Superman Returns Is singer messing with us?

Nightwing1977 said:
Well, the trailer wasn't cringe worthy to me. Just because one don't like the trailer shouldn't think the movie will be pure "suckage". This isn't "Batman & Robin", folks. :p
I agree..the trailer was great IMHO...even though Oldguy thinks I am a ******ed simpleton for liking what I have seen of SR.

Super Adw said:
How would you feel if the review was overly positive?

I get the feeling based off your posts you love the fact that the review slammed it,I mean the trailer itself is cringe worthy in your view.
I'd feel better. Not convinced, but better. I was very postive about this untill the trailer and Morarity's comments about the script and then the info about the kid...

Venom71 said:
I agree..the trailer was great IMHO...even though Oldguy thinks I am a ******ed simpleton for liking what I have seen of SR.

I am pretty sure he said he liked parts of the trailer, CGI and some other comments aside.

Nivek said:
As a Hulk fan, when all that crap went down with the Work-cut Leak, I was more furious that Drew/Moriarty only mentioned "Negative" reviews were coming in. Then everyone (or at least the fanboys exspecting it to be bad) assumed it was indeed bad, and the stain never went away.

I actually was very negative toward ang Lee's take on Hulk, and after seeing it, really appreciated alot of Hulk elements he brought to the film. It isn't as bad, as a Hulk fan, as people made it out to be.

I went into the hulk really hyped up, and I remember standing in line waiting to be let into the theater, and having people walk out from the show that just let out, and hearing people say that the movie sucked.
I agreed after I saw it... I was very upset because I was expecting something Epic, and all we got was a load of horse poo.
The movie "The Hulk" was just terrible, and Ang Lee is 100% at fault... He was the wrong director the job.
He's a good director just not good for superhero movies.

ultimatefan said:
If there were test screenings AICN would be getting lots of reviews right now...

Test screenings aren't press conferences. Brainiac could well have been in a test group that don't care enough to post a review on the internet. Most likely what happened is Brainiac was the only one who was stupid enough to violate the confidentiality agreement.

Showtime029 said:
I am pretty sure he said he liked parts of the trailer, CGI and some other comments aside.

Yup, gave it a 7/10. Venom is misrepresenting me as usual, big surprise.

Showtime029 said:
You're theory would hold a little better for me if UGO didn't call the movie "a rough cut" without special effects. Why would the movie not have any special effects at this point?...

So studio heads can give final approval with an accurate sense of where the movie is going, so crew can guage the timing, and pacing of a movie, and so it can be tested against sample audiences, who sign confidentiality agreements to remain silent.

Rough cuts exist of every movie made. Think of it as a collection of dailies. So some shots might still be green screened, some scenes might only be animatics, or storyboard panels with accompanying dialogue and camera moves, interwoven with more polished scenes.

Oldguy said:
So studio heads can give final approval with an accurate sense of where the movie is going, so crew can guage the timing, and pacing of a movie, and so it can be tested against sample audiences, who sign confidentiality agreements to remain silent.

Rough cuts exist of every movie made. Think of it as a collection of dailies. So some shots might still be green screened, some scenes might only be animatics, or storyboard panels with accompanying dialogue and camera moves, interwoven with more polished scenes.

Rough cuts are almost NEVER seen outside of a movie studio. All of the screenings that I've ever been to(quite a few)have always been of nearly completed material. Men in Black, ID4, Spider-man. I worked briefly at sony animation so they would use us for lot screenings. Gen public screenings are usually held by the studios marketing department.

JamalYIgle said:
Rough cuts are almost NEVER seen outside of a movie studio....I worked briefly at sony animation so they would use us for lot screenings...

Did you ever manage to sneak a friend or roomate into a screening of a rough cut?

I have.

once again, Rough cuts do not contain footage that was NEVER SHOT in the first place. And since it was never shot the only place to get the info would be to read the old script, so it seems whoever this is got his hands on what he thought was a final script ( or knew was not the final script) and gave a false review based on that.

All I care about is the truth.

IF the UGO review was real, I would just stay quiet,
grit my teeth and deal with it. I have a thick skin
and can do that. I might get a little mopey, but life
goes on.

BUT -- the review is a lie. A fabrication. It made the
mistake of mentioning ideas that were abandoned,
scenes that were NEVER shot, and dialogue that was cut
from the script over a year ago. Therefore, the review
was pulled from the site. Not for "damage control"
reasons as some skeptics and conspiracy theorists
have claimed, but because it was proven untrue. The
person who wrote it read the same extremely outdated
draft that Moriarty did, and falsely submitted it as a
review of a rough cut.

Now ask yourself, what kind of person would go out of
their way to submit a false review, other than
someone who wants to intentionally hurt the film? The
type of person who wants you guys to have doubts and
start fighting with each other? Is this the type of
person you want to listen to?

If a news site like CNN or NYTimes published a film
review, but later discovered the critic never actually
saw the movie, you can bet they'd pull it from their
site. Not because of conspiracy reasons, or fear of
studio reprisal, but because a reputable news site
cares about the truth, and wouldn't want a false
review or a shady critic to tarnish their reputation.

Again, if that review was true, I'd stay quiet, or
maybe tell people to sit tight because it's a rough
cut, then let the film speak for itself when it's
released. But I only feel like saying something
because that review was a lie, and people deserve to
know that.

P.S.
If you still don't believe me, then watch the trailer
and count the action beats. I think you'll find more
than just two (as both reviews have claimed)...and
there are still more to come.

Can somebody tell me where I can find this review? I went to the UGO site and cant find it.

TimDrakeRobin45 said:
...P.S.
If you still don't believe me, then watch the trailer
and count the action beats. I think you'll find more
than just two (as both reviews have claimed)...and
there are still more to come.

Judging from the fact that you don't know what a sequence is, and how it's different from a scene, I will remain unconvinced in light of your "proof".

tonytr1687 said:
Can somebody tell me where I can find this review? I went to the UGO site and cant find it.

It has been aken down because it was found to be false

tonytr1687 said:

No you sure cannot, amazing what an army of corperate lawyers can get done with a mere threat of litigation isn't it?

Oldguy said:
Judging from the fact that you don't know what a sequence is, and how it's different from a scene, I will remain unconvinced in light of your "proof".

the p.s. was actually from mike not from me, and he is actually part of the editing process, so I tend to take his word.

And I actually am in film school and work with movies so yea, I have an idea.

TimDrakeRobin45 said:
the p.s. was actually from mike not from me, and he is actually part of the editing process, so I tend to take his word.

And I actually am in film school and work with movies so yea, I have an idea.

Lol, who is Mike? Hell, if Mike says so, then you know it is the truth!

TimDrakeRobin45 said:

Well I thought the cheese ass dialogue from the trailer was proof of what in idiot he was, now he passes on this little gem of ignorance?

LMFAO! The script writer doesn't know the difference between a sequence and a scene. Rao save us all.

Oldguy said:
Well I thought the cheese ass dialogue from the trailer was proof of what in idiot he was, now he passes on this little gem of ignorance?

LMFAO! The script writer doesn't know the difference between a sequence and a scene. Rao save us all.

I think it's fun how everyone in here knows more about making movies than the pros

TimDrakeRobin45 said:
I think it's fun how everyone in here knows more about making movies than the pros

I know what you mean :up: .

Everyone's a critic.

TimDrakeRobin45 said:
Mike Dougherty THE WRITER
Why don't you pass on to Mike that he cannot write believeable dialogue for ****... Tell him Stewie said so. Tell him he is lucky Bryan Singer is carrying his ass along in hollywood, because if he had to fend for himself like the rest of us he would be spending the rest of his days submitting query letters and never getting his crap produced. Tell Mike that. And, tell him his shirts are too small on him.

TimDrakeRobin45 said:

I think it's terribly ****ing sad, that you consider Singer's klingons "pros".

Stewie Griffin said:
Why don't you pass on to Mike that he cannot write believeable dialogue for ****... Tell him Stewie said so. Tell him he is lucky Bryan Singer is carrying his ass along in hollywood, because if he had to fend for himself like the rest of us he would be spending the rest of his days submitting query letters and never getting his crap produced. Tell Mike that. And, tell him his shirts are too small on him.

Co-sign.

Actually it is widley beleived that X2 is the second best comic book film ever made second only to STM I believe mike had a hand in that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Philippe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"