Is there still a general longing to see mcu take on X-men

Yea it's a bit weird to critcise a movie's creative choice (i.e. Beast's old unfirom) due the decisions made by filmakers of later movies that hadn't been conceived yet. Besides the X-Men movies have the loosest of continuties anyway, so it's a very nitpicky issue. But if you want some type of explanation, blame it on the time travel. In the original Pre-DOFP timeline, that was his unform in the old days. After DOFP, that's no longer the case. There case closed.

I mean I doubt they were even expecting any prequels when X-men 3 was made, anyway.
They literally released two prequels after X3... and if they didn't eXpect to be making prequels (which they did), thats just how short-sighted foX and producers were with the X-Men.

Also my point was Beast's X3 costume looked out of place compare to the others in the film, and the prequels that came after, didn't even reference his costume in X3. Doesn't matter if they didn't know at the time, it is just my observation.

I honestly prefer that the X-Men not be introduced until an MCU reboot seeing the X-Men at this point would be a bit forced to me but i dont know Foxverse had its successes and mistakes but i think the tone of those Movies were good

I'm still eXcited for the X-Men reboot when I think of the possibilities... however Marvel Studios is such in a dire state right now. How many rotten rated films, how many streaming shows would be released for Disney+ and how many boX office flops would they have, before the Marvel Studios' X-Men is released in the late 2020s or early 2030s?

I still would be interested in seeing what the MCU does with the X-Men, yes

what team line up would they use/ who'd they cast...

using returning cast of the Fox-verse for Deadpool and Secret Wars can still work in that context... but, I still want a fresh take on them eventually

the concept of mutants and these characters being introduce through their variants first at least establishes the possibility that mutants/ and versions of these characters could already exist the main MCU

I do wonder what an MCU X-Men will look like though. They're dedicating a lot of visual fidelity to the Fox cast, which I wouldn't have expected. At the same time, there's a lot of source material to pull from so it's not like they won't be able to use other faithful designs down the line. Still interesting to me that the most immediately recognizable iconography for the X-Men we've seen so far has been given to the Fox cast.

I still would be interested in seeing what the MCU does with the X-Men, yes

what team line up would they use/ who'd they cast...

using returning cast of the Fox-verse for Deadpool and Secret Wars can still work in that context... but, I still want a fresh take on them eventually

the concept of mutants and these characters being introduce through their variants first at least establishes the possibility that mutants/ and versions of these characters could already exist the main MCU
I’m happy for them to go crazy with the Fox cast in Deadpool and Secret Wars, as long as they then go crazy with a new MCU X-Men cast from then on.

FoX-Men are wearing 90s animated costumes/look. While Mutant Cinematic Universe would be something very mcu, like Tom Holland's Spider-Man's costume.

The 90s animated look would look a bit cosplay and well 90s..., when Marvel Studios come up with something very modern.

FoX-Men are wearing 90s animated costumes/look. While Mutant Cinematic Universe would be something very mcu, like Tom Holland's Spider-Man's costume.

The 90s animated look would look a bit cosplay and well 90s..., when Marvel Studios come up with something very modern.
Going to be a crazy time when we finally start seeing what the MCU versions might look like. Hope it lives up to expectations after so much time.

I think inevitably people will be disappointed because weve all spent too much time fan casting. But the people who just want to see their favourite characters again on the big screen will have a great time

I think inevitably people will be disappointed because weve all spent too much time fan casting. But the people who just want to see their favourite characters again on the big screen will have a great time

With the big man saying this...

I don't know how anyone can be excited for what they are going to call the X-men. At the end of the day, I don't gie a **** about casting or costumes, as long as the story is X-men. A metaphor that is more relevant than ever.

Did you say that on here?
Probably not. I took a long break from this site between 2011 and 2015 because I didn't have consistent internet access for a few years after graduating college. And from the looks of it he didn't he didn't get casted until late 2014. If you're wanting proof that I had this thought, I dunno what to tell you lol. But from looking up old articles, a lot of other people online were fancasting him, so I wasn't alone in that.

Last edited:
I wonder, has anyone here ever actually successfully predicted anyone? Like, for any movie?
Depends how close to the final casting you mean, but the Clark and Lois casting (for Legacy) went with what the majority here called, certainly my 2 favourites too. For me if I’ve ever called anything it would be something super-obvious, otherwise I’m usually a very long way off the mark. :beaming:

I don't know how anyone can be excited for what they are going to call the X-men. At the end of the day, I don't gie a **** about casting or costumes, as long as the story is X-men. A metaphor that is more relevant than ever.
It's a good point. The prospect of the X-Men in the MCU might be concerning, but I think it's better than what we had with FOX.

While the FOX franchise did touch on social issues, it was a franchise protagonized by white straight men only. For 20 years. The simple idea of Storm having a leading role is, in my opinion, a strong statement in itself. I mean, stronger than FOX. Not to mention that I do think Marvel will change the race of multiple characters. I cannot see the Avengers being more diverse than the X-Men.

When it comes to Queer representation, the likelihood is zero. Eternal was a small step in the right direction, but that is dead. The best we'll get will be pathetic scenes like the Loki coming out one. Still, that's better than FOX, which in 20 years portrayed Raven as a straight woman.

I know we shouldn't use FOX's low bars, but, to me, the portrayal of the X-Men sounds more promessing.

And honestly, to me right now, I'm just waiting for the MCU movie so we can finally have the X-Men in other medias as well. And by that I mean games. And I will not be shocked if we get a game that captures those messages way better than the movies.

The only fancasts that I wanted to happen that actually happened was Brie Larson as Cap Marvel and Boseman as BP.
I remember seeing Boseman in a show called Person's Unknown and threw him out there. Him, Chiwitel Ejiofor, or Aldis Hodge were my choices.
Larson someone here named dropped them and I thought it was a good idea and cosigned it.

I don't usually fancast anymore, but those were 2 I remember

X-Factor could easily be a Disney+ series; or pare it down to just focus on Multiple Man as a private investigator or some such (think Netflix’s Jessica Jones). He could tailing a crime syndicate in Madripoor; he doesn’t need to be fighting against Sentinels. Abigail Brand could carry her own series too, focused more on intergalactic adventures instead of mutant-related threats. You could drop her half-mutant heritage and just make her half-alien/half human in the MCU.

i like this. that was one of my favorite times with x-factor.

i wouldn't really mind an Generation X property. show or otherwise, but with The Boys spinoff being practically that, i'm not sure the chances of it happening are very likely

You bring up Wolverine but, IMO, he’s a big-screen character. I doubt Hollywood relegates him to the small screen anytime soon (same with Batman—though he’s a perfect character for mini-series adaptations, no way WB would ever “demote” him to a streaming platform).

i agree. i could see them doing a mini series of "Weapon X" though, which would be kinda cool, and it ends with Weapon X's escape

A handful of fans would be enraged that Wolverine's mystery was revealed/robbed from the beginning, another handful would enjoy that (if they had to have a Wolverine project) do that so there won't be more about that later.

A Disney+ series for a X-Men splinter team is automatic no for me. As I always think what a X-Factor would look like if its a feature film.

Disney+ have yet to deliver (imo) a great streaming Marvel series, so I doubt they would do a team justice. They are going to stretch out a storyline good for 1 movie for 6 to 13 episodes. It would be just like the Gifted, better but it wouldn't be as good as the mcu team movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"