Pokémon It's the Pokemon thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I wasn't paying as much attention as I should have been with B&W coming out soon. I assumed that the events going forward would be for them. Just now (which I know you guys have known about for ages, I'm just slow lol) that there were event exclusive shiny Entei, Raikou, and Suicune, and that they unlocked Zoaroak when transfered to B&W. Do you think that's going to be the ONLY way to get to him? This time I wanted to get the game within a week of launch so I could stay up to date on the events rather than be so far behind I miss all but one or two. However now it seems like I'm already 1 behind and the game hasn't even launched.

You still have till the 6th to hop into a Gamestop and download a Celebi into your diamond/pearl/platinum game and transfer it to get Zorua (who evolves into Zoaroak) in b/w. Also, Zoaroak can be bred, so it wouldn't be very difficult to get you one.

Last edited:
Bummed as hell that I don't have a Gamestop ANYWHERE near me. Still cool that we get that Victinity pokemon (I have no idea how to spell it)

So, I wasn't paying as much attention as I should have been with B&W coming out soon. I assumed that the events going forward would be for them. Just now (which I know you guys have known about for ages, I'm just slow lol) that there were event exclusive shiny Entei, Raikou, and Suicune, and that they unlocked Zoaroak when transfered to B&W. Do you think that's going to be the ONLY way to get to him? This time I wanted to get the game within a week of launch so I could stay up to date on the events rather than be so far behind I miss all but one or two. However now it seems like I'm already 1 behind and the game hasn't even launched.

If you can get your DS online, I can trade you the 3 shiny beasts and Mew (though it doesn't unlock anything). You can give me whatever you want (Bidoof, Starly, etc) but I wouldn't be able to do it until March 11.

I just read that you can now use TM's as many times as you like, just like HM's. That makes me soooo damn happy. I hated having to pick and choose who got Earthquake

You still have till the 6th to hop into a Gamestop and download a Celebi into your diamond/pearl/platinum game and transfer it to get Zorua (who evolves into Zoaroak) in b/w. Also, Zoaroak can be bred, so it wouldn't be very difficult to get you one.

Awesome, thanks. Not sure if I can get into a Gamestop before then since it's a bit of a drive (30-45 mins, and not sure I want to go there just to get that then come back), but atleast I know it can be bred.

If you can get your DS online, I can trade you the 3 shiny beasts and Mew (though it doesn't unlock anything). You can give me whatever you want (Bidoof, Starly, etc) but I wouldn't be able to do it until March 11.

Awesome, and yeah I can get it online. I already have Mew, but you just need 1 shiny beast to unlock it right? So I might take you up on that. I'll just get back on here sometime after the 11th and ask ya then. I won't even be getting Black until next Friday so I have time.

I just read that you can now use TM's as many times as you like, just like HM's. That makes me soooo damn happy. I hated having to pick and choose who got Earthquake

That's one of the few bits of info I let myself be spoiled on. I was wanting to know little going into it so the good surprises will be that much better. However there was a few things I came across in here, like the posting of all the new pokemon, and especially what you mentioned that I looked over. In fact I'm saving TM's from Heart Gold and Platinum back just for that. EQ's, Rest, Psychic, ect., ect. I'm assuming they're tradeable as they always have been.

The only thing I'm going to need to look up more info on is the dreamworld stuff. I wanted it to stay vague for awhile as well. However I'm realizing that if it allows you to catch pokemon with different abilities, that I might need to look up what change on who, and if it's worth putting in a lot of effort into certain Pokemon if I will just end up catching a superior version there.

Awesome, and yeah I can get it online. I already have Mew, but you just need 1 shiny beast to unlock it right? So I might take you up on that. I'll just get back on here sometime after the 11th and ask ya then. I won't even be getting Black until next Friday so I have time.

I'll give you all 3.

In fact I'm saving TM's from Heart Gold and Platinum back just for that. EQ's, Rest, Psychic, ect., ect. I'm assuming they're tradeable as they always have been.
They're not anymore. No items can be traded from Gen IV to Gen V. :csad:

JAK®;19808786 said:
They're not anymore. No items can be traded from Gen IV to Gen V. :csad:

Wha...hmmm. Oh well, might as well use them then on Pokemon I intend to transfer over then. Tho it's not like I don't understand the reasoning.

Wha...hmmm. Oh well, might as well use them then on Pokemon I intend to transfer over then. Tho it's not like I don't understand the reasoning.
Well, this might be a spoiler, so;
There are some new TMs which replace some old ones. Also, since they are unlimited the game doesn't want you to have two of one TM.

Thanks for the explanation. I was figuring more along the lines of them not wanting us to start out with every Poke having Earthquake and Rest/Roost or something.

Not that that was a spoiler, but you don't have to worry about them. When I was talking about keeping myself spoiler free, it was 2 fold. First, while I didn't mind seeing what the Pokemon looked like, I didn't want to know how they were in battle. Like going into the game knowing a bug Pokemon is super weak, so even if I may have normally used him I put him in the PC knowing how he'll turn out. Second is just wanting to be surprised by some of the cooler features. So instead of knowing on route 21 you get this really awesome new addition to the series device, I'd rather just be surprised by it.

Then again it's not like any of that ruins it for me either. It's just that this version is almost like the jump up from Gameboy color to GBA, or GBA to DS, even if it's still on the DS. So I'm trying to let it keep that new car smell until I get it in my hands. Not that that's ever worked before lol, I'll end up looking stuff up the night before I get it or something.

Is there ANY word at all of them porting Yellow to the DS?

That would seriously make my day.

No word. I think the closest you will get is being allowed to download it from the 3DS Virtual Console.

But I don't want a 3Ds, I have a *****in' DSi already. :(

That totally sucks.

Pokemon Black/White Review: Redacted Version
http://ds.ign.com/articles/115/1153589p1.html

Apparently, Nintendo didn't want them to talk about some plot points or any unrevealed Pokemon until the game is released, so this review is currently full of blackouts and blurred images. Weird and kind of dumb.

What is with Nintendo becoming the KGB over Black/White? Besides, the game has already been out for 6 months.

What is with Nintendo becoming the KGB over Black/White? Besides, the game has already been out for 6 months.

I'm more annoyed with IGN. Joystiq was perfectly capable writing a review without needing to edit half of it out.
http://www.joystiq.com/2011/03/04/pokemon-black-and-white-review/

Either IGN was trying to make some kind of point about how silly Nintendo was being, or they rushed their review out as fast as they could and didn't want to bother not making it ridiculous.

so after learning i can not trade with heartgold until i beat the elite 4, i think i'll skip this game

it may sound petty but with no online access it was my only way to get the kanto starters, who i play every game with

real dumb move by nintendo

so after learning i can not trade with heartgold until i beat the elite 4, i think i'll skip this game

it may sound petty but with no online access it was my only way to get the kanto starters, who i play every game with

real dumb move by nintendo

There was no way to get the Kanto starters in GSC before beating the E4, they were impossible to get in RSE before FR/LG came out and there was no way to get them in DPPt before beating the E4 or trading with someone who did. This is nothing new. In fact, being able to trade between DPPt and HGSS out of the gate was the only exception.

The point of this is to get you to use the new Pokemon.

I'm just glad that the 'mini-game' for transferring from past games to black/white lets you just keep doing 6 after 6 after 6 until you're done, no more moving 6 over, having to go catch them and put them in the pc, and then quitting out to load up 6 more.

Also the changes in trading where they don't have to be in the party, is a great change that really should have been done a long time ago.

Now if only they would just let you select who you want to throw out at the beginning of a battle, instead of it instantly throwing the number 1 slot out, I would be happy. So many times throughout all the games have I triggered a battle only to remember I forgot to switch who goes out first.

There was no way to get the Kanto starters in GSC before beating the E4, they were impossible to get in RSE before FR/LG came out and there was no way to get them in DPPt before beating the E4 or trading with someone who did. This is nothing new. In fact, being able to trade between DPPt and HGSS out of the gate was the only exception.

The point of this is to get you to use the new Pokemon.

yes there was i transferred them to diamond and then using a second ds i traded them to heartgold. so i don't see why something like this could not be done in black and white

i find 99% of the new pokemon boring and lack the character of the original 151 and to a lesser extent the ones of gold and silver.

it's just my opinion i have a set group of favourites and perfer to play as them, but i'm in the minority that would like a large based game that lets you choose the region you start. it may not work on the ds but it would easily work on the wii and allow for far easier trading and battles online

yes there was i transferred them to diamond and then using a second ds i traded them to heartgold. so i don't see why something like this could not be done in black and white

I meant you couldn't transfer GBA pokemon to the DS until you beat DPPt, so there was no way to start with the Kanto pokemon. You can always get an Action Replay if you want those starters so much.

You had to get the National dex in order to be able to transfer them into Diamond. A similar concept is in place for Black/White, except you have to beat the Elite Four instead.

I'm gonna give all the new Pokemon a shot, then once I've finished up the Elite Four I'll trade over my main team and continue with them from there. Maybe I'll even assimilate some of the new guys into my team.

I'm fine with the new Pokemon personally, and the series has always been a rollercoaster asthetically for me anyway. While I find the food Pokemon absurd in B&W, looks wise it's pretty much on par overall with D&P for me. I'm also fine with no transfering until after the E4. I actually don't want to even think about the older Pokemon until after the E4 as I've had enough encounters with Zubat's and Geodudes, or starting out with a Bulbasaur/Charmander/Treecko/ect. I think it'll actually be refreshing to play with entirely new Pokemon only.

The main reason I'm hyped for this tho is just the all around improvements. A Pokemon game will feel like a Pokemon game either way. However the vastly improved battle animations, the bigger cities, improved online capabilities, better story, increase battle types (3v3 namely), should be more than enough to warrant a purchase. It'll hopefully be the same kinda feeling I got when playing Yellow with Pikachu following me, Silver giving time of day changes, or Ruby with 2v2 battles introduced. I already have 3 teams worth of 60+ Pokemon from the older games, I don't need to run any of them thru another 60+ hours of gameplay. I can always just add them to my team after the E4 and the last bit of the game kicks in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"