The Dark Knight Now that its said and done, what would you change?

A few Excelent ideas I had:

1) The Joker would have had white skin, not makeup.

2) The Joker would be more colorful...

3) The Joker's thugs would all look like this:

4) The Joker's second catch-phrase would be "Ok Folks, time to hear some Jokes..."

5) The Joker would sound like a complete idiot when he lectured people on his anarchist philosophy.

6) The Joker would make freequent Jokes.

7) Katie Holmes would play Rachel Dawes.

8) Batman would have his lenses throughout the entire movie after getting his new suit.

9) Gotham City would look more like it did in Gotham Knight.

10) The Scarecrow would wear classy Victorian cloths and a bowler hat.

11) All six episodes of Gotham Tonight would play before the actual film started.

12) Everyone who had participated in the Whysoserious.com scavenger hunts would be cast as the Joker's thugs.

13) Everyone who had participated in Harvey Dent's "Campaign" would be cast as regular civillians.

14) Everyone who had participated in "Operation Slipknot" would be cast as Policemen.

15) The room in which the Joker filmed Brian's excecution would be covered with purple curtains

16) Everyone who received CFB swag (including shirts) would be cast as fake Batmen.

17) Batman would borrow some of Scarecrow's fear gas for use in his interrogation of the Joker.

18) Crispus Allen would appear, played by Will Smith.

19) I was origionally going to say that Sean Bean should have been saved for another role, but he was actually perfect in this movie.

20) Harvey Dent would claim to be a Republican, after he becomes Two-Face however he would be a Republican AND a Democrat.

21) A reference or two would be made to the events of Gotham Knight.

22) Slightly extended courtroom scenes.

23) The Scarecrow would say something along the lines of "Foiled Again" after being captured by Batman to reflect his complete descent into classical villainy.

24) Not nesicarily part of TDK, but Rachel Dawes would come back to life as the Phantasm.

25) There would be some dialoge between Alfred and The Joker.

26) Mr. Lau would role of the pile of money while no one was looking.

27) Wayne Manor would already have been rebuilt and the Batcave improved to fit in with the Gotham Knight continuity.

28) Fear would still be the main theme.

29) The next villains would be forshadowed.

30) The words "To be continued" would appear at the beginning of the End Credits, suggesting that they are going to make a series next.

That is all for now, but it is a two hour movie, I am sure I could find other things.

What do you guys think?
:pal: you call those ideas " excellent " ?

1. ) will people ever stop complaining about the damn " permawhite " issue ?

2. ) no . just no . the joker's look in the movie was fine to me .

3. ) are you ****ing high ?

4. ) that has got to be the corniest , lamest idea i've ever heard for a batman movie . that's right , even worse than schumacher.

5.) ..... why ? just because he looks like a clown doesn't mean he has to be ******ed too .

6.) ok .... let's look at the list :

- the " pencil trick "

- " and i thought my jokes were bad "

- " could ya please just give me a minute ? "

- * while grabbing someone's head aggressively * " do you know where i could find haarvey ? i need to talk to him about somethin' . just something little , huh ? "

- spilling champange out of a glass and still drinking through it

- " harvey , harvey , harvey dent !!! oh .... 'scuse me , i wanna drive !!!! "

- " let's not 'blow ' this out of proportion .... "

- this may not make much sense at first , but just hear me out : when you think about it , his stories about how he got his scars are sort of told the same way a comedian would tell a joke . in the " why so serious " scene , for example , he says the story in such a serious tone , then all of a sudden just comes out and says " why so serious ? " in a slightly jovial tone , as if it were a punchline to a joke . and for the second story , well .... his wife always wanted him to smile more , and " now he's always smiling !! "

- " i just want my phone call .... "

- " very poor choice of words !! "

and probably a few more . that's a pretty ****ing frenquent amount of jokes if you ask me .

7. ) she can just stay the **** away for all i care .

8. ) no need . he only really needed them for one situation and then destroyed it anyway .

9. ) eh , i guess that's an okay idea . gotham did look a little too clean at times in TDK .

10.) ..... umm , i'm sorry , we are talking about the scarecrow , right ?

11. ) that's just pointless . the bank robbery scene was a perfect opening for the movie . 6 minutes in and it's already a pretty intense movie .

12. ) that's not a bad idea, i guess .

13 . ) neither is that .

14 . ) that's not too bad, but here's the problem .... i participated and i'm only 14 years old . i don't think a 14 year old would pass as a policeman . :oldrazz:

15. ) and here we go again with the bad ideas ....

16.) again .... i'm 14 ....

17.) meh .

18.) meh once again .

19. ) when the **** was sean bean in the movie ?

20 . ) that's just pointless . let's just keep the political references subtle .

21. ) well, that dvd did seem a little pointless since it wasn't mentioned at all .

22. ) the first one maybe , but the second one is fine the way it is .

23 . ) what the **** are you trying to make him to be , a scooby doo villian ?

24. ) ............

25. ) during the party scene ? maybe . otherwise it'd just be ****ing stupid .

26.) **** that . burn baby burn !!! :hehe:

27.) to be honest , who really gives a **** about gotham knight ? it's not like it was mentioned in the film .

28.) okay, that'd be just ****ing repetitive . haven't we heard the word " fear " used enough damn times throughout batman begins ?

29. ) again , meh

30 . ) .... how about no ?

Last edited:
Absolutely. I hate that they changed it to a safety pin or whatever it was. I fail to see how a knife in a dead guy's chest is violent enough to push the movie into rated R territory, given that there were scenes where people were shot, thrown off balconies, and set on fire.

not to mention harveys gross face

I would've switched the outcome of the voting on the civilian ferry. So much for nobility.

The kids "with guns" scene and the mirror that Batman breaks with the BatPod

Awesome idea for a thread. Although I think that the Dark Knight was soo much more of a film than Batman Begins, I can't help but find more things to complain about in The Dark Knight than Batman Begins. The only thing I guess I didn't like about Batman Begins was that I wish that there was more Scarecrow (then again it wanted me wanting more..so thats a good thing) and I suppose the runaway train idea was a bit cliche. First of all, I'm a Batman fan. I wish Batman hadn't looked so ineffective for almost the whole movie. Hell, even in one of his best scenes when he drops Maroni from the rooftop, Maroni winds up mouthing off to him at the end of the scene with Batman looking like he was at a loss for words. At the end of the movie, with the Joker dangling doing a 15 minute speech, all Batman could do is stare in wonder and ask "what did you do"....so much for the Great Detective. Ya, I understand the Joker was supposed to have pushed Batman to the edge, but man, he totally came off weak to me. If hadn't seen Batman Begins, I would have seen Batman in this movie and some sort of ninja mute who bounds from scene to scene accomplishing objectives but never getting ahead of his opponent, which is what this Batman fan would want to see. I dont' mind seeing Rocky on the ropes, but I'd like him to win in the end. I agree with the Two Face posts. I was seriously hoping this film would serve to do him justice in a third. Such a shame. The rooftop fall and the Batpod swerve are still mind boggling to me. So easy to fix especially when some of it is better explained in the shooting script. In some cases Nolan waaay over explained scenes with dialogue and in other scenes it takes 5 viewings to figure things out. In some cases I think the trailers really clearly told the story with so much less. I still enjoy watching those as much as the movie. Anyways, thats my take, I'm sure I'll go watch the film and find more to complain about....just kidding. It's still an awesome movie.

There were a number of things that I thought should not have happened, or would have been done differently by 'the comic' Batman that I noticed the 4th time while watching it with my girlfriend yesterday.

1) The sheer firepower of the tumbler - I know it was a military design, but he seems way too much about the blowing stuff up and crushing anything in its path. Crashing through concrete and crushing cars all the time is just counterproductive to improving Gotham. If anything, use the guns whenever but have them fire rubber bullets for scenes like his entrance at the beginning.
But then when the shots would be useful (blowing the wheels off the rig carrying Joker and his Bazooka), he just rams trucks and gets in the path.

2) His announcing his presence everytime. Both when Joker had Rachel and when Harvey had Gordon's kid. The guy is supposd to have been trained by ninjas to exploit not being seen. Batman in the comics is about not being seen and then thugs disappearing right in front of their mates. He should have taken out Harvey while Harvey was rambling about justification to Gordon, and he should never have said squat to the Joker.

3) Not going out as Batman in daylight? On both daytime occasions when something heavy was going down, the guy pops out on his Ducati and in his car. Batman isnt just a bloody night time hero. Inconspicuous or not, you go out in the suit to do Batman stuff - no wonder you almost got shot at the parade!

4) The ongoing message about Bats having to break his one rule to get anywhere - bollocks. Thats like movies where 'friends' are warned to stand down by their buddy or they'll shoot and finally be forced to kill them - bollocks! You shoot the guy in the frickin knee! You don't have to kill Joker - you try dropping him offa couple stories like Maronie. Even if he doesnt talk and escapes somehow he's not going to be running round as much

1. ) will people ever stop complaining about the damn " permawhite " issue ?

Hope not...:dry:

2. ) no . just no . the joker's look in the movie was fine to me .

Surely you would have changed something about it...

3. ) are you ****ing high ?

It would not be unrealistic, you can buy those exact costumes online.

4. ) that has got to be the corniest , lamest idea i've ever heard for a batman movie . that's right , even worse than schumacher.

Why do I feel happy about you saying that?

5.) ..... why ? just because he looks like a clown doesn't mean he has to be ******ed too .

Actually... it does, we do not want the viewers getting the idea that the bad guy is right.

6.) ok .... let's look at the list :

- the " pencil trick "

- " and i thought my jokes were bad "

- " could ya please just give me a minute ? "

- * while grabbing someone's head aggressively * " do you know where i could find haarvey ? i need to talk to him about somethin' . just something little , huh ? "

- spilling champange out of a glass and still drinking through it

- " harvey , harvey , harvey dent !!! oh .... 'scuse me , i wanna drive !!!! "

- " let's not 'blow ' this out of proportion .... "

- this may not make much sense at first , but just hear me out : when you think about it , his stories about how he got his scars are sort of told the same way a comedian would tell a joke . in the " why so serious " scene , for example , he says the story in such a serious tone , then all of a sudden just comes out and says " why so serious ? " in a slightly jovial tone , as if it were a punchline to a joke . and for the second story , well .... his wife always wanted him to smile more , and " now he's always smiling !! "

- " i just want my phone call .... "

and probably a few more . that's a pretty ****ing frenquent amount of jokes if you ask me .

They are not as funny as Nicholson, and nothing compared to Hamil.

7. ) she can just stay the **** away for all i care .

What is wrong with her?

8. ) no need . he only really needed them for one situation and then destroyed it anyway .

He had them in the comics, he MUST have them in this film, and the next film, and the next film, and the next film, and the next film, and the next film, and the next film....

9. ) eh , i guess that's an okay idea . gotham did look a little too clean at times in TDK .

you would never have guessed it was a city in need of fixing, Burton's batman captured this quite well however.

10.) ..... umm , i'm sorry , we are talking about the scarecrow , right ?

Yes we are.

11. ) that's just pointless . the bank robbery scene was a perfect opening for the movie . 6 minutes in and it's already a pretty intense movie .

Alright just one then.

12. ) that's not a bad idea, i guess .

It would certainly be worth risking all the potential negativity that Nolan and Co. were liable to suffer if the world found out that they were sending their followers into the streets harassing people in the name of a fictional charecter.

13 . ) neither is that .

Your are right.

14 . ) that's not too bad, but here's the problem .... i participated and i'm only 14 years old . i don't think a 14 year old would pass as a policeman . :oldrazz:

Hmmm, that presents a problem...

15. ) and here we go again with the bad ideas ....

I was expcting a nice purple hideout, instead I get a meat locker.

16.) again .... i'm 14 ....

Who is to say a 14 year old wouldnt try to copy Batman?

17.) meh .

It would be nice to see how the Jojer would react to monster Batman.

18.) meh once again .

What does that mean anyway?

19. ) when the **** was sean bean in the movie ?

He played Harvey Dent.:woot:

20 . ) that's just pointless . let's just keep the political references subtle .

I would rather have no political references at all...

21. ) well, that dvd did seem a little pointless since it wasn't mentioned at all .

Yes it did.

22. ) the first one maybe , but the second one is fine the way it is .

I guess so.

23 . ) what the **** are you trying to make him to be , a scooby doo villian ?

No, a classic villain.

24. ) ............

Actually I think that is one of my best ideas ever.

25. ) during the party scene ? maybe . otherwise it'd just be ****ing stupid .

Of Coarse during the party scene, I get the feeling that Nolan may have wanted that all along, but did'nt do it for some reason.

26.) **** that . burn baby burn !!! :hehe:

Don't you feel sorry for him.

27.) to be honest , who really gives a **** about gotham knight ? it's not like it was mentioned in the film .

Oh come on, Gotham Knight was more Batman-ish then the even the Burton movies.

28.) okay, that'd be just ****ing repetitive . haven't we heard the word " fear " used enough damn times throughout batman begins ?

More than enough, but BB was definately more Batman-ish than TDK

29. ) again , meh

I guess that "should do fine against cats" thing might speak for something.

30 . ) .... how about no ?

Why not?

Rewrite the ferry/daredevil radar vision scene. It's not that I didn't like it. I just felt it wasn't as good as the rest of the movie. Maybe if you compressed it a bit. I don't know, I'm not really a writer.

And Rolf needs to direct Batman 3.

Rewrite the ferry/daredevil radar vision scene. It's not that I didn't like it. I just felt it wasn't as good as the rest of the movie. Maybe if you compressed it a bit. I don't know, I'm not really a writer.

And Rolf needs to direct Batman 3.

Thanks!

- The ferry thing WAS a little overdone. Could've shaved a couple of minutes at least off that. The civilian passengers were so cheesy, especially Mr "Nobody Wants To Get Their Hands Dirty - I'll Do It". *cringe*

- The SWAT truck dude, obviously. Highly irritating, but then again, I guess they gave him more dialogue to cover for both him AND Gordon, as Gordon of course had to keep schtum.

- The Chechen should've had a bit more screen time, imo. Even though, for a hardened Chechnyan mobster, he wasn't very tough. Big old pussycat. But that's why I love 'im. ;)

- Maroni was so cheesy, thanks to Eric Roberts.

sorry it took so long for me to reply .
Hope not...:dry:

well , he wasn't supposed to look like the typical joker we see all the time anyway ...

Surely you would have changed something about it...

same as #1 .

It would not be unrealistic, you can buy those exact costumes online.

it doesn't matter ,it'd still look corny as hell.

Why do I feel happy about you saying that?

you actually feel happy about your ideas being compared to batman and robin ? :huh:

Actually... it does, we do not want the viewers getting the idea that the bad guy is right.

we might as well make him a fat buffon wearing a colorful jumpsuit and a red nose that makes a funny beepy noise when you touch it , then.

They are not as funny as Nicholson, and nothing compared to Hamil.

it's still jokerish to me .

What is wrong with her?

she was pretty much the weakest link to the otherwise awesome batman begins . we don't need the same thing happening again.

He had them in the comics, he MUST have them in this film, and the next film, and the next film, and the next film, and the next film, and the next film, and the next film....

don't you think it would look a little weird , though ?

you would never have guessed it was a city in need of fixing, Burton's batman captured this quite well however.

maybe , but then again this isn't supposed to be burton's batman after all anyway .

Yes we are.

see, i can accept this :

arts_Batman.jpg

or this :

e70b7f6c-8626-4985-90de-f75cc6693f50_Batman_villain_Scarecrow.jpg

or this :

scrow.gif

but what you're suggesting sounds a little more like this :

HU015731.jpg

which isn't scarecrowish at all to me .

Alright just one then.

nope.

It would certainly be worth risking all the potential negativity that Nolan and Co. were liable to suffer if the world found out that they were sending their followers into the streets harassing people in the name of a fictional charecter.

and yet , i don't remember that ever happening anyway ... :cwink:

Your are right.

i always am . :oldrazz:

Hmmm, that presents a problem...

yes it does .

I was expcting a nice purple hideout, instead I get a meat locker.

what we got in the movie seems a lot more menacing IMO .

Who is to say a 14 year old wouldnt try to copy Batman?

good point ...

It would be nice to see how the Jojer would react to monster Batman.

i'd rather have the scarecrow try to do it to him like in knightfall. now that was awesome.

What does that mean anyway?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=meh

He played Harvey Dent.:woot:

I would rather have no political references at all...

then why would you suggest that idea in the first place ?

Yes it did.

yup....

I guess so.

okay then .

No, a classic villain.

if " classic " means " cheesy " or " lame " or " horrible " , then i guess you've got a good idea there .

Actually I think that is one of my best ideas ever.

compared to those other crappy ideas , i'd have to agree.

Of Coarse during the party scene, I get the feeling that Nolan may have wanted that all along, but did'nt do it for some reason.

alright then .

Don't you feel sorry for him.

in a way , we should probably feel sorry for all of the joker's victims. that's the point . he's an evil ****ing bastard .

Oh come on, Gotham Knight was more Batman-ish then the even the Burton movies.

it was alright i guess .....

More than enough, but BB was definately more Batman-ish than TDK

there's a lot more to batman than just " fear " , you know .

I guess that "should do fine against cats" thing might speak for something.

good point .

Why not?

it just seems pointless to me .

First of all... = epic win. I love that.

Second thinking about it, I would have changed the third act a little bit. For the most part I'd keep it the same but I would amp up Batman's competentence level to exceed the Joker in the finale.

I would make it like the Man who Laughs where Batman anticipates the Joker's plan to poison Gotham's water supply and has it neutralized ahead of time by planting explosives on the viaduct.

So in the case of TDK, Batman figures out the Joker's plan with the ferries ahead of time and places some of those EMP cellphones (that were used in Lau's building) to disable the explosives in the ferries.

When you think about it, in the Joker's MO is pretty predictible. It's misdirection for the most part... Joker puts your attention on one thing, meanwhile he's carrying out something else more important where no one is looking. He sends Batman and Gordon to save Dent and Rachael, only to manipulate the rest of the cops to make his escape, he switches the addresses of Dent and Rachael, he sends the city after Reese while going to see Harvey, he tells the city that the bridges and tunnells have explosives so he sends the people to the ferries where his explosives really are. He seems to love misdirection.

So I'd have a scene where Batman and Alfred analize the Joker's tape with Reese and using his past experience with the Joker, Batman is able to deduce the Joker's plan lies with the ferries. He could secretly plant the cell phones on all the ferries, and activate them whenever, all the while Joker thinking his plan is going into effect, thus being lured out. Batman would still need Fox and the sonar to locate the Joker, though he could probably tell Fox to concentrate on the Ferries that are leaving Gotham to find the Joker's voice.

That would make the "that won't happen line" to Gordon much more powerful.

Then there just needs to be a bit of dialouge changes in the final fight between Batman and Joker, plus I'd like to see a scene where the Joker is rapidly pushing the button on the detonator in vain(sort of like the hospital). Somehow the Joker would applaud Batman for outplaying him there before beginning the scars story, Batman throws him out the window, catches him and the rest goes like clockwork.

I guess some dialouge would need to be changed while Joker was hanging. Maybe it could go like.

Joker: This city will probably have to double up at the rate it's inhabitants are losing their minds.

Batman: This city, isn't going to follow you into madness. Not while I'm here.

Joker: Well then good thing I'm not the only one around that they can follow. Good thing I've already left someone to carry on where I left off... in Harvey Dent.

Plus if it were up to me, I'd leave the fate of if the peope of the ferries decided to blow each other up ambigous... I would show the scenes where the people refuse to hit the detenator. I mean, Batman and the Joker wouldn't know at this point, and it's not like the explosives would work in my version.

But that's pretty much the only thing I'd change... what's everyone think of that.

First of all... = epic win. I love that.

Second thinking about it, I would have changed the third act a little bit. For the most part I'd keep it the same but I would amp up Batman's competentence level to exceed the Joker in the finale.

I would make it like the Man who Laughs where Batman anticipates the Joker's plan to poison Gotham's water supply and has it neutralized ahead of time by planting explosives on the viaduct.

So in the case of TDK, Batman figures out the Joker's plan with the ferries ahead of time and places some of those EMP cellphones (that were used in Lau's building) to disable the explosives in the ferries.

When you think about it, in the Joker's MO is pretty predictible. It's misdirection for the most part... Joker puts your attention on one thing, meanwhile he's carrying out something else more important where no one is looking. He sends Batman and Gordon to save Dent and Rachael, only to manipulate the rest of the cops to make his escape, he switches the addresses of Dent and Rachael, he sends the city after Reese while going to see Harvey, he tells the city that the bridges and tunnells have explosives so he sends the people to the ferries where his explosives really are. He seems to love misdirection.

So I'd have a scene where Batman and Alfred analize the Joker's tape with Reese and using his past experience with the Joker, Batman is able to deduce the Joker's plan lies with the ferries. He could secretly plant the cell phones on all the ferries, and activate them whenever, all the while Joker thinking his plan is going into effect, thus being lured out. Batman would still need Fox and the sonar to locate the Joker, though he could probably tell Fox to concentrate on the Ferries that are leaving Gotham to find the Joker's voice.

That would make the "that won't happen line" to Gordon much more powerful.

Then there just needs to be a bit of dialouge changes in the final fight between Batman and Joker, plus I'd like to see a scene where the Joker is rapidly pushing the button on the detonator in vain(sort of like the hospital). Somehow the Joker would applaud Batman for outplaying him there before beginning the scars story, Batman throws him out the window, catches him and the rest goes like clockwork.

I guess some dialouge would need to be changed while Joker was hanging. Maybe it could go like.

Joker: This city will probably have to double up at the rate it's inhabitants are losing their minds.

Batman: This city, isn't going to follow you into madness. Not while I'm here.

Joker: Well then good thing I'm not the only one around that they can follow. Good thing I've already left someone to carry on where I left off... in Harvey Dent.

Plus if it were up to me, I'd leave the fate of if the peope of the ferries decided to blow each other up ambigous... I would show the scenes where the people refuse to hit the detenator. I mean, Batman and the Joker wouldn't know at this point, and it's not like the explosives would work in my version.

But that's pretty much the only thing I'd change... what's everyone think of that.

I actually think the "that won't happen" line was powerful because Batman couldn't be sure that the passengers wouldn't blow one another up. If Batman had disabled the bombs before the ferries left shore then it would be a line spoken out of sheer certainty in his own abilities instead of faith in the virtue of Gothamites.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
japanorsomewher
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"