Pokémon It's the Pokemon thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think so. There will be what, like 700 Pokemon total after X & Y come out? I doubt they'll have almost all of them available between the 2. Remaking RSE will be an easy way to bring old Pokemon into the current generation.

700 is just too, too much. Good God

I do own Pokemon Emerald, but it's a big time hassle to play because I just have a DSi, a 3DS XL, & a Gameboy SP, but it has very little light or brightness to it. :csad:

I actually loved R/S/E. It may have been the novelty of playing my first Advance Pokemon game, but I remember loving it.

I had Ruby and while I played the hell out of it, I remember being annoyed they I couldn't have any of the pokemon I loved from the previous generations. I guess maybe I was so into GSC that doing anything new was just too uncomfortable at the time.

I love not seeing old Pokemon in new regions. It makes all the regions much more distinct.

I love not seeing old Pokemon in new regions. It makes all the regions much more distinct.

While I do agree with you there, I'm also too stuck in my ways to not seek out a male nidoran eveytime I start a new game.

The only time I was ever interested in any Nidoran was when I had two gameboys and a cable to trade with. Now that i only have one DS and can't get Nidoking or Nidoqueen by trading, I don't care much about them.

edit: I was getting confused. I was thinking they were some of the evolutions that happened by trading, but they were moonstone evolvers, weren't they?

The only time I was ever interested in any Nidoran was when I had two gameboys and a cable to trade with. Now that i only have one DS and can't get Nidoking or Nidoqueen by trading, I don't care much about them.

edit: I was getting confused. I was thinking they were some of the evolutions that happened by trading, but they were moonstone evolvers, weren't they?

yeah, both were moonstone evolvers. I've never had a team that didn't in some way involve Nidoking in some way. He's my go-to pokemon

always Dragonite for me. Takes forever to train, but so worth it.

all i can say is x&Y better allow us to trade as soon as possible. i hate this ******** complete the game crap to allow backwards compatibility.

call me boring all you want but i've played every version with my kanto 6 and wont stop now

also am i the only one who wouldnt mind if they up'd the party number to 7 or 8

always Dragonite for me. Takes forever to train, but so worth it.

See, I liked that I could get Nidoking fairly early in most games and once he was evolved he was pretty rad. Give him the right moves and he was a beast.

all i can say is x&Y better allow us to trade as soon as possible. i hate this ******** complete the game crap to allow backwards compatibility.

It's not going to happen. They have it that way since you start with the region's pokedex and some Pokemon won't evolve if they don't appear in it. I think it's the friendship evolutions like Golbat.

I always like to have a new mix of Pokemon. I enjoyed using brand new ones in White, had a lot of fun with that team. I also liked Diamond since my team just naturally came together whereas now I try to plan ahead to use Pokemon I haven't before. Probably my least-fun team was actually SoulSilver since I kind of went overboard in planning it and had 3 pseudo-legendaries (Tyranitar, Dragonite, and Metagross).

Last edited:
It's not going to happen. They have it that way since you start with the region's pokedex and some Pokemon won't evolve if they don't appear in it. I think it's the friendship evolutions like Golbat.

I always like to have a new mix of Pokemon. I enjoyed using brand new ones in White, had a lot of fun with that team. I also liked Diamond since my team just naturally came together whereas now I try to plan ahead to use Pokemon I haven't before. Probably my least-fun team was actually SoulSilver since I kind of went overboard in planning it and had 3 pseudo-legendaries (Tyranitar, Dragonite, and Metagross).

Are you sure I've used a pichu in both black and black 2 from as soon as I could trade and it evolved fine.

Are you sure I've used a pichu in both black and black 2 from as soon as I could trade and it evolved fine.

It's what I've read. Never tried it myself. Still, you'll never be able to import from a prior generation right out of the gate.

I was always a fan of raising a Nidoran male to a Nidoking. Was also always a fan of Geodude and Ghastly...wish I could find those 3 in B2.

I was always a fan of raising a Nidoran male to a Nidoking. Was also always a fan of Geodude and Ghastly...wish I could find those 3 in B2.

All three you listed were three that were mainstays on my team. Because my sister always had the opposite version as me, I'd evolve Graveller and Haunter ASAP via trade.

Gengar was a staple on my team whenever I was able to trade. Hypnosis + Dream Eater=badass.

My Gengar in Diamond was awesome. Psychic, Shadow Ball, Thunderbolt, and Giga Drain. He was my "Don't worry, I got this" Pokemon.

My Gengar in Diamond was awesome. Psychic, Shadow Ball, Thunderbolt, and Giga Drain. He was my "Don't worry, I got this" Pokemon.

My "Don't worry I got this" Pokemon was always Weezing. I could usually throw my buddies off guard with Weezing. Poke-trolling

I had a Raticate that was like that. That Pokemon can learn so many moves by TM, he can take down just about any type.

I had a Raticate that was like that. That Pokemon can learn so many moves by TM, he can take down just about any type.

Oh man I love Raticate. I don't think I ever kept one through the whole game, but for at least have of Red and Silver, I had a trusty Raticate.

It's one of those Pokemon that I don't like that much as others, just because it doesn't look as cool as most of the others. But damn if he isn't useful. I know I had one that knew Cut and Strength...and I think maybe Surf.

Which reminds me. There really needs to be a pokemon that can learn all HM moves (besides Mew). There's nothing more annoying that wasting a valuable move spot on something like Flash, or wasting a spot on your team for that one low level Pokemon that does know Flash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"