Is Toad in it?

I found a decent enough picture of Ray Park as Toad in X1, but even on Google, I typed in Anole, Frogger, X3 Toad, and even Hopper, but still not a hint at the guy we're all talking about.

But then again, why CAN'T it be Toad? Remember, he was badly electrocuted, making the chances for scarring and minor deformity very possible, which would explain why he looks different in this next film..

**shrugs**

Thats very true, and I seriously doubt they will truely kill off anyone.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anole_(comics)

Could be, couldn't be, but in the end who cares? Most of the audience who saw X1 will probably think it's Toad mainly because they won't be able to pause the movie and closely examine the different hairstyles and wart placements of the two characters.
He's probably just that generic lizard man character we've seen listed though.

artschoolconfidential.jpg

/got nothin'

onejeremytogo said:
Because you would have some very pissed off fans when they find out that they didn't touch on the Mags-father/ Pietro-son thing... Same with SW

Then why not...you ready for this?...Why not use Pietro and touch on the father/son thing.

Olcanucklehead said:
Thats very true, and I seriously doubt they will truely kill off anyone.

Striker and Deathstrike are pretty dead.

Damn, i just read that Anole is one of the few gay mutants in the X-Men world.

Specter313 said:
They didn't, because it's not Toad. It's not like Toad is the only mutant out there that can stick to walls.

Then why do it? We've seen it plenty in X-men. Why have this nameless hack of a character steal 5 seconds of film time all to himself when they could have used someone else more established and easily recognizable. This irritates me to no end. So much for "we care for the fans." yes i'm bitter.

Roughneck said:
Striker and Deathstrike are pretty dead.

Striker sure, but he was never to important, he was basicaly a character marked for death, but Deathstrike is NOT dead. If you remember correctly Deathstike was turned into a cyborg in the comics, thats why when you saw the adimantium liquid pour from her eyes it was a direct hint at her old look in the comics. Now do the math on that, metal conducts electricity, cyborgs depend on electricity, she now basicaly has an intire interwiring of the strongest metal on earth! Do you honestly think that when you combine that with a healing factor on par with Logans, that she would A. even be dead! and B. That the Weapon X program would allow her to die without experimenting on her in every possible way???? Trust me, if they make another X-Men movie, or the Wolverine spin off, you will see her once more........Sabretooth too! :)

Toad was killed by Storm. Im almost positive at the end of X1 when the guards find Mystique one of the guards says "We found a dead mutant in the water"

Wesyeed said:
no he's dead. That was his cousin, hopper.

Didn't Hopper get killed at the end in "DISNEY'S: A BUG'S LIFE"?

PhoenixRising said:
Toad was killed by Storm. Im almost positive at the end of X1 when the guards find Mystique one of the guards says "We found a dead mutant in the water"

I've never heard that before...

Majik1387 said:
I know what part you're talking about but it isn't what you think. What the reporter on the TV says is "The body of Senator Robert Kelly's long time aide Henry Gyrich was found today." They were talking about Gyrich not Toad. Toad is not dead moviewise.
Well he's not alive. He got fried and then sunk to the bottom of the ocean.

lordofthenerds said:
Well he's not alive. He got fried and then sunk to the bottom of the ocean.

I must have missed the Titanic-esque shot of Toad sinking to the bottom of the ocean. :rolleyes:

Majik1387 said:
^He's not dead. Period. Unless someone official says so officially, he's still alive. Why bother signing an actor for a sequel/spinoff if you're going to kill the character in the first movie? You don't.
Well they never said he's alive either...unitl then he's dead, not alive. If someone gets hit by a lightning bolt they're dead. They signed him on for sequels just in case he might return. But he didn't.

lordofthenerds said:
Well they never said he's alive either...unitl then he's dead, not alive. If someone gets hit by a lightning bolt they're dead. They signed him on for sequels just in case he might return. But he didn't.

Actually he screams as he flies into the water, which means the lightning bolt didn't kill him. So unless he never learned to swim, he's alive.

Balthus Dire said:
I must have missed the Titanic-esque shot of Toad sinking to the bottom of the ocean. :rolleyes:
Well what did you expect to happen. For him float on the water
unconscious. :rolleyes:

Majik1387 said:
Doesn't matter who it is. Audience members who don't read the comics will think it it Toad anyway; if they remember the 1st movie.
Personally, I like to think of him as Toad. The other characters he could be is Anole and Toad in Waiting, both some of the non-needed characters in the X-Universe.

An un-needed character in the X-Universe, yet still easily one of the coolest things about these extremely bland, uninspired films that are loaded with paper thin, generic characters and horribly adapted ones.

lordofthenerds said:
Well what did you expect to happen. For him float on the water
unconscious. :rolleyes:
why do you want him to be dead so badly?

The credits have someone named Lizard man I think Could this be him?

Can anyone here actualy tell me they have seen a guy with a six foot toung, who can stick to walls, die from a lightning bolt..........or any other cause............................................didn't think so.

Roughneck said:
Then why not...you ready for this?...Why not use Pietro and touch on the father/son thing.
True..it wouldn't be hard fo them to throw him in and say something small like..are you ready son? or that's my son... but again you would have fans *****ing about Pietro not getting enough screen time...or they didn't do it right..or a number of things. I think them leaving him out completely was a good idea to avoid negative comments like that. This film has enough negative things going for it. With Callisto however...I kinda wished they hadn't beefed up her powers... I mean they're totally changing her character in every way just to make her what they want. They've done too much to her already... for one Callysto was white, 2 she didn't have super speed, 3 no eye patch, 4 I'm still wondering just how she'll play out as the leader of the morlocks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"