Transformers Is there anything that is based on G1?

TigerClaw said:
One thing I like to point out is that the script they reviewed is one of the earlier drafts, Theres no telling how many drafts of the script were done until they had the official one, So its possible that they made some changes in the script afterword.
I hope so. Some of that narrative is cringeworthy. They should have them speak normal English.

chaos123x said:
Micheal Bay has said he was more of a GO-Bots fan anyway.
Then that is the movie he should have made instead of raping Transformers.

Creature SH said:
In other words, they took the "Cosmic Cube" concept from Marvel Comics and attached it to something entirely uncomparable in Transformers.

Actually, I think the so called "Energon Cube" is based off of the Creation Matrix from the Marvel Comics continuity. The script review specifically mentions that it is the artifact the grants TF's sentience.

In regards to this thread, I think people need to realize that this Transformers isn't going to be a strict adaptation of G1. Think of it as a new continuity. If anything, consider it to be a reinvented version of G1, and not an IDW-style update.

cb48026 said:
In regards to this thread, I think people need to realize that this Transformers isn't going to be a strict adaptation of G1. Think of it as a new continuity. If anything, consider it to be a reinvented version of G1, and not an IDW-style update.

So it will not be a lot of G1, including some new characters that people have never seen before?

Funny, because that is what Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman (the writers) stated back in 2005. :)

http://www.iesb.net/sony2005/101705.php

So I expect the movie to be a lot of G1, because that is what they told us. If they wanted it to be a new continuity or a reinvented version, then they should have told us that.

Dotten said:
So it will not be a lot of G1, including some new characters that people have never seen before?

Funny, because that is what Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman (the writers) stated back in 2005. :)

So I expect the movie to be a lot of G1, because that is what they told us. If they wanted it to be a new continuity or a reinvented version, then they should have told us that.

And I realize that people involved with the film have said that it was based on G1. But here's the thing, over the development of the film, it appears to have diverged from G1 to a certain extent. Like I said before, think of this Transformers movie as a reinvented G1 and not as a strict adaptation. That way, maybe you will walk out of the theater somewhat satisfied next year.

Just because their position changed over time it doesn't mean mine should. I'd rather hope for improvements and decide wether I'll be buzzed for this movie at a later date.

I'll definitely see it (once) anyway just so I know what the hell I'm talking about.

Dotten said:

Q: So are you thinking Generation 1, Generation 2? Mixture of both?
A: A mixture actually, there will be a lot of G1 but also some new characters that people have never seen before.
Q: So there will be new characters.
A: Yes.

geomon said:
A: A mixture actually, there will be a lot of G1 but also some new characters that people have never seen before.

And where is the mixture? So far, nothing even resembles G1. There is nothing that looks to "be a lot of G1".

Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with them adapting and changing stuff. Raimi did that with Spider-Man, Burton did it with Batman and Donner with Super-Man. But when they tell us that a lot will be G1, then I expect them to do just that.

If it ends up them just lied about it, well then it will ruin certain things. Then they should have told us "look, this will be a transformers movie, but it will be new, reinventing the basics. No, we will not base it on G1, but we will keep to the basics. Evil decepticons and good autobots that can transform. They will also keep their names. Aside from that, no we have no intentions of this being a pure adaption of the cartoon".

But you know what? They did not say that, they said it would be a lot of G1. So that is what I'm expecting.

Dotten said:
And where is the mixture? So far, nothing even resembles G1. There is nothing that looks to "be a lot of G1".

Have you seen everything????
All we have seen is a few leaked pics and a teaser that has nothing to do with the movie.

geomon said:

Please realize that the "new characters" thing could just mean the Humans...since most of the human characters aren't from any incarnation of Transformers.

And, if the rumors hold up..most of the Transformers are based on G1. They may have new alternate modes or look different in some way or form, but the characters are still based on the G1 Counterparts.

Almost everything within this film that we've heard rumors on has some form of precedent/previous work to base it on.

Some are G1...such as all the Autobots appear to be based on their G1 selves even if they have new alt. modes, the inclusion of the "Energon Cube" being a form of the Creation Matrix, and Starscream still being a real Fighter Jet.

Others are based on various changes throughout the last 15 years. But the point is there is still something there to base them on. Sure it's not what most fanboys want or "need". But we'll see how it all works itself out.

roach said:
Have you seen everything????
All we have seen is a few leaked pics and a teaser that has nothing to do with the movie.

exactly. we have seen next to nothing.

if they make minor changes, it would be ok. what's important is that there's an Optimus Prime...that's a TRUCK....a Megatron which transforms into a TANK is ok coz itz kinda silly to have him transform into a tiny gun

there should be a CYBERTRON

the WAR should be BETWEEN the Autobots & the Decepticons...the humans should be just SECONDARY characters

i never trusted BAY's visions in his movies. he's an OK director. but his ideas tend to be corny...

BUT with TRANSFORMERS...i thought itz a project that FITS his style. i HAVE FAITH in BAY.....not until ive been hearing these rumors that the concept may be screwed up.

if BAY screws this up, it'l be just like that SPAWN movie

TripXyDE said:
if BAY screws this up, it'l be just like that SPAWN movie

Ugh... Don't say that. That would be just horrible....

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"