Its Not Called that you Dumbass its called this!

Super_Child

Sidekick
Reaction score
Please be aware that this is not a shexy thread.

The idea of this thread is to tell everyone what you call something, be it a sport, an activity or er well anything, and vent your FRUSTRATION at people from another area of the globe who call your beloved thing Something else entirely! :o

I will start with the obvious, though it has been done to death.

ITS NOT SOCCER ITS FOOTBALL FOR GOD'S SAKE! :mad: :mad:

I am all for cultural diversity, unless people start calling FOOTBALL something else!!!!

Who cares what it is called

as Shakespeare said "Football by any other name is just as bloody crap"

I'm going to go play a game of soccer.

I forgot who said it here but it made me laugh.

In the US, we take your "football", call it soccer and have little girls play it.

It's not Muhammed, it's JESUS!

Erzengel said:
I forgot who said it here but it made me laugh.

In the US, we take your "football", call it soccer and have little girls play it.

lol. Funny.

Does anyone have any others?

Super_Child said:
I am all for cultural diversity, unless people start calling FOOTBALL something else!!!!
If soccer is really football, what are we supposed to call football, "Ogre-Slam"?, "Pointy-Ball"?

Actually I do dislike it when those Hayseeds call soda, pop. :down

Okay in the spirit of the thread

It's Jelly not Jello and Jam not Jelly

Ack, call it whatever you want. It makes no difference, it still is what it still is. People get too worked up about stupid trivial things like this.

Erzengel said:
Actually I do dislike it when those Hayseeds call soda, pop. :down

I'm always baffled by this one, since I've never actually heard ANYONE call it soda in real life.

Wilhelm-Scream said:
If soccer is really football, what are we supposed to call football, "Ogre-Slam"?, "Pointy-Ball"?

Pointy-ball could grow on me. But I prefer calling it a sissy version of Rugby.

I like how many people use "casted" when it's not even a word. :confused:

Master Chief said:
I like how many people use "casted" when it's not even a word. :confused:

My mom uses the word "yous":down:(

JLBats said:
I'm always baffled by this one, since I've never actually heard ANYONE call it soda in real life.

In the uk we call them Fizzy Drinks, because we like to waste energy and time on speaking. Pop is more appropriate.

Fizzy Drinks?! That's worse then Pop. Do you have to hand over your manhood everytime you ask for one?

I say soda. I'm originally from Massachusetts but I am going to college in New Mexico and God, if they don't say some of the strangest things here. Any type of soda is called a Coke. I go to a resteraunt and ask for a Coke and the waitress asks what kind. I just stare at her and she says, "Root Beer, Sprite, Orange, or Dr. Pepper?" Coke you idiot! People don't get out of their cars around here, they get down from their cars. Is you car on a mountain top? People don't thrown things in the garbage, they throw it. "Here what do you want me to do with this empty bottle?" "Just throw it." So I hurl it across the living room. But my favorite is still landed up. WTF is landed up do you ask? "I wanted to go to bed early last night, but I landed up staying up late." What the hell are you trying to say!!!!

Sorry. I'm done now.

Super_Child said:
In the uk we call them Fizzy Drinks, because we like to waste energy and time on speaking. Pop is more appropriate.

I'm from the UK and I never ever call it fizzy drinks. I call it POP. Apart from American Cream Soda flavour which I call Soda...actually I call it disgusting but that's not the point.

The point is that the names of things even differ between people of the same country so you can't bunch every person of one country under the same heading :o

Soccer and football are both American sports, so I dunno what Stuper Child is on about.

Well New Mexico last time I checked had the lowest test scores in the US. That should explain why.

Mr. Walters said:
I say soda. I'm originally from Massachusetts but I am going to college in New Mexico and God, if they don't say some of the strangest things here. Any type of soda is called a Coke. I go to a resteraunt and ask for a Coke and the waitress asks what kind. I just stare at her and she says, "Root Beer, Sprite, Orange, or Dr. Pepper?" Coke you idiot! People don't get out of their cars around here, they get down from their cars. Is you car on a mountain top? People don't thrown things in the garbage, they throw it. "Here what do you want me to do with this empty bottle?" "Just throw it." So I hurl it across the living room. But my favorite is still landed up. WTF is landed up do you ask? "I wanted to go to bed early last night, but I landed up staying up late." What the hell are you trying to say!!!!

Sorry. I'm done now.
Sounds like a state full of Special Olympians. "Landed up"?, "What kind of Coke"? whew.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"