Is there any hero...

Funny though; when it comes to mutants, people seem to wanna focus on them. I've never heard of any X-Man being attacked through his/her family.

Chris Wallace said:
Funny though; when it comes to mutants, people seem to wanna focus on them. I've never heard of any X-Man being attacked through his/her family.

A fate best not tempted:woot:

Chris Wallace said:

That woud make no sense attacking an X-man family, their family are in most cases not a mutant. Poeple use to dislike mutants alot, but they don't hate the mutants human mother..why would they?:huh: I dun see the point in killing some human woman, becasue her son can fly etc. then it becomes something more then hate, it just becomes pure villiany. besides most of the X-man "family" are the other x-men.

Chris Wallace said:
NO-if there's a serious danger of someone you love getting hurt then it's illogical for you to do it. I covered that in my opening post.

no. you didn't. you stated an opinion thats all.
Not only that, it was an incredibly one sided and narrowly focused opinion that considered only one factor.

As I it's really two seperate questions.

I'm quite surprised cap is against this act, i saw him as the most likely person to do it...

he literally has nothing to lose, he's practically an alien, or at least he was...

THe problem is that the heroes who have secret identities have them generally for a reason and the writers have solidified the reasons for them having it, so anything to the contrary just seems stupid because there is plenty of evidence to show it's a bad idea.

Chris Wallace said:
Cap went public a few years ago, when his book became the anti-terrorism title.
whyDID cap go public during that period? i remember he was trying to lure terrorists out
and why is it that joey q and his minions hate secret id's?:ninja:

Chris Wallace said:
enemies of x-men are other mutants that can probably relate to such an attack being immoral...

besides, i've always seen the x-men as renegades rather than heroes, it's probably all about their perspective on their efforts in the marvel universe and whether they are appreciated or not.

like the heroes in marvel are avengers, fantastic four, spidey to some extent depending on who is writing him...

x-men and hulk don't get the kinda welcome wagon as the rest.

3dman27 said:
whyDID cap go public during that period? i remember he was trying to lure terrorists out
and why is it that joey q and his minions hate secret id's?:ninja:

Well, his family all died over 70 years ago, and all of his friends are more than capable of taking care of themselves. He doesn't need a secret identity.

Well for Marvel no one else to my knowledge has anyone to protect with a secret ID but Spidey. One of the things I love about the superhero mythos is that the hero has to juggle a secret identity

November Rain said:
I'm quite surprised cap is against this act, i saw him as the most likely person to do it...

he literally has nothing to lose, he's practically an alien, or at least he was...

THe problem is that the heroes who have secret identities have them generally for a reason and the writers have solidified the reasons for them having it, so anything to the contrary just seems stupid because there is plenty of evidence to show it's a bad idea.
Cap opposes it b/c he sees it as an infringement on civil liberties.

November Rain said:
enemies of x-men are other mutants that can probably relate to such an attack being immoral...

besides, i've always seen the x-men as renegades rather than heroes, it's probably all about their perspective on their efforts in the marvel universe and whether they are appreciated or not.

like the heroes in marvel are avengers, fantastic four, spidey to some extent depending on who is writing him...

x-men and hulk don't get the kinda welcome wagon as the rest.
For the most part you're right about their enemies. And I think the mutant haters just see their families as unfortunate victims who can't help what their children are.

gildea said:
no. you didn't. you stated an opinion thats all.
Not only that, it was an incredibly one sided and narrowly focused opinion that considered only one factor.

As I it's really two seperate questions.
I don't buy that. It's illogical to knowingly endanger people you care about. How can you say otherwise?

Chris Wallace said:
For the most part you're right about their enemies. And I think the mutant haters just see their families as unfortunate victims who can't help what their children are.
yeah

as a member of friends of humanity, the best course of action would be to rally up the relatives and get them to turn against their mutant relatives (which would be difficult) instead of murdering them.

Chris Wallace said:

Jean Grey's sister was killed by an X-villain and then the whole family was later wipeed out by the shi'ar

Difficult but not impossible. Some would turn on their sons, daughters, cousins, etc. b/c their fear of mutants is just that strong.

roach said:
Jean Grey's sister was killed by an X-villain and then the whole family was later wipeed out by the shi'ar
was that directly due to unveiling though, or could it have been stopped by having an dual identity?

roach said:
I completely forgot about that. Y'know why? 'Cause they never talk about it. You hear about Gwen Stacey every 3 weeks. You hear about Karen Paige every few months. (I count DD's vision of his wife being murdered by Bullseye as a passive reference.) But they never really say much about Jean's family.

November Rain said:
was that directly due to unveiling though, or could it have been stopped by having an dual identity?
Good point.

jean dies every other day, she gets to see her family plenty;)

Also true. Morbid but true. Do you think she passes by Kenny on the way to & from the afterlife?

November Rain said:

it could have been stopped by a dual identity but at the time Jean was running around with no mask.

I don't know what made this pop up in my head, but I was just remembering an episode of Batman TAS in which Batgirl dreamed she got killed on the job & all hell broke loose. 1 thing they had that I'm sure would happen if Bats ever did go public, was several of his old enemies filing lawsuits against him.

Chris Wallace said:
I don't know what made this pop up in my head, but I was just remembering an episode of Batman TAS in which Batgirl dreamed she got killed on the job & all hell broke loose. 1 thing they had that I'm sure would happen if Bats ever did go public, was several of his old enemies filing lawsuits against him.

yea htat epsiode was for mthe new batman adventures [the sequel to BTAS] it was claled "Over the edge". The only real reason all hell broke loose, is that commisoner Jim gordon blamed batman for his daughters death. So after he checked bat-girls computer, that had all the dirt on the gotham knights, and so he went after Bruce at his home etc. I can't see something like that happeing in marvel, since marvel comics don't have the "young sidekicks" like DC jokinly has had for years.

Bucky anyone :D

But seriously, they haven't had the sidekicks for a long time now and DC just keeps going... and that epsiode was pretty good.

roach said:
it could have been stopped by a dual identity but at the time Jean was running around with no mask.
a mask isn't always required for a dual identity to be in place

:supes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"