Transformers Is there anything that is based on G1?

Dotten

Civilian
Reaction score
In the beginning the writers said that a lot will be based on G1, and also they would introduce some new transformers.

But after what have leaked so far, I don't see anything resembling G1. OP is not a flatnose, Bumblebee is a Camaro and Megatron a spacecraft (or a tank?).

And as far as I know, none of the original voices have been cast yet.

So, what is based on G1? Something in the story? Any of the transformers coming in their original look?

Please, just give me anything. I love transformers more then anything entertainment like (Optimus Prime is my all time favourite toy,alongside Snarl and Grimlock). If not (a bit early to tell, I know), why say that a lot will be based on G1? Just to bring our hopes up, and then crushing them?

I want the movie to give me some kind of nostalgic feeling. But I'm pretty skeptic...

Ahh, hell. Just bring in a sequel and give us Grimlock. That woul make my day :)

Maybe the Arc will be in it.....I don't know.

I guess when they said it was based on G1 it meant the same thing as when Coppola said his Dracula was to be the most faithful adaption of Stoker's work.

ComicKoryn said:
Maybe the Arc will be in it.....I don't know.

Siphoning natural resources?
Race to build the space bridge?

From what we know the plot will be "Quest for The Energon Cube"... which seems to be a holy grail or something..... something akin to the Creation Matrix, which is cool I guess.... or Matrix of Leadership, which I always thought was pretty corny in TF The Movie.

And neither the cartoon nor comic involved big "story arcs" over it. It was just there in Optimus' head (or chest in the movie)... taken for granted.

To ME, Transformers was always about natural resources and defending the environment from exploitation. But, that's just me. I'm a hippie I guess.

Wait, did you mean Ark?
Based on the script reviews and rumors, there is no Ark in the movie.

And, suppossedly no Cybertron either. It was blown up long ago.

Which, I guess makes searching for "The Energon Cube" (Allspark?) that much more important.

YES!

It will have giant robots that transform into cars.

Other than that no.

THis is TINO

"Transformers in name only"

I bet the main charectors will be humans, they will fight the Decepticons, and only have the autobots at the end to help destoy them.

Think WAR OF THE WORLDS giant robot things killing people.

Micheal Bay has said he was more of a GO-Bots fan anyway.

Plus he said he always wanted to make a movie like "Maximum Overdrive" and now this is chance to make a pseudo sequal.

WTF!

By the way Steven Speilburg always says he is a big fan, but he acts like it was only a toy line, and never a cartoon TV show.
Every interview he references the TOYS but never the cartoon TV show.

221417.jpg

maxover2.jpg

Fraking GO-Bots? Oh god. My expectations for this movie went the way of the dodo bird.

Go-Bots ... Well that makes sense as to why Bumblebee looked like a Bioncle. Oh well.

CFlash said:
Wait, did you mean Ark?
Ravaged by war and somehow further dilapidated by the Matrix flying off into space, but not destroyed completely. At least that's the impression I got. Plus it'd be a suicidal move in light of their hopes for sequels.

I thought somewhere in the AICN Bay office visit it was mentioned that we do see Cybertron in the movie

NO cybertron!?!?!?!

that blows, Does that mean no Shockwave? (not soundwave)

Shockwave always stayed on cybertron.

Where are they going to take the energon cubes then?

zer00 said:
I thought somewhere in the AICN Bay office visit it was mentioned that we do see Cybertron in the movie
Yes, in a flashback. I wouldn't be suprised if Hasbro plan to sell the characters in their Cybertronian forms. Infact I'd be suprised if they didn't.

chaos123x said:
NO cybertron!?!?!?!

that blows, Does that mean no Shockwave? (not soundwave)

Shockwave always stayed on cybertron.

Where are they going to take the energon cubes then?

No idea about good ol' Shockwave.
And from what anybody can tell there are NO "energon cubes."..... this movie isn't about siphoning Earth's natural resources. There is A "Energon Cube" (singular) which is apparently a holy grail of some sort.

zer00 said:

In a flashback. As the story is related to Spike.

But then again. This is all from an outdated leaked script. Maybe lots has changed. Who knows.

cybertron will be shown in some sort of hologram and we will get to see some of the original alt.forms of some of the transformers. i read that some while back, so they could have deleted that whole scene(hope not).

chaos123x said:
They changed Spike's name to Sam.
They kept 'Spike' as his nickname though, which is pobably the best solution anyway. Assuming it's still current.

CFlash said:
Wait, did you mean Ark?
Based on the script reviews and rumors, there is no Ark in the movie.

Which, I guess makes searching for "The Energon Cube" (Allspark?) that much more important.
Actually, Cybertron is not blown up, apparently that was just a bad rumor (unless I've heard wrong). There is one flashback that will have Prime tell of the war on Cybertron. He will use a 3-Dimension Holographic Device to help show his story.

I wonder, does anyone actually have any quotes to back up this crap in here?

geomon said:
I wonder, does anyone actually have any quotes to back up this crap in here?

From the first script review. Perhaps overexaggerated or taken out of context... who knows:

"The script opens 1 million years before the dawn of man with the energon cube hurtling through space on it’s path towards Earth. A narrator tells us that the ravages of war destroyed Cybertron, a war raged between the legions who worship chaos and those who follow freedom. They battled for a supreme power, the Energon Cube. It’s origin unknown yet it bears the life-force that created the transformer race. They fought until their world was awash in death until the very ground swallowed whole their once mighty cities and the cube was lost to the limitless stars."

http://www.latinoreview.com/scriptreview.php?id=25

Now I know Cybertron was mired in conflict for millions of years- we all know that- but destroyed? The script review makes it sound like it went the way of Krypton.

CFlash said:
From the first script review. Perhaps overexaggerated or taken out of context... who knows:

"The script opens 1 million years before the dawn of man with the energon cube hurtling through space on it’s path towards Earth. A narrator tells us that the ravages of war destroyed Cybertron, a war raged between the legions who worship chaos and those who follow freedom. They battled for a supreme power, the Energon Cube. It’s origin unknown yet it bears the life-force that created the transformer race. They fought until their world was awash in death until the very ground swallowed whole their once mighty cities and the cube was lost to the limitless stars."

Now I know Cybertron was mired in conflict for millions of years- we all know that- but destroyed? The script review makes it sound like it went the way of Krypton.
One thing I like to point out is that the script they reviewed is one of the earlier drafts, Theres no telling how many drafts of the script were done until they had the official one, So its possible that they made some changes in the script afterword.

CFlash said:

wasnt it destroyed in cybertron(series)?

CFlash said:

Just to clarify...kinda...
That statement does NOT say Cybertron is destroyed. It says the great Cities of Cybertron were destroyed and sayign Cybertron was destroyed could be like saying how badly damaged the planet is, not necessarily that it was wiped out completely.

WalkingDead said:
Just to clarify...kinda...
That statement does NOT say Cybertron is destroyed. It says the great Cities of Cybertron were destroyed and sayign Cybertron was destroyed could be like saying how badly damaged the planet is, not necessarily that it was wiped out completely.

You say, "That statement does NOT say Cybertron is destroyed."
Yet right there it says "the ravages of war destroyed Cybertron." :confused:

But, I understand what you're saying. (As I noted) it could be an exaggeration on the reviewers part or taken out of context. After all. that script review isn't exactly a very well-written piece.

CFlash said:
You say, "That statement does NOT say Cybertron is destroyed."
Yet right there it says "the ravages of war destroyed Cybertron." :confused:

But, I understand what you're saying. (As I noted) it could be an exaggeration on the reviewers part or taken out of context. After all. that script review isn't exactly a very well-written piece.
maybe like terminator 2 in the future....

thats how i imagined it....... not krypton

CFlash said:
And from what anybody can tell there are NO "energon cubes."..... this movie isn't about siphoning Earth's natural resources. There is A "Energon Cube" (singular) which is apparently a holy grail of some sort.

In other words, they took the "Cosmic Cube" concept from Marvel Comics and attached it to something entirely uncomparable in Transformers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"