The Official Costume Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Granted, imaginative ideas. But everything visually was so plain looking and boring.

I found the idea that sending convicts to Phantom Zone by trapping them in a dimension that is contained within a crystal which is then sent to float in void of space very innovative yet terrifying at the same time.

they r dissing the glasses too. because he think it looks stupid n audiences don't buy it. :(

i just think the more you try to make it 'realistic', the more mistakes / unconvinced solution u gonna get...

isn't it stupid too that alien looks exactly look human being?
isn't it stupid too that alien dressed in tights??
isn't it stupid too that alien gonna be the hero of human being???

why bother to make the movie???

damn. i see it gonna screwed up big.

Most likely.

The Donner look for Krypton is timeless. But it was so unimaginative.

I thought it was really imaginative, it just wasn't Krypton.

It had lots of great ideas, inspiring way through the years.

But when you look at it, and look at another Krypton that isn't Donner's, you know what's imaginative visually.

But when you look at it, and look at another Krypton that isn't Donner's, you know what's imaginative visually.

In terms of live action, there hasn't been any. Unless you go back to the serials - and they don't really hold up as imaginative.

this is so damn wrong!!!
they are making this movie to try to please those who mocking superman!!!

they r not gonna make it. no matter how they will find a way to mock about him!!!

this is pure sadness to see elements of superman being stripped away just like that...

Neo-medieval Krypton and a new language? I can dig it! Now I'm even more amped to see the fortress.

I wonder how long it will be before we get some promo shots of Superman.

I have to add Neill Bloomkamp to that crowd. And Ridley Scott. (Or he hires the right people).

It's funny that I think Nolan has a unique eye too though I don't agree with all of his design choices; I like his Bat vehicle designs along with his villains designs for Joker and Bane. but his Bat suits are too...mundane. It's understated and an acquired taste but I always give him a free pass because he's a great filmmaker. I'm bias!

Nolan is a great film maker, but he is a better storyteller than he is visual.

That is my biggest criticism of Nolan. In the name of "realism", he makes things look ugly. His suits are mundane.

I'm hoping after Nolan Batman gets rebooted with a director who can make a Gotham that looks and feels like "Dark City". Puts the Sci-Fi elements back in but takes the matter seriously. With a Retro and stylized look, similar to what Burton did, but without going Burton weird with certain things like CHUD Penguin.

Why so serious? Because that is what made the Nolan movies successful. Not his kneeling at the alter of the religion of realism, but the willingness to take the subject seriously, and not silly like Shoemaker did.

It is possible to have something be Sci-Fi/Fantasy, make things look good, AND still take the subject matter seriously.

Snyder makes things "look" cool on screen. He can take a subject matter seriously, and still let it be Sci-Fi.

That is why I think his Superman will be a success. He "fits" the task at hand.

Some people get the idea that a good director is good at anything, and a bad one is bad at anything, but that is not always the case. Often times its as simple as the director fitting the subject with his style.

That is why I am excited to see what his Superman looks like in post edit, with all the lighting and contrast and the final touches added.

Compare the behind the scenes shots of 300 to the post edit ones, and its a huge improvement.

We really do not know what Superman and his costume will look like in post edit mode. We don't even know what his physical presence will look like with the correct camera angles and distances yet.

Neo-medieval? I like the sound of that. I was actually anticipating it. Jor-El's costume was a pretty big hint.

not liking the sound of it but we'll see how it looks in the movie

i dont like the sound of "neo-medieval". To me, that sort of thing doesnt jive with superman.

I think it all sounds fantastic.

But then i've said many times that I was hoping Krypton would look as good as Asgard did, because I really loved how that world looked and felt.

I also think the neo-medieval thing is a good thing in terms of action. I mean, we know that there is a battle scene and we know that Zod and Jor-el fight, and that all fits best with this sort of neo-medieval society.

Neo-Medieval sounds like that phase when you're a kid and everything becomes about knights armor and stuff.

The Gods armor in the recent Clash was kind of like that to me.

I think this definitely rules out the Fortress being an ice castle though, doesn't it?

I'll be so pleased if that's true :)

Also, does anyone think that entry to the phantom zone could be similar to the gateway in Thor?

I imagine to it like Final Fantasy. A futuristic world blending into an old-fashioned world. Where the old style is still present, but giving a futuristic makeover.

8878e7c8c95c207ec9c28a0cf015c71a-d4s83va.jpg

zod_full_body_pose_by_romcas1963-d4sjexq.jpg

I imagine to it like Final Fantasy. A futuristic world blending into an old-fashioned world. Where the old style is still present, but giving a futuristic makeover.

Got any pics? I never played Final Fantasy not much of a gamer

Sorry, but that looks like crap. At least the 2 first ones. Not Superman-related at all IMO.

I hope it'll be more Masters of the Universe (the new show) than THOR. Or John Carter.

neo-medieval = definitely getting that jim lee zod suit of armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back