It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - Part 2

I don't care for creative if it isn't funny. This episode was well shot, but where was the humor? I don't come to Always Sunny for these weird concept episodes. And this comes from someone who loves Frank's Brother.

Heaven forbid a show that's been going on for...now 14 seasons do something different. Hell, Mac's dance from the Season 13 finale wasn't exactly there for but-gusting laughs, but I can't fault the folks behind the show for wanting go get creative instead of just give us the same stuff every week. What's wrong with a little innovating?

Hell, it'll be back to what we know in the next episode anyway. South Park tried getting experimental with the serialized stuff, but even in times when it didn't work, they still fell back on what did eventually.

Heaven forbid a show that's been going on for...now 14 seasons do something different. Hell, Mac's dance from the Season 13 finale wasn't exactly there for but-gusting laughs, but I can't fault the folks behind the show for wanting go get creative instead of just give us the same stuff every week. What's wrong with a little innovating?

Hell, it'll be back to what we know in the next episode anyway. South Park tried getting experimental with the serialized stuff, but even in times when it didn't work, they still fell back on what did eventually.

It's not really innovative if it misses the point of the show. Charlie Work was something different that still brought the laughs, and to many people it's one of the best episodes of the whole series.

I'm not losing sleep over any of this, but the last two episodes were misfires to me with unfunny concepts.

Now that the finale has aired, I have to say that unfortunately this was probably the weakest season since the early days of the show. That's not to say it was all bad since I enjoyed most of the first half of the season. But over the past couple of episodes, the cast looked bored for the most part, especially Howerton. It feels like they're close to packing it in. Personally if I were them, I'd aim for one more season with maybe a year and a half of prep time to go out on top.

that finale was god awful lol

I hope they can keep it up for another four seasons without getting fatigued. The cracks were starting to show a bit towards the end of the last season.

I think the cracks have shown here and there for the past handful of years, but it’s still more good than bad. Provided they work on the schedule they have been, I think we’ll be alright.

I could see them all geriatric and still be the gang, only with more grey hairs and metamucil.

Jesus, DeVito will be 80 before it ends.

Calling it: The show will still be around when the gang (minus Frank) all turn 50.

Great news! I didn't expect that. When I saw this thread was updated I thought it would be something about the show ending. (Also because they're all doing other projects)

Thank goodness! I’d say if DeVito makes it after four seasons, just end it there. I absolutely love this show and would love it to go on forever, but at the same time, it’s already been a cultural phenomenon.

Love that it got renewed for 4 seasons. I will watch this show forever. It’s one of those shows I can rewatch over and over. I’ve probably seen “Mac Bangs Dennis’s Mom” and “The DENNIS System” like 50 times each. So good.

They're all great in their own ways, but Dennis is legitimately one of my favorite TV characters of all time. Glenn Howerton's comedic mastery is something to behold.

Are they about to start filming again? I want to see how the Gang deals with the pandemic.

Cricket Catches Covid

But yeah, given how anti-politics we know Frank is, if they bring up masks at all, Frank will be the one who is against wearing them.

Cricket Catches Covid

But yeah, given how anti-politics we know Frank is, if they bring up masks at all, Frank will be the one who is against wearing them.

aIjBvyH.gif

I like how the reasoning for doing Fat Mac all those years back was to poke fun at shows where the actors get better looking as it goes, and now 16 years in, Rob looks better than he did when the show started.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"