The Dark Knight Now that its said and done, what would you change?

He looks like a devil, not a bat. Try making them longer please. Lets try that. Long and straight. Maybe that will work.

He looks like a devil, not a bat. Try making them longer please. Lets try that. Long and straight. Maybe that will work.

I actually prefer the ears a little shorter, at least in comic versions...kinda like in this random pic I found....

decobatman06mf4.png

But nah...I'm not really going to bother manipping any more. It doesn't really matter because despite my not liking the cowl/ears, it didn't take away too much from the movie. It was just the wide difference as to how good it looked from the side as opposed to more straight-on. But again, definitely better than BB's.

Edit: actually, here he is with basically the Clooney/Kilmer ears...a bit too long and cartoonish for me....

pointershg1.jpg

Last edited:
A few Excelent ideas I had:

1) The Joker would have had white skin, not makeup.

2) The Joker would be more colorful...

3) The Joker's thugs would all look like this:

4) The Joker's second catch-phrase would be "Ok Folks, time to hear some Jokes..."

5) The Joker would sound like a complete idiot when he lectured people on his anarchist philosophy.

6) The Joker would make freequent Jokes.

7) Katie Holmes would play Rachel Dawes.

8) Batman would have his lenses throughout the entire movie after getting his new suit.

9) Gotham City would look more like it did in Gotham Knight.

10) The Scarecrow would wear classy Victorian cloths and a bowler hat.

11) All six episodes of Gotham Tonight would play before the actual film started.

12) Everyone who had participated in the Whysoserious.com scavenger hunts would be cast as the Joker's thugs.

13) Everyone who had participated in Harvey Dent's "Campaign" would be cast as regular civillians.

14) Everyone who had participated in "Operation Slipknot" would be cast as Policemen.

15) The room in which the Joker filmed Brian's excecution would be covered with purple curtains

16) Everyone who received CFB swag (including shirts) would be cast as fake Batmen.

17) Batman would borrow some of Scarecrow's fear gas for use in his interrogation of the Joker.

18) Crispus Allen would appear, played by Will Smith.

19) I was origionally going to say that Sean Bean should have been saved for another role, but he was actually perfect in this movie.

20) Harvey Dent would claim to be a Republican, after he becomes Two-Face however he would be a Republican AND a Democrat.:hehe:

21) A reference or two would be made to the events of Gotham Knight.

22) Slightly extended courtroom scenes.

23) The Scarecrow would say something along the lines of "Foiled Again" after being captured by Batman to reflect his complete descent into classical villainy.

24) Not nesicarily part of TDK, but Rachel Dawes would come back to life as the Phantasm.

25) There would be some dialoge between Alfred and The Joker.

26) Mr. Lau would role of the pile of money while no one was looking.

27) Wayne Manor would already have been rebuilt and the Batcave improved to fit in with the Gotham Knight continuity.

28) Fear would still be the main theme.

29) The next villains would be forshadowed.

30) The words "To be continued" would appear at the beginning of the End Credits, suggesting that they are going to make a series next.

That is all for now, but it is a two hour movie, I am sure I could find other things.

What do you guys think?

4) The Joker's second catch-phrase would be "Ok Folks, time to hear some Jokes..."

5) The Joker would sound like a complete idiot when he lectured people on his anarchist philosophy.

8) Batman would have his lenses throughout the entire movie after getting his new suit.

11) All six episodes of Gotham Tonight would play before the actual film started.

12) Everyone who had participated in the Whysoserious.com scavenger hunts would be cast as the Joker's thugs.

13) Everyone who had participated in Harvey Dent's "Campaign" would be cast as regular civillians.

14) Everyone who had participated in "Operation Slipknot" would be cast as Policemen.

15) The room in which the Joker filmed Brian's excecution would be covered with purple curtains

16) Everyone who received CFB swag (including shirts) would be cast as fake Batmen.

17) Batman would borrow some of Scarecrow's fear gas for use in his interrogation of the Joker.

19) I was origionally going to say that Sean Bean should have been saved for another role, but he was actually perfect in this movie.

20) Harvey Dent would claim to be a Republican, after he becomes Two-Face however he would be a Republican AND a Democrat.:hehe:

23) The Scarecrow would say something along the lines of "Foiled Again" after being captured by Batman to reflect his complete descent into classical villainy.

24) Not nesicarily part of TDK, but Rachel Dawes would come back to life as the Phantasm.

27) Wayne Manor would already have been rebuilt and the Batcave improved to fit in with the Gotham Knight continuity.

30) The words "To be continued" would appear at the beginning of the End Credits, suggesting that they are going to make a series next.

That is all for now, but it is a two hour movie, I am sure I could find other things.

What do you guys think?

Are you 14?

Rolf, respectfully, I find your ideas to be horrible.

there are a couple shots that I felt couldve been held a little longer: one is when Alfred smiles after Bruce gives him his "We all know how much you like to say 'I told you so'" line, right before they cut to the courtroom. Another is at Bruce's party when they applaud Dent..just a second longer on the clap would have been perfect

What do you guys think?

You're an idiot. Please don't come back to this site ever again.

-Get rid of the annoying SWAT guy riding with Gordon in the van.
-Omit the sonar cellphone plot device in the third act.
-Change Batman's voice.
-Change Batman's suit to something grittier and less robotic and high tech.

Rolf is there anything in the film you did like?

The only things I'd change are in Act III:

*The "I know how you got these line" is pretty badly delivered, and not helped by an extreme close up of the blades, makingit a bit unintentioanlly funny. i think it has the effect of someone firing a nerf gun at the side of an unwilling victimns head.

*The overly fussy hostage, doctor, clown prewitt building stuff. Although the location (an empty, deserted skyscrpaer) has grown on me ( i was hoping for a hall of mirrors showdown) the stuff before the joker fight is a bit clunky and gets in the way.

*the jokers last shot, of him wobbling around in front of camera then an abrupt cut. It would have been nicer to fade from the shot of the upsidedown joker to two face, and have the joker's laughter fade out - hence underlying the transition of threat.

*gordon never enquires with batman what happened to the joker. i know his family had been threatened but still. i think harvey would have liked to have known too. In fact, oddly, very few scenes in the film refer to a previous scene.

*some people have said that awesome as ledger was (he was) his perfromance never builds to any one moment - i disagree. i think when the ferries fail to blow up we see the true joker, in a moment of confusion and dissappointment, then anger. However, this could have been drawn out a bit, the whole "you're alone" thing - well so is batman - should have been embellished. Think the end of the Killing Joke.

*another thing - why didnt batman try to find dent in the prewitt biulding?????? he had no reason to think he was elsewhere

*the whole "batman saving the joker's life" thing was fudged. It seems in this scene batman either - a) wants to distrct the joker to get the detonator, then saves his life or b)wants to kill the joker then has second thoughts. which was it???? it should have been made clear. batman should have been frothing mental at the joker (rachel, dent etc) or made a point of reminding himself (and the audience) that he will still not kill. It's as though, again, previous scenes had been forgotten.

still, very good film

Last edited:
I mentioned this in another thread, but the only thing I'd change would be the scene where Batman and Rachel plunge 40 stories from the top of a penthouse unharmed. Of all the scenes in the movie, that one requires the most suspension of disbelief. I would have preferred he used his grappling gun to stop their fall. It also makes it ridiculous that they could survive a 40-story fall while Dent couldn't survive a forty-feet fall.

I mentioned this in another thread, but the only thing I'd change would be the scene where Batman and Rachel plunge 40 stories from the top of a penthouse unharmed. Of all the scenes in the movie, that one requires the most suspension of disbelief. I would have preferred he used his grappling gun to stop their fall. It also makes it ridiculous that they could survive a 40-story fall while Dent couldn't survive a forty-feet fall.

I wondered about the fall too, but after looking, I noticed that he DOES deploy one half of the cape as a parachute. Not only that, but a suit designed to stop bullets will likely have a good amount of impact protection.

That said, I do still agree that it was a bit of a stretch for Batman and Rachel to be 100% unscathed. I also never understood why she asks, "Is Harvey okay?" when she WATCHED what Bruce did to Harvey, and was present with The Joker the entire time, up until her fall.

-Change Bales Bat-voice

-Change the Bat-suit to look like a Bat-suit, and not a Lego-Batman suit.

-Don't skip from scene to scene so fast, let some things sink in for a second.

-Dont have Batman running around during the day, or around brightly lit areas.(Where did his Ninja training go?).

-Change the Bat-suit

-Show more of Joker, and have him use more sinister jokes.

-Take out Two-Face, and only show the build up to him, so he could be the main villain in the Third movie.

-Change the Bat-suit

-Make Gotham City look like it did in Begins, you know, like Gotham City.

-Make Gary Oldmen do a voice over on the roof scene, cause his accent is coming out STRONG.

-Change the Bat-suit

-Change the actor who did Gambol, cause he did a horrible job.

-Change the SWAT actors, cause they also did a horrible job.

-And one other thing, I just can't remember....oh yeah! Change the Bat-suit.

What a troll... Yes, all of them were bad, dude. What the hell were you thinking when you typed that up?

Please tell me you're just effin' with us.

SOME of them were meant to be funny, but most are very serious.

There is the ignore option (real or via self control)...

Edited to add: It's a friendly suggestion for those tempted to attack others. I know it might be in vain.

Angeloz

Last edited:
*another thing - why didnt batman try to find dent in the prewitt biulding?????? he had no reason to think he was elsewhere

Batman may have looked for him. All we see is him leaving the Joker hanging and then showing up later at the warehouse. It's also possible he called Fox and Fox informed him that he'd used the sonar device to track Dent there. He could've even followed the police Gordon sent to the warehouse to create a perimeter.

If Batman had tried to use the grappling gun I think his arm would've been ripped off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"