It's a Bird, It's a Plane, It's the Superman Costume Thread! - Part 3

It makes me think of the green lantern suit
Exactly. The lines between the colors aren't particularly well defined. It makes me think they considered going the GL costume route.

In the next reboot with JL or whatever, I'd love to see the colors more like this:

tumblr_mq1gtvWG4p1r8j1j3o1_500.gif

The colors were very dependent on the environment, sometimes when it looked overly metallic I didn't care for it as much, but it's still the best Superman costume we've gotten onscreen, so much better than the abomination that Returns presented.

The suit's colors rally popped in the scenes when Sup was on Black Zero for some reason. Maybe the colors were really highlighted since the background was dark grays and black.

Once the MOS series is done there will be another reboot, just like Smallville13 said, it's just how things r done now especially with scifi/comic books.

Once the MOS series is done there will be another reboot, just like Smallville13 said, it's just how things r done now especially with scifi/comic books.

I think there's no need for a reboot NOW MOS PUT THE THINGS RIGHT FOR A LONG TIME nor batman IMO....

No more reboots. Just move it along. Batman doesn't need a reboot. Do it just like Arkham Asylum.

No more reboots. Just move it along. Batman doesn't need a reboot. Do it just like Arkham Asylum.
exactly a batman established.. we know the origins... that's the best idea wb could do with the dark knight...

The suit's colors rally popped in the scenes when Sup was on Black Zero for some reason. Maybe the colors were really highlighted since the background was dark grays and black.

The Smallville fight was awesome for the suit too, the sunlight definitely helped the colours pop.

Christ, things have got to the point where we have just had the first movie in a rebooted franchise, and people are anticipating the reboot of the reboot.

This has got to stop.

Red and blue is difficult. You want something that in the sunlight doesn't turn into pink and baby blue. At the same time you don't want it becoming black and brown at night. Finally when you can control the hue and saturation on your tv it may not matter. Also people see colors different.

I wonder what the new Superman outfit will look like in the Superman/Batman movie.

You know they won't be able to resist tinkering with the suit every movie.....

I don't think they can change much since it's already been established that the suit originated on Krypton.

I wonder what the new Superman outfit will look like in the Superman/Batman movie.

You know they won't be able to resist tinkering with the suit every movie.....
What new outfit?

Red and blue is difficult. You want something that in the sunlight doesn't turn into pink and baby blue. At the same time you don't want it becoming black and brown at night. Finally when you can control the hue and saturation on your tv it may not matter. Also people see colors different.

Indeed. For me, my big pet peeve was how the blue turned charcoal grey-ish in some of the desert scenes, outdoors in Smallville and a couple of times during Clark's first flight. Just annoyed me that when the blue looked perfect and popped, the yellow/gold looked silver and when the yellow/gold looked great, the blue faded to grey.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"