardo is a horrible actor, but he does seem to have the same character in every movie he does. He's the cocky, young, baby faced, oppsessed sometimes, denial, person. I'm just plainly not a fan.
I never considered myself a Leo DiCaprio fan either, but I have to say he did an amazing job in The Aviator. I understand what you mean about him playing the same character a lot too, which was another great thing about him this movie. He genuinely came off as Howard Hughes. I'm not saying I want him as Iron Man, although I wouldn't mind, but I was using it more to justify that a young, billionaire playboy can be done as well as a middle-aged one. Actually I think it might work better. He won't be as mature and will make mistakes, be more reckless, more like, well....... a playboy. Just a playboy who happens to have a gift for technology.

Night said:

This is why we should get someone a little older.....slightly more distinguished.....a bit obscure....

Like....

THE QUAID!!!

:D Hahaha! Just when you thought it was safe...

just a thought...how about Ed Burns?

Tom Cruise until they choose differently. I just would like it personally

RabbitSamurai said:
This is why we should get someone a little older.....slightly more distinguished.....a bit obscure....

Like....

THE QUAID!!!

:D Hahaha! Just when you thought it was safe...
why not?:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back